GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 27]

331How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:56 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll play.

hoffman turris stone
Drouin zib Ryan
macarthur/Prince pageau/white lazar
Pumpel Pageau/white Dzingel/McCormick

Methot karlsson
Phaneuf Ceci
Boro wideman
Claesson

Hard to predict right now what lands drouin.

332How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:23 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Does anyone believe that if we keep the current group of players together for a few years, that we'll be Cup contenders?

Yes if get another veteran forward and a better goalie

333How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:12 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

They need help everywhere. I would address it in this order:

1. Center
2. D
3. Goalie

Teams do not win without an elite center. Ottawa does not have one. They have some good 2C's. That is good enough to win a round or 2 but not go all the way.

The D is now middle of the road over the course of a full season. Will be interested to see it tonight though.

The goalie will have to be addressed after next season. Anderson has been full value. The team in front of him has been atrocious.

334How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:hoffman turris stone
MacArthur white Ryan
drouin zibanejad lazar
Smith Pageau Dzingel or McCormick

If White outplays Zibanejad for the 2LC spot we are going to the Conference Finals.

335How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Does anyone believe that if we keep the current group of players together for a few years, that we'll be Cup contenders?

Probably not.

336How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:They need help everywhere. I would address it in this order:

1. Center
2. D
3. Goalie

Teams do not win without an elite center. Ottawa does not have one. They have some good 2C's. That is good enough to win a round or 2 but not go all the way.

The D is now middle of the road over the course of a full season. Will be interested to see it tonight though.

The goalie will have to be addressed after next season. Anderson has been full value. The team in front of him has been atrocious.

Pittsburgh has 2 elite centers, Boston has none. Both have one Cup.

337How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1. Center
2. D
3. Goalie

The Bruins did. Turris white and zibanejad will be fine.

338How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ya I don't see the point to have an elite centre. But we need an upgrade over Zib. Whether that is white over the next few years or its Zib waking up I don't know. But as it stands we could use that upgrade.

I have a feeling the D will more or less be fine moving forward. They need to learn to play better together but for now It's just too little too late. I like that claesson will likely see more games next year.

Goalie is fine. Let's see how O'connor fairs next year with a better team in bingo in front of him.

339How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:35 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I have a sneaking suspicion that Claude Giroux wouldn't mind coming 'home' to the sens....let's make that happen.

340How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we manage to trade Chiasson and Neil by the deadline I bet murr calls up Schneider for spezzD to have a look at him.

341How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that Claude Giroux wouldn't mind coming 'home' to the sens....let's make that happen.
That!... Is beautiful wishful thinking.

342How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:41 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that Claude Giroux wouldn't mind coming 'home' to the sens....let's make that happen.

Him and Bobby Ryan are good friends! Sarcasm And Giroux lives in Ottawa and is also buddies with Methot.

Conversely, Giroux could also be recruiting Ryan to join the Flyers Facepalm

Anyways yes it's wishful thinking but I don't think it's entirely impossible if you start with Zibanejad + Hoffman....

343How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup. In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

344How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

1. Center
2. D
3. Goalie

The Bruins did. Turris white and zibanejad will be fine.
The Bruins had Kreiji and Bergeron who could both be considered number 1 centres that season. Both were close to a point per game in the playoffs and they had about 60 points each during the regular season. Both are better than Turris who I love as a number 2 centre in Ottawa. We need an upgrade plain and simple, how to get it is the problem, since it is either through the draft (unlikely) or through trade.

345How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

1. Center
2. D
3. Goalie

Our goaltending is fine. You can win cups with good goaltending doesn't need to be elite. How many cups do Price, Lundquist and Rinne have between them ?

Our D is now stabilized, run with Claessen over Weircioch in the 7th spot and if required mid way through next season bring in a RH vet to upgrade Wideman.

346How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:05 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender? #IdontThinkSo

347How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Him and Bobby Ryan are good friends! Sarcasm And Giroux lives in Ottawa and is also buddies with Methot.  

Conversely, Giroux could also be recruiting Ryan to join the Flyers Facepalm

Anyways yes it's wishful thinking but I don't think it's entirely impossible if you start with Zibanejad + Hoffman....

first, i don't see philly parting with giroux. just don't.

but if you did, i'm not sure it would be Hoffman. they have some depth at the center position but you would think form an ottawa point of view that that includes zib.
i'd say the asking price would be
Zib, Chabot and this years number 1 pick likely in the top 6.
that i my view would be the cost. possibly worth it.(but then we are starting to amass a lot of salary.)

but if anything i've read is that simmons is the name that comes up out of philly. not giroux.

348How do we fix the Senators - Page 23 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

Those are two huge moves that would filter down the lineup. Yeah, I'd say we're those two moves away from competing, especially with young players like White coming up.

The D is pretty much set now. It's night and day from what it was prior to the Phaneuf trade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum