GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 27]

211How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:40 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You gotta think Yzerman will deal Drouin by the deadline...I can't see this dragging on until the summer.  Do it by the deadline, get something to help the Lightning get into the playoffs, and move on.

Kinda seems like the Lightning really wanted Ceci, but I bet Murray is trying to get them to take Wiercioch instead.

Actually I can't see them doing it by the deadline when the return will likely be better this summer. This also will likely set his ELC back one more year since he refuses to play. Teams will like that. This kid shot himself in the foot.

I'm not sure they can set his ELC back a year considering he already played a bunch of games this season.  Why does the return magically get better this summer?

I think they can because he took himself out of playing so he's arguably voiding a year from his ELC, that's on him not them. Or so they will argue.

The return gets better since more teams will get involved in the bidding. Right now it's only a select few.

You don't think Yzerman wants to bolster his lineup for the stretch drive, especially considering this might be the last run they have with Stamkos?

212How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm still in shock over the trade.

213How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You gotta think Yzerman will deal Drouin by the deadline...I can't see this dragging on until the summer.  Do it by the deadline, get something to help the Lightning get into the playoffs, and move on.

Kinda seems like the Lightning really wanted Ceci, but I bet Murray is trying to get them to take Wiercioch instead.

Actually I can't see them doing it by the deadline when the return will likely be better this summer. This also will likely set his ELC back one more year since he refuses to play. Teams will like that. This kid shot himself in the foot.

I'm not sure they can set his ELC back a year considering he already played a bunch of games this season.  Why does the return magically get better this summer?

I think they can because he took himself out of playing so he's arguably voiding a year from his ELC, that's on him not them. Or so they will argue.

The return gets better since more teams will get involved in the bidding. Right now it's only a select few.

You don't think Yzerman wants to bolster his lineup for the stretch drive, especially considering this might be the last run they have with Stamkos?
I think they cave and sign stamkos to whatever they need to.

I think the team will be fine and will rather give up their first for a rental and chance getting more back for drouin.

214How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure if Drouin's value will be higher in the summer when he hasn't played hockey for 7 months. We'll see. I say he gets dealt by the deadline.

215How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:51 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure if Drouin's value will be higher in the summer when he hasn't played hockey for 7 months.  We'll see.  I say he gets dealt by the deadline.
I don't think it will be higher but the fact that more T'es will be on it will drive the price up. In tge mean time he can use other assets toale his team better if he wants. If I was the GM I wouldn't limit myself to getting the return I want for him just to move him. They have the upper hand in this.
Of course they might move him if they get the return they are exactly looking for.

216How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It makes so much sense for ottawa. Too much sense maybe. Hard to beat a 1st, even if it is a 2017 one.

I maintain smith, wier and a 2nd is a good package though.

217How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Is the girl next door coming to town also?

218How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:It makes so much sense for ottawa.  Too much sense maybe.  Hard to beat a 1st, even if it is a 2017 one.

If I was the seller on that deal I wouldn't do it.

219How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:Is the girl next door coming to town also?

They have no kids and she's not currently filming anything, so I wouldn't be surprised if she came down to Ottawa to start looking around.

Edit: She's in Goon 2, which is in post, and she was on some TV show in 2015 (never heard of it, and only 6 episodes so definitely not doing anything on that now). Yep, she's free.

220How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Is the girl next door coming to town also?

They have no kids and she's not currently filming anything, so I wouldn't be surprised if she came down to Ottawa to start looking around.

Edit: She's in Goon 2, which is in post, and she was on some TV show in 2015 (never heard of it, and only 6 episodes so definitely not doing anything on that now).  Yep, she's free.

Post often includes a lot of audio work and over-dubbing. Just sayin'.

221How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Reading Brennan's article (here). Didn't realize that the Sens have now given up their top three picks from 2009 (Cowen, Silfverberg, Lehner) but still have the 4th (Wideman) and 5th (Hoffman).

222How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Reading Brennan's article (here).  Didn't realize that the Sens have now given up their top three picks from 2009 (Cowen, Silfverberg, Lehner) but still have the 4th (Wideman) and 5th (Hoffman).  

Turning those guys into Phaneuf, Ryan, and White seems like a nice consolation prize. Also, why post a link to a cheapshots article? It's best practice never to ever read his garbage.

223How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Reading Brennan's article (here).  Didn't realize that the Sens have now given up their top three picks from 2009 (Cowen, Silfverberg, Lehner) but still have the 4th (Wideman) and 5th (Hoffman).  

Turning those guys into Phaneuf, Ryan, and White seems like a nice consolation prize. Also, why post a link to a cheapshots article? It's best practice never to ever read his garbage.
Glad to have you back around here!

224How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:38 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks, flo!

225How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It makes so much sense for ottawa.  Too much sense maybe.  Hard to beat a 1st, even if it is a 2017 one.

What about a 2017 1st?

226How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

What about a 2017 1st?
Hey I'd do it but it's about if they do it. I really think someone will step up and offer them a better deal with. Blue chip prospect. I'm not giving up Chabot personally. Part of the reason I'm willing to dangle future firsts past this year is because we have white and Chabot in the system.

227How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

What about a 2017 1st?
Hey I'd do it but it's about if they do it. I really think someone will step up and offer them a better deal with. Blue chip prospect. I'm not giving up Chabot personally. Part of the reason I'm willing to dangle future firsts past this year is because we have white and Chabot in the system.

Yep. That's why id be willing to move it too because of our youth and because of drouin's age.

228How do we fix the Senators - Page 15 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First rounders and what they are worth:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007328.html

Going back 10 years these are our 1st round picks:

2005: Lee
2006: Foligno
2007: O'Brien
2008: Karlsson
2009: Cowen
2010: -
2011: Zibanejad, Noeson, Puempel
2012: Ceci
2013: Lazar
2014: -
2015: Chabot, White

Lee, O'Brien, Cowen, Noesen, Puempel: none of them are impact players
Foligno: good player but not a difference maker, IMO
Zibanejad: if we're being honest, Foligno (up to now) has been better
Ceci/Lazar: too early to tell

Point is, when you are trading for a guy, if your pro scouts are good then you are likely picking a player that will help you. A 1st round pick is a very iffy proposition by comparison. So, while you need to have picks you shouldn't overvalue them too much.

Of course if the player you're trading for is in the declining years you have to be careful. But if you are getting a player that still has 5-7 good years left and he will make your team better right now, and this is what you need, then go for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum