GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 27]

166How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:45 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I'd rather pay Hoffman 6M than Eriksson.  I worry about giving term to a 31 year old forward.  

Eriksson is so good though, much more complete player than hoffman.  I know we want that goal scoring game breaking forward, but if we can parlay hoff into a top.pairing dman we're ahead imo

I'm not a huge Hoffman fan, I think he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder and he has a bit of an attitude, and I honestly did not think Hoffman would repeat the success of his first year, much less improve on it in his sophomore season.  But what has this kid done other than everything asked of him?  Spent a long time in the AHL (smaller player, that broken collarbone probably didn't help), came up and played small minutes, little PP time, yet led the team (and all rookies) in goals.  He was 2nd among forwards with a +16 so he was not a defensive liability (remember couple years ago Ovechkin had 51 goals and was -35? that's not Hoffman).  

He is not a 100% perfect player, but he's not getting paid like one, either.  We have plenty of "scoring forwards" that come up with skill and flash but this is the only one in forever that's actually putting the puck in on a regular basis.  Why are we trying to run him out of town?

Oh and Neely and Ev say that " players in the locker room don't like him"

Whatev's

167How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With Turris back, and Methot, I think we're fixed.

168How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:With Turris back, and Methot, I think we're fixed.

Better but far from fixed. We might win one here and there.

169How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I'd rather pay Hoffman 6M than Eriksson.  I worry about giving term to a 31 year old forward.  

Eriksson is so good though, much more complete player than hoffman.  I know we want that goal scoring game breaking forward, but if we can parlay hoff into a top.pairing dman we're ahead imo

I'm not a huge Hoffman fan, I think he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder and he has a bit of an attitude, and I honestly did not think Hoffman would repeat the success of his first year, much less improve on it in his sophomore season.  But what has this kid done other than everything asked of him?  Spent a long time in the AHL (smaller player, that broken collarbone probably didn't help), came up and played small minutes, little PP time, yet led the team (and all rookies) in goals.  He was 2nd among forwards with a +16 so he was not a defensive liability (remember couple years ago Ovechkin had 51 goals and was -35? that's not Hoffman).  

He is not a 100% perfect player, but he's not getting paid like one, either.  We have plenty of "scoring forwards" that come up with skill and flash but this is the only one in forever that's actually putting the puck in on a regular basis.  Why are we trying to run him out of town?

Oh and Neely and Ev say that " players in the locker room don't like him"

Whatev's

Alfie wasn't popular, either.

170How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe we should take a run at Dumba meant trouba and sell high on Ceci?

171How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:With Turris back, and Methot, I think we're fixed.

Better but far from fixed. We might win one here and there.

They were 1-5 without Turris and 1-0 with Turris. Against the Leafs. Pretty much the definition of "inconclusive".

172How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:13 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Smith could get a late second I would imagine.  
That's being hopeful.
9 goals, 3 of them shorthanded and plus 5 on a team that is minus 22.   I wouldn't trade him for less.  

Make that 10 goals now, old friend.

Er, 11. I'll get it right eventually.

173How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispensed wrote:Id like to get Phaneuf.

Ahhhhh!

174How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:43 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

Ahhhhh!

This worries me if YOU thought it was a good idea!

175How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Ahhhhh!

This worries me if YOU thought it was a good idea!

Be afraid!

176How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:21 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezD! WHy didn't you say you'd like to get shattenkirk or pietrangelo?????

This deal disturbs me because Phaneuf was pretty bad last Saturday. And that contract could come back to bite us again.

177How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:SpezD!  WHy didn't you say you'd like to get shattenkirk or pietrangelo?????

This deal disturbs me because Phaneuf was pretty bad last Saturday.  And that contract could come back to bite us again.  

Meh, the whole Leaf team is a mess. Phaneuf can come here and not be the man, he'll be fine.

178How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:SpezD!  WHy didn't you say you'd like to get shattenkirk or pietrangelo?????

This deal disturbs me because Phaneuf was pretty bad last Saturday.  And that contract could come back to bite us again.  
oh he did... Laugh1

phaneuf was bad in TO because too much was expected of him. the support cast here is much better. paired with Ceci he will probably be asked to be more defensive and reliable than to produce. something i think he could do. he's not my ideal trade candidate but in what is available and at the ridiculously low price we paid... how can you not like this deal.

179How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

yeah, I did. I asked for Shattenkirk. Said I'd trade Hoffman to do it.

180How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:yeah, I did.  I asked for Shattenkirk.  Said I'd trade Hoffman to do it.
in the famous words of Mick Jagger. "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you just might find. You just might find. You get what you need"

let us hope this is what we needed.

181How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens fixed. We can close this thread now.

182How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:11 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:yeah, I did.  I asked for Shattenkirk.  Said I'd trade Hoffman to do it.
in the famous words of Mick Jagger. "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you just might find. You just might find. You get what you need"

let us hope this is what we needed.

Well, we all agreed that what we needed was a 2nd pairing LD....so...it could be exactly what we needed.

183How do we fix the Senators - Page 12 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sens fixed.  We can close this thread now.
hold your horses. lets finish up the year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum