GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 27]

196How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:36 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's an interesting article siding with Drouin: http://www.milehighhockey.com/2016/2/9/10938168/the-jonathan-drouin-holdout-media-narrative-is-unfair

I just don't know about this kid. His agent is Allan Walsh (same for Mike Hoffman and Methot). Drouin would need a new contract after next season, and you kind of wonder how difficult a negotiation would be considering their current tactic with Tampa Bay. It might be more trouble than it's worth.

197How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Wonder if murray goes back to drouin now? And if so, for what?

Wiercioch, smith, 2nd and b prospect?
Some other team will offer a better deal than that this summer.
They want a RHD for the now. Probably not wier. They likely want a better package with less moving parts then just quantity.

Even though he's been effective I think it's a good time to trade smith but I doubt it happens. Maybe if we can't start winning and fall deeper outside of the playoff picture than it happens by the deadline. But I dunno, I kind of expect us to start winning now. Maybe make the playoffs and possibly win a round depending who we face.

I have a feeling drouin will be a senator.  What about a 2017 1st plus wier?
before fixing Up my first if like to see where we are at The draft. Im still very un sure about making The playoffs and whole de dors tu make The playoffs has a chance at The top 3.

198How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:04 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2017 1st though, i wouldnt give this one

199How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

before fixing Up my first if like to see where we are at The draft. Im still very un sure about making The playoffs and whole de dors tu make The playoffs has a chance at The top 3.

I think you need a better keyboard app or skinnier fingers. I can't decipher this.

200How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2017 1st rounder straight up? I'd do that. I'd add Wier if need be, but Drouin is gonna be a player IMO.

201How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:2017 1st rounder straight up?  I'd do that.  I'd add Wier if need be, but Drouin is gonna be a player IMO.

I'm not sure what it will cost but Yzerman could have hit a home run about a month ago.

202How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You gotta think Yzerman will deal Drouin by the deadline...I can't see this dragging on until the summer. Do it by the deadline, get something to help the Lightning get into the playoffs, and move on.

Kinda seems like the Lightning really wanted Ceci, but I bet Murray is trying to get them to take Wiercioch instead.

203How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:19 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Here's an interesting article siding with Drouin:  http://www.milehighhockey.com/2016/2/9/10938168/the-jonathan-drouin-holdout-media-narrative-is-unfair

I just don't know about this kid.  His agent is Allan Walsh (same for Mike Hoffman and Methot).  Drouin would need a new contract after next season, and you kind of wonder how difficult a negotiation would be considering their current tactic with Tampa Bay.  It might be more trouble than it's worth.  

Interesting article for sure but I don't like how he compares money that will be earned from players in the same draft class. Completely irrelevant. Also his analysis using stats is interesting when it shows what drouin is doing but then he compares it to o Reilly and to me that completely destroys the argument because they show very different things(I get that one is defensive but in terms of production and possession.) to me that just highlights the fact that you can't just use stats to evaluate a player and the play on the ice speaks louder than fancy stats.

204How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:22 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think you need a better keyboard app or skinnier fingers.  I can't decipher this.
It keeps going to the French keyboard. And yes, I need to re read what I write before I post.

I was saying that I need to see where we are with our 1st this year before trading it. I'm not convinced we make the playoffs and there fore wi the lottery the way it is, we have a chance at the top 3. Apart from the teams holding the top playoff spots I doubt you see many wildcard teams trading a first this year.

205How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:You gotta think Yzerman will deal Drouin by the deadline...I can't see this dragging on until the summer.  Do it by the deadline, get something to help the Lightning get into the playoffs, and move on.

Kinda seems like the Lightning really wanted Ceci, but I bet Murray is trying to get them to take Wiercioch instead.

Actually I can't see them doing it by the deadline when the return will likely be better this summer. This also will likely set his ELC back one more year since he refuses to play. Teams will like that. This kid shot himself in the foot.

206How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I think that Cameron will use Phaneuf on the right side of the PK which should keep EK off the kill.

PK D pairings will likely be Methot/Phaneuf and Boro/Ceci.  Big upgrade there.  

Ceci played the PK regularly last season and if they are and I think he and Phaneuf would make a good 1st PK unit.
I think you missed the point. Having EK or Boro PK on the right side has proven to be an adventure.

207How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I think that Cameron will use Phaneuf on the right side of the PK which should keep EK off the kill.

Ceci played the PK regularly last season and if they are and I think he and Phaneuf would make a good 1st PK unit.
I think you missed the point.   Having EK or Boro PK on the right side has proven to be an adventure.  

Didn't miss anything. I'd be OK with Boro on his wrong side but not on the *1st* PK unit. If you play Methot/Phaneuf then you still have the issue with a left-hand trying to clear the puck on his backhand or going the long way around. Not all of those end up in the net like Boro's goal this year. More often than not they get stopped at the blue line.

Ceci has shown that he can play the PK so why not keep your #2 pairing as your #1 PK unit?

208How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:52 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think you missed the point.   Having EK or Boro PK on the right side has proven to be an adventure.  

Didn't miss anything.  I'd be OK with Boro on his wrong side but not on the *1st* PK unit.  If you play Methot/Phaneuf then you still have the issue with a left-hand trying to clear the puck on his backhand or going the long way around.  Not all of those end up in the net like Boro's goal this year.  More often than not they get stopped at the blue line.

Ceci has shown that he can play the PK so why not keep your #2 pairing as your #1 PK unit?  
Phaneuf has played the right side PK very well over the years, which is different than having a lefty with no experience there.

209How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You gotta think Yzerman will deal Drouin by the deadline...I can't see this dragging on until the summer.  Do it by the deadline, get something to help the Lightning get into the playoffs, and move on.

Actually I can't see them doing it by the deadline when the return will likely be better this summer. This also will likely set his ELC back one more year since he refuses to play. Teams will like that. This kid shot himself in the foot.

I'm not sure they can set his ELC back a year considering he already played a bunch of games this season. Why does the return magically get better this summer?

210How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I'm not sure they can set his ELC back a year considering he already played a bunch of games this season.  Why does the return magically get better this summer?

I think they can because he took himself out of playing so he's arguably voiding a year from his ELC, that's on him not them. Or so they will argue.

The return gets better since more teams will get involved in the bidding. Right now it's only a select few.

211How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:40 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I'm not sure they can set his ELC back a year considering he already played a bunch of games this season.  Why does the return magically get better this summer?

I think they can because he took himself out of playing so he's arguably voiding a year from his ELC, that's on him not them. Or so they will argue.

The return gets better since more teams will get involved in the bidding. Right now it's only a select few.

You don't think Yzerman wants to bolster his lineup for the stretch drive, especially considering this might be the last run they have with Stamkos?

212How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm still in shock over the trade.

213How do we fix the Senators - Page 14 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

You don't think Yzerman wants to bolster his lineup for the stretch drive, especially considering this might be the last run they have with Stamkos?
I think they cave and sign stamkos to whatever they need to.

I think the team will be fine and will rather give up their first for a rental and chance getting more back for drouin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum