GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #31: Kings @ Senators - 7:30pm - Monday Dec. 14 2015

+6
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Ev
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, I want Boro back on D.  And yes, Dizzy had a great game with 8 hits.  Really softened up their D.

Solid hits too. That man finishes his checks.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:Dizzy did a better job than Boro on the forecheck -- he was hitting the right people.  When Zibanejad set up Karlsson's broken stick goal the defenseman who gave up the puck may have been influenced by earlier plays where he had to eat some glass.

And Boro will do a better job than Cowen -- I assume Cowen is the one coming out.  On the other hand Cowen played pretty well when paired up with Ceci for a few games, so I'd be OK with sitting Wiercioch instead.

You assume he'll bench Cowen, but he hasn't lately, so perhaps Cowen has more rope than we think.

I assume because Boro was skating with Wideman at practice; Cowen has been paired up with Wideman. However while Wiercioch was sitting Cowen was playing with Ceci.

Maybe the rules of not having sub-mediocre D are:

- do not play Cowen/Boro as a pairing; especially on the PK
- do not ask Boro to play anywhere but on the left side, 3rdpairing
- do not have both Cowen and Wiercioch in the lineup unless you are playing, umm,

There, I just saved Melnyk the $4M he would have had to pay for Murray to get a top-4 D-man. I'll take 5% up-front and the other 5% when we are back in second place in the Division.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, I want Boro back on D.  And yes, Dizzy had a great game with 8 hits.  Really softened up their D.

Solid hits too. That man finishes his checks.

Yeah, he was on line 3 for a while and I'm not a huge fan of that due to no offence, but when Boro takes his rightful place next to Wideman, I'm hoping he can be a semi-permanent 4th liner.

Dizzy knows the deal now, if he wants to be an NHLer, he must finish checks and chip in 5 goals a year, give or take.

Now...about Chiasson and his inability to score if his life depended on it...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:Dizzy did a better job than Boro on the forecheck -- he was hitting the right people.  When Zibanejad set up Karlsson's broken stick goal the defenseman who gave up the puck may have been influenced by earlier plays where he had to eat some glass.

And Boro will do a better job than Cowen -- I assume Cowen is the one coming out.  On the other hand Cowen played pretty well when paired up with Ceci for a few games, so I'd be OK with sitting Wiercioch instead.

You assume he'll bench Cowen, but he hasn't lately, so perhaps Cowen has more rope than we think.

I assume because Boro was skating with Wideman at practice; Cowen has been paired up with Wideman.  However while Wiercioch was sitting Cowen was playing with Ceci.

Maybe the rules of not having sub-mediocre D are:

- do not play Cowen/Boro as a pairing; especially on the PK
- do not ask Boro to play anywhere but on the left side, 3rdpairing
- do not have both Cowen and Wiercioch in the lineup unless you are playing, umm,

There, I just saved Melnyk the $4M he would have had to pay for Murray to get a top-4 D-man.  I'll take 5% up-front and the other 5% when we are back in second place in the Division.

Or...if Murray isn't full of Dung, which I think he is, then teams are actually asking about Cowen - and you take a deal, no matter what it is and absolve yourself of ~7.5 million from here to next off-season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would doubt Cowen would get claimed if we put him on waivers, but if a team did, they'd be doing us a favour. The guy is clearly an outsider in that dressing room and on the ice when he poses as a defenceman.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe Cameron should have played *him* as a forward. That's probably the easiest way to limit his ice time -- play him on the 4th line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum