GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 27]

181How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens fixed. We can close this thread now.

182How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:11 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:yeah, I did.  I asked for Shattenkirk.  Said I'd trade Hoffman to do it.
in the famous words of Mick Jagger. "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you just might find. You just might find. You get what you need"

let us hope this is what we needed.

Well, we all agreed that what we needed was a 2nd pairing LD....so...it could be exactly what we needed.

183How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sens fixed.  We can close this thread now.
hold your horses. lets finish up the year.

184How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The more I look at the roster the more I think some of you are right. I think wier gets moved at th deadline. I think they were happy enough with claesson to make him the first call-up if one of the d-men were to get injured.

Chabot gets a little leash to develop. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

185How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another benefit of this move is that it's a sign to the rest of the room that they are willing to spend to make the team better.

186How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think wiercioch goes soon, along with another piece for a winger - whether mac is coming back or not

187How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:31 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Another benefit of this move is that it's a sign to the rest of the room that they are willing to spend to make the team better.

You do realize that this is actually spending LESS money this year and next..?

188How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Another benefit of this move is that it's a sign to the rest of the room that they are willing to spend to make the team better.

Yes and no. They aren't afraid to go get a contract that is expensive. They are spending less because there were bodies that weren't getting played. No one needs those.
This sends the right message I think.

189How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yes and no. They aren't afraid to go get a contract that is expensive. They are spending less because there were bodies that weren't getting played. No one needs those.
This sends the right message I think.

Big time. Melnyk took on 20+ million today. Good for him and certainly sends a message that he'll spend.

190How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wonder if murray goes back to drouin now? And if so, for what?

Wiercioch, smith, 2nd and b prospect?

191How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:46 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Wonder if murray goes back to drouin now? And if so, for what?

Some other team will offer a better deal than that this summer.
They want a RHD for the now. Probably not wier. They likely want a better package with less moving parts then just quantity.

Even though he's been effective I think it's a good time to trade smith but I doubt it happens. Maybe if we can't start winning and fall deeper outside of the playoff picture than it happens by the deadline. But I dunno, I kind of expect us to start winning now. Maybe make the playoffs and possibly win a round depending who we face.

192How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes they save short term but like my math shows they are taking on over $20M over four years, and that shows commitment.

Tampa lost again, third after being the highest team in the league for a dozen games. This parity means that luck and desire to win are the main ingredients of a winning streak.

193How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I think that Cameron will use Phaneuf on the right side of the PK which should keep EK off the kill.

PK D pairings will likely be Methot/Phaneuf and Boro/Ceci. Big upgrade there.

194How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:I think that Cameron will use Phaneuf on the right side of the PK which should keep EK off the kill.

PK D pairings will likely be Methot/Phaneuf and Boro/Ceci.  Big upgrade there.  

Ceci played the PK regularly last season and if they are and I think he and Phaneuf would make a good 1st PK unit.

195How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Wonder if murray goes back to drouin now? And if so, for what?

They want a RHD for the now. Probably not wier. They likely want a better package with less moving parts then just quantity.

Even though he's been effective I think it's a good time to trade smith but I doubt it happens. Maybe if we can't start winning and fall deeper outside of the playoff picture than it happens by the deadline. But I dunno, I kind of expect us to start winning now. Maybe make the playoffs and possibly win a round depending who we face.

I have a feeling drouin will be a senator. What about a 2017 1st plus wier?

196How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:36 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's an interesting article siding with Drouin: http://www.milehighhockey.com/2016/2/9/10938168/the-jonathan-drouin-holdout-media-narrative-is-unfair

I just don't know about this kid. His agent is Allan Walsh (same for Mike Hoffman and Methot). Drouin would need a new contract after next season, and you kind of wonder how difficult a negotiation would be considering their current tactic with Tampa Bay. It might be more trouble than it's worth.

197How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I have a feeling drouin will be a senator.  What about a 2017 1st plus wier?
before fixing Up my first if like to see where we are at The draft. Im still very un sure about making The playoffs and whole de dors tu make The playoffs has a chance at The top 3.

198How do we fix the Senators - Page 13 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2017 1st though, i wouldnt give this one

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum