GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13

+2
PTFlea
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:04 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Chabot is 2nd in D scoring, Lajoie tied for third.

17GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:06 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Taking out the empty net goals, the Sens have given up 19 in 5 games which is one fewer than the Leafs after 5 games.

18GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:This was first game I bet against sens

How did that work out for you?

19GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I predict another big loss. Too many hurt bodies and too many green players. Facing an experienced, although slow team. Speed will be our only weapon. I figure a high scoring affair. 6-3 for the kings

Im gonna keep thinking the sens will lose that way i’ll Be happy being wrong. Works well for me.

20GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Wideman with the lowest ice time on the team with only 8 minutes Harper led all D in time on ice

Id be interested to find out what could have changed for Harper to be better. Did he work on his game this summer? Or what was the problem last year. Will be an interesting case to follow. He’s got a lot of of what it takes to be a top 4D. Just has to put and keep it all together.

21GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Harpur didn't have any confidence last year. That led to poor decisions or indecisions. Boucher used his psych-fu on him. I'm guessing he told him to simplify his game. When in doubt, dump it out.

He's not terrible. But even so I'm surprised he got this much ice time.

22GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's such a game of inches though...Diddle, there were times where ottawa got pretty lucky.

Tkachuk is a revelation. Forechecking, around the net, some offense.

23GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:It's such a game of inches though...Diddle, there were times where ottawa got pretty lucky.

Tkachuk is a revelation.  Forechecking, around the net, some offense.  

*Some*?

He's got 5 points in 3 have played, 4th on the team in scoring while missing 40% of the games played. Saw a stat where he was on the ice for something like 8 of the 9 home I've goals the Sens scored.

He may not have the finesse and skill of some players but how much skill does it take to score from the crease? He's what Corey Perry would be if he ever smiled. Makes Ottawa a much harder team to play against. Formenton also has a bit of a nasty streak, as does White. Chlapik will, eventually, get called up and we could end up being a team no-one wants to play against.

24GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That said, injuries are a concern. Dzingel plays with a chip on his shoulder as well, and both he and Formenton are on the IR.

25GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For sure, getting to the areas Tkachuk does and then finishing is huge. I dont think he'll be a ppg player though, which is what I meant, but he has a chance to be a huge difference maker.

It's really all about forechecking for any team. Get in there, get on the defence, force turnovers and go to work in the offensive zone and he's so good at driving the forecheck. I'm very excited about him - White too, chabot, lajoie, forementon and more talent coming up the ranks.

The whole tkachuk thing proves yet again that fans really shouldn't comment on prospects when they're drafted, what do we know?

26GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To be fair, we have not yet seen Zadina.

And given Detroit's track record it may be a while before we do.

27GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:This was first game I bet against sens

How did that work out for you?

Lost $40 but would gladly lose that for the sens to win

28GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

really helps our power play to have a player like Brady not afraid to be in front of the net. and i like the fact we have scored 20 goals over 5 games and Lajoie is actually our top goal getter at 3 looks good to have everybody contributing and goals coming from everyone

29GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:really helps our power play to have a player like Brady not afraid to be in front of the net. and i like the fact we have scored 20 goals over 5 games and Lajoie is actually our top goal getter at 3 looks good to have everybody contributing and goals coming from everyone

I also like what Boucher is doing with the defence pinching in. If you're gonna run 7 Dmen and 11 forwards, there needs to be a reason you're doing that. If you're being ultra aggressive with your D and having them skate up with the play, then get back if necessary and you utilize those 7, then things can be quite interesting.

30GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's also because we don't have 9 top 9 players.

31GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:It's also because we don't have 9 top 9 players.
We could have called up Chlapik or given Batherston a look.

32GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Paul was called up before Chlapik had the 4 point night. Got all we know he may have been the better player at the time. What I don't understand is why we had Carey in our lineup in the first place. That should have been Chlapik's spot out of training camp.

33GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Paul was called up before Chlapik had the 4 point night. Got all we know he may have been the better player at the time. What I don't understand is why we had Carey in our lineup in the first place. That should have been Chlapik's spot out of training camp.

Carey was the first call up when Mccormick got hurt. your point is still valid carey should not have been the first call up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum