GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 27]

361How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:26 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dzingel looked great tonight. We could really have a solid 4th line next year

Hes not a 4th liner though.

362How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dzingel looked great tonight. We could really have a solid 4th line next year

Hes not a 4th liner though.
He's a little small but could be an interesting option for some scoring on the 3rd line that can jump on the 2nd line.
And I mean on a healthy team.

Really liked the speed he had. All over the ice.

363How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:17 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently we had scouts at the St. Louis game, and they had scouts at our game. I wonder if that has anything to do with Nick Paul getting in the lineup? Regardless, the trade winds are blowing.

364How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Apparently we had scouts at the St. Louis game, and they had scouts at our game.  I wonder if that has anything to do with Nick Paul getting in the lineup?  Regardless, the trade winds are blowing.

Jaden Schwartz is a name that keeps coming up, for whatever reason...

365How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes please

366How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:33 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Apparently we had scouts at the St. Louis game, and they had scouts at our game.  I wonder if that has anything to do with Nick Paul getting in the lineup?  Regardless, the trade winds are blowing.

St. Louis plays in Ottawa in less than two weeks. With Stastny on the third line, I wonder if they are having buyer's remorse.

367How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

St. Louis plays in Ottawa in less than two weeks. With Stastny on the third line, I wonder if they are having buyer's remorse.

I'm sure they are. That's a big ticket for the Ottawa Sens but a LHC would be a great add.

368How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting. Stastny is $7M for two more seasons after this one. He's kind of like Dion, where he's a good player, but not quite worth his pricetag.

369How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's a team that doesn't score, so he's suffering. I'd take Stastny on this team in a heartbeat in a hopefully softish deal.

370How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:30 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stastny for ZBad.

371How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Stastny for ZBad.

Is that too much from us for that amount of salary?

372How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Stastny for ZBad.

Is that too much from us for that amount of salary?

It depends how you view ZBad.

373How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:48 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Interesting.  Stastny is $7M for two more seasons after this one.  He's kind of like Dion, where he's a good player, but not quite worth his pricetag.  
He is 7 then 7.5 for the next two years. Big price tag for a Turris clone IMO.

Aim higher. Once the Draft Lottery is done things will be clearer. If OTT, EDM, COL, BUF win the 1st pick it really changes the Top 6 centre dynamic.

If OTT wins then we have Matthews, Turris, ZBad, Pageau and can wait to move either Turris or ZBad depending on development and price tag.

If EDM wins then they have McDavid, Matthew, The Nuge, Draisaitl. So many options and with Eberle off the market Nuge and Draisaitl could both be available.

If COL wins then they would likely go with MacKinnon and Matthews. They could move Duchesne to the wing but they are budget and they have needs elsewhere.

If BUF wins they would have Eichel, Reinhart, Matthew and O'Reilly.

374How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:54 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Interesting.  Stastny is $7M for two more seasons after this one.  He's kind of like Dion, where he's a good player, but not quite worth his pricetag.  
He is 7 then 7.5 for the next two years.   Big price tag for a Turris clone IMO.

Aim higher.  Once the Draft Lottery is done things will be clearer.  If OTT, EDM, COL, BUF win the 1st pick it really changes the Top 6 centre dynamic.

If OTT wins then we have Matthews, Turris, ZBad, Pageau and can wait to move either Turris or ZBad depending on development and price tag.

If EDM wins then they have McDavid, Matthew, The Nuge, Draisaitl.  So many options and with Eberle off the market Nuge and Draisaitl could both be available.

If COL wins then they would likely go with MacKinnon and Matthews.  They could move Duchesne to the wing but they are budget and they have needs elsewhere.

If BUF wins they would have Eichel, Reinhart, Matthew and O'Reilly.

Good point. But you have to have a bit of fear that Murray is still trying to salvage this season and make the playoffs....

375How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not that he's a Turris clone, it's that he's performed at ~PPG level in the NHL and has the pedigree to do it again, especially in the East. He's a talented C who doesn't (really) skimp on the 2-way play. I'd say Turris is a Stastny lite right now.

It's a big price, but at the same time, you make the team immediately better and they're better next year and the year after. You don't trade the 1st for him, you don't trade White or Chabot for him, you offer a potpourri of things - similar to the Dion trade, and you become impactfully better.

376How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:45 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:It's not that he's a Turris clone, it's that he's performed at ~PPG level in the NHL and has the pedigree to do it again, especially in the East.  He's a talented C who doesn't (really) skimp on the 2-way play.  I'd say Turris is a Stastny lite right now.

It's a big price, but at the same time, you make the team immediately better and they're better next year and the year after.  You don't trade the 1st for him, you don't trade White or Chabot for him, you offer a potpourri of things - similar to the Dion trade, and you become impactfully better.
Laughing3

Ok ok... Thanks for that. But yes I think we could do worse than stastny and he is an upgrade over Zib. Might also be Backes with a new contract extention. You would dream it was Schwartz but that's not happening.

377How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:49 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It's not that he's a Turris clone, it's that he's performed at ~PPG level in the NHL and has the pedigree to do it again, especially in the East.  He's a talented C who doesn't (really) skimp on the 2-way play.  I'd say Turris is a Stastny lite right now.

It's a big price, but at the same time, you make the team immediately better and they're better next year and the year after.  You don't trade the 1st for him, you don't trade White or Chabot for him, you offer a potpourri of things - similar to the Dion trade, and you become impactfully better.
Laughing3

Ok ok... Thanks for that. But yes I think we could do worse than stastny and he is an upgrade over Zib. Might also be Backes with a new contract extention. You would dream it was Schwartz but that's not happening.

At this point, just about anything that means I won't need to watch our current brand of mediocre hockey ... please ... Wink

378How do we fix the Senators - Page 25 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Stastny has not been close to a PPG for his last 6 seasons. I'll stand by my assessment that he is a Turris clone, and I wouldn't pay Turris 7M.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum