GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 27]

301How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:10 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Was there some sort of rumour suggesting the Avs are trying to trade him?  After losing ROR, I don't think they would have any interest in moving Duchene..?

Yeah, a couple of months ago, when the avs were terrible

302How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:19 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Was there some sort of rumour suggesting the Avs are trying to trade him?  After losing ROR, I don't think they would have any interest in moving Duchene..?

Interesting. Seems like a weird guy to move since he's really good, and his contract is really good ($6M for the next few seasons).

What would he cost? ZBad, White, Wiercioch, 1st?

303How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:46 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Interesting.  Seems like a weird guy to move since he's really good, and his contract is really good ($6M for the next few seasons).  

What would he cost?  ZBad, White, Wiercioch, 1st?

Something like that

304How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Interesting.  Seems like a weird guy to move since he's really good, and his contract is really good ($6M for the next few seasons).  

Something like that

Maybe then can sub in Chabot instead of White? Anyway, I guess I'd do it...Duchene is still very young, and this makes us a substantially better hockey team for the foreseeable future.

305How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Something like that

Maybe then can sub in Chabot instead of White?  Anyway, I guess I'd do it...Duchene is still very young, and this makes us a substantially better hockey team for the foreseeable future.  

Yeah, probably chabot instead. Duchene would be amazing here, especially because he plays lw too

306How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:19 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

A reminder to everyone: When discussing trade scenarios please remember PW has negative trade value. His QO is is 2.9M and BMurr has been trying to unload him all year. The Sens may just let him walk in the offseason.

307How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:30 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I'd prefer to train Chabot over white. Especially if we are trading for a center.

Something like that

Maybe then can sub in Chabot instead of White?  Anyway, I guess I'd do it...Duchene is still very young, and this makes us a substantially better hockey team for the foreseeable future.  

Yeah, probably chabot instead.  Duchene would be amazing here, especially because he plays lw too

308How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:29 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So sens are 0 for 3 ever since the Phaneuf trade.  Last monday after winning against Tampa I think we all had some flashes of last season where we thought finally looks like they've turned a corner.  Nope.  Or they did and turned back after the trade.

My theory is something along the lines of what Pierre Mcguire said: Sens are lacking the energy they had when they rallied around hamburglar last season.  Hate to say it, but I think we underestimated how important Michalek was to that dressing room.  They lose him, it's suddenly more sombre and less exciting when all your close buddies are skipping town.  More demoralizing.  

WHat does that mean in the end?  As much as I liked Michalek, he wasn't going to be around forever and these guys need to be pros and find that extra gear.  Your GM pulls off a HUGE trade after u win 2 in a row to show he's got faith in your group, and you respond with 3 regulation losses?  Pathetic.  

I hate to say it, but where the heck is the leadership here?  Why is there no rallying cry?  Chiasson's fight when he stuck up for his captain did nothing to inject any kind of momentum.  SO sick of this uninspired script.  Rinse, repeat.  Rinse, repeat.  Team only somewhat wakes up after going down by 2 or 3 goals. That's on Karlsson, Methot, Turris, Ryan, Neil, Anderson.

You can help fix the sens by placing Turris on IR cuz he's clearly not himself.  And then start trading away anyone who has some value like Chris Neil and Zack Smith.  

And Dave Cameron needs to stop Cussing so much with the lines.  We've lost all ability to score 5on5.

309How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This year is a complete Dung show. You're right. Completely uninspired. Not that I want to put blame o the captain because he does produce a whole lot on the ice but maybe he's not been delivering in terms of inspiring the group in the room. It's like this team gave up winning a long time ago.

You need another major move going into next season. That's why I see Ladd as a guy you bring in. Leadership in the top 6. If Hoffman gets traded you will need that anyways to fill the position.
If you could bring drouin and Ladd in while Hoffman out you might not skip a beat and come back stronger. But something isn't clicking in this room. There's a polutant somewhere. Not sure where it is. Zib? Hoff? Hard to tell but something isn't right.

310How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

White is the kind of player that could come in and make a positive impact. Lazar will grow into it too, pageau, stone. No lack of compete, we're just not there yet and the Phaneuf trade was a month too late

311How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:36 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:White is the kind of player that could come in and make a positive impact.  Lazar will grow into it too, pageau, stone.  No lack of compete, we're just not there yet and the Phaneuf trade was a month too late

Not sure how you can say that. Team never shows up and continually allows the first goal. Like I said, they only wake up or compete once they're down by multiple goals.

Definitely some passengers in the group. Bobby Ryan has been awful as well. Zibanejad has been brutal. Turris is non-existant.

Stone...man he needs a letter on his jersey.

312How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Turris has been brutal for 30 games, look no farther than that. Zbad isnt good enough and weve known we needed a real dman for months...

Its a recipe for disaster

313How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we are again looking to inject some youth into this group. I think smith gets moved at the deadline and that will open his spot for someone in bingo. Apart from that yes white might be able to come in next year.
That does leave a huge question mark over Zib. Although we may have some reservations over what he is going to be I think he still holds very good value around the league. I wouldn't be surprised if we could upgrade him to a team needing cap relief. I'm not sure duschene is available anymore as its been suggested but a similar deal might get done.
We definitely need a shake-up of some of the unmotivated members of this team.

Bobby Ryan has been good enough for me but he may be a little demoralized right now.
Dunno if turris may also just be suffering still. But I wouldn't worry too much abou those two.

It will come down to moves in the summer for the most part. Minor pieces will move at the deadline but not much else. I still worry Murray might sit on Zib as he's still young until he may lose more value. Dorion should step in this summer.

314How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:52 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I think we are again looking to inject some youth into this group.

Nice article listing all 30 teams' needs.  

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mondaymustread-a-look-at-every-team-s-needs-wants-and-wishes-1.438334

OTTAWA
Top priority: Non-rental forward
Scoop: After trading for Dion Phaneuf last week, GM Bryan Murray said he wasn’t finished. Murray is focused on making a splash with a scorer who will be around for years to come. Ottawa remains a potential landing spot for Jonathan Drouin.

315How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I think we are again looking to inject some youth into this group.

Nice article listing all 30 teams' needs.  

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mondaymustread-a-look-at-every-team-s-needs-wants-and-wishes-1.438334

OTTAWA
Top priority: Non-rental forward
Scoop: After trading for Dion Phaneuf last week, GM Bryan Murray said he wasn’t finished. Murray is focused on making a splash with a scorer who will be around for years to come. Ottawa remains a potential landing spot for Jonathan Drouin.
Yeah I just saw that. I think they should add to that list veteran leadership on he top 6 but that's a need for the summer. Basically let this fiasco of a year play itself out and then reevaluate in the summer.

316How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This may be too much musing but in the eventuality that the team right now doesn't think they can resign Hoffman, do they trade him to Anaheim for a package including one of their young blue liners and then flip Ceci for drouin?
That's a lot of moving parts but yeah.... Anaheim needs this kind of deal and Hoffman is at an all time high.

Edit: the advantage with having phaneuf now is we could ideally trade Ceci and whoever we could trade Hoffman for is either a LEfty or a righty as phaneuf can play both sides.

317How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The D is set. Let's not mess around with it.
TBH I don't even have an issue with the lineup right now. They just need to tighten up their defensive game.

318How do we fix the Senators - Page 21 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:The D is set. Let's not mess around with it.
TBH I don't even have an issue with the lineup right now. They just need to tighten up their defensive game.
You may not have a prob with the line-up but it may not be able to stay that way. We might not be able to retain Hoff. We could use an upgrade over Zib. And we need help on the LW.(which is debatable how we get there)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum