GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Kings @ Senators - Oct 24 2017, 7:30PM

+2
PTFlea
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Kings are coming off a loss last night to the Leafs.  Quick played most of the game for the Kings last night, so we might see Kuemper tonight in nets for them tonight.  Jeff Carter is on the IR.

I'm not entirely sure who will be in the lineup for the Sens...Smith and Ryan are out, and Boro is awaiting medical clearance to see if he can play.  McCormick was called up yesterday. It sounds like Colin White will play in Belleville on the weekend.

The Kings have the best goals against in the league. Ottawa has the best PK, and LA the second best.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Quick played most of the game last night? Why did he play all but 1 minute? To rest him for tonight? Laugh1

Clearly this is going to be a really tough game and a really good test.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It was a 3-2 game, I'm guessing they pulled the goalie at the end.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No, Quick underwent concussion protocol. Kuemper played a minute.

If Boro can play tonight, they're going with 7D. If he can't, McCormick is in the lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I actually tried to find the game and I think it was blacked out (they don't show info in the Rogers guide for blacked out games -- there was one and I assumed it was the Leafs).

Both teams will play their backups. Carter being out is pretty big for us. Kuemper has played in 2 games and has given up 2 goals. .923 SV% and 1.99 GAA is not too shabby. Sens are banged up with Ryan and Smith out, not good. I hope Boro gets cleared so they can play 11F and keep Dido on the bench. No offense, but give the extra ice time to Brown.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually Quick got clocked in that game but not sure if he came out. They were talking on the radio about it and I missed the start, but it sounded like they delayed the game for 40-some seconds as he was checked out on the bench. So not sure if he came out (since they talked about the game being delayed). Of course if Kuemper has 42 seconds in that game, then he did come out.

I think someone going through the crease hit him in the head.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2017/10/23/16528196/los-angeles-kings-jonathan-quick-nhl-concussion-protocol-toronto-maple-leafs-video-marc-andre-fleury

He got knocked on the head, stayed down briefly, them played three more shifts before staying out for one shift, getting checked out.

Very weird. Clearly the concussion spotters missed this since he played three more shifts, but it's also hard to believe the concussion protocol was followed since when he did come out, he only stayed out for one shift.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, give the extra time to Brown please.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brown ended up with about 10 minutes (which is a nice improvement over the 5-something he had in the last game). But, again, he was hardly visible in the first period. So in the last 2 periods he probably played more of a 12-minute per game pace. I'm not sure what Boucher's game is, but Brown was noticeable out there; DiDomenico was not.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably doesn't hurt that Brown is better than Dido in every facet of the game of hockey.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:https://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2017/10/23/16528196/los-angeles-kings-jonathan-quick-nhl-concussion-protocol-toronto-maple-leafs-video-marc-andre-fleury

He got knocked on the head, stayed down briefly, them played three more shifts before staying out for one shift, getting checked out.

Very weird.  Clearly the concussion spotters missed this since he played three more shifts, but it's also hard to believe the concussion protocol was followed since when he did come out, he only stayed out for one shift.

Do we know if Quick is playing tonight?

Nevermind. So post above. Back-up v back-up

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brown got beat badly on Matthews goal. Otherwise was good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Brown got beat badly on Matthews goal. Otherwise was good.

Matthews passed the puck back toward center on a give-and-go and Brown bit on it. He turned to the player with the puck who promptly passed it back to Matthews who had a head of steam.

So I wouldn't call it "beat badly" because it's not like it was a race. Also you still had Karlsson and Anderson to go through, and neither one distinguished themselves on the play.

Teaching moment: when you have a guy like Matthews, stay with him because he won't be without the puck for long.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa got soundly outplayed and was lucky to get a point. And burrows playing top 6 minutes can stop now too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ottawa got soundly outplayed and was lucky to get a point. And burrows playing top 6 minutes can stop now too.
I wasn’t able to see the whole game but I didn’t see ateam that got outplayed. They played very well and got plenty of missed opportunities. This could have easily not gone to overtime either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum