GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 27]

136How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:02 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:For what it's worth Pierre said on TGOR this morning that he'd be shocked if White is not in the NHL netxt year. Said he was the steal of the draft and he's an A+ level prospect.
If we decide to tank the year I suggest to trade Zibanejad or Lazar. That should bring a top 4 Defenseman and a pretty good one.

Sounds good. Also, Hoffman could be parlayed into a good return, if we doubt our ability to sign him long term.

137How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:For what it's worth Pierre said on TGOR this morning that he'd be shocked if White is not in the NHL netxt year. Said he was the steal of the draft and he's an A+ level prospect.
If we decide to tank the year I suggest to trade Zibanejad or Lazar. That should bring a top 4 Defenseman and a pretty good one.

Sounds good.  Also, Hoffman could be parlayed into a good return, if we doubt our ability to sign him long term.

I'd try to hang on to Hoffman. He's got an elite shot. We don't have many players who are elite in anything -- Karlsson and Hoffman.

138How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:51 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I think they've botched lazar's development to be honest. Why are they reluctant to give him more offensive opportunities or try him at center? Although Pageau was great on the faceoffs last night. Still, I figured lazar would have higher offensive ceiling than pageau.

If they intend to hang onto lazar, then send him to the minors. Up until now his PK was the best thing and u can't really get any worse than 0% PK so Diddle it send him to bingo.

139How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Sounds good.  Also, Hoffman could be parlayed into a good return, if we doubt our ability to sign him long term.

I'd try to hang on to Hoffman.  He's got an elite shot.  We don't have many players who are elite in anything -- Karlsson and Hoffman.  

Yes, I agree, I'd like to hang on to Hoffman, but I think there is a rift between him and the org and getting him to sign long term might be really tough.

140How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ya, at this point I would be dangling lazar+ to try and get us a top 4. Lazar likely won't be more than a 3rd liner Stowe should try to maximize his value while he still has some. But we all know Murray won't trade a lazar.

141How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:08 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/jakob-chychrun-is-the-best-defenseman-of-the-2016-draft-class/

Tank nation, time to rise and shine

142How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:13 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

One guy who's value I think has gone up is Zack Smith...and he's on a decent contract. I would dangle him and generate some interest.

143How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:One guy who's value I think has gone up is Zack Smith...and he's on a decent contract. I would dangle him and generate some interest.
Sure. Why not. Won't get us much but move him. Move anyone that's not part of the core.

144How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:36 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Smith could get a late second I would imagine.

145How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Smith could get a late second I would imagine.  
That's being hopeful.

146How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
That's being hopeful.
9 goals, 3 of them shorthanded and plus 5 on a team that is minus 22. I wouldn't trade him for less.

147How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:04 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
That's being hopeful.
9 goals, 3 of them shorthanded and plus 5 on a team that is minus 22.   I wouldn't trade him for less.  

And he's played with an edge, a few teams out west would love to have him IMO

148How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm thinking Brian steps down as GM at the end of the season. I think part of the only reason he's stayed on was that it looked like the sens were trending up and maybe, just maybe he could sit behind a team that could challenge for a cup. With this season going pear shaped and the back end looking disastrous I believe contending seriously is a couple years away and that's too long away for him.

149How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Id like to get Phaneuf.

150How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:51 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Id like to get Phaneuf.

Not on that contract! Also did you see his play tonight? Gag

151How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

Not on that contract! Also did you see his play tonight? Gag

Contract's fine. He would be excellent here.

152How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:32 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think I've developed an aversion to phaneuf.
I'm trying to be objective. If they retained some money it could be interesting but I'm sure the price is still pretty high.

153How do we fix the Senators - Page 10 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:12 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
That's being hopeful.
9 goals, 3 of them shorthanded and plus 5 on a team that is minus 22.   I wouldn't trade him for less.  

Make that 10 goals now, old friend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum