GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015

+5
tim1_2
LeCaptain
spader
SensHulk
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wideman for sure, but Cowen stinks to high heaven, so Kostka is a better option, even is he's just ok.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Please tell me Thor is a rightie.  Love Boro but its to the detriment of the team when he plays the right side. If both he and Wideman are out we would have five lefties in the back end.

Unless Thor is a rightie.  Please?

Edit: Hallelujah!  He's a rightie!  Season saved.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Marchand will get a hearing. That's more than I expected but apparently all the media types were watching the replay so it was probably in all the highlight reel. NHL cannot avoid it, Winter Classic or not. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets suspended but I would be shocked if it was enough.

And what about the guy who tried to rip Widemand'shead off? Hard to understand why there was no call. He just reached out and grabbed the side of his head for no reason whatsoever. Was it Beleskey?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, it sucks to lose, but I like the way they went out. We obviously took too many early penalties and then they had that flukey goal to kick it off. If you're gonna go out, though, go out fighting, which is what they did. Hopefully that attitude carries over.

Yeah, Marchand should get a suspension. There's no justification for what he did, it was clear intent to injure.

Hammond will play next game, a couple new faces on the blue line, and victory will be ours.

How about BoroCop? What a Cussing stud.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The game was good. Turris puts that one timer in and we probably win. Rask also made some very good saves while screened.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, it sucks to lose, but I like the way they went out. We obviously took too many early penalties and then they had that flukey goal to kick it off. If you're gonna go out, though, go out fighting, which is what they did. Hopefully that attitude carries over.

Yeah, Marchand should get a suspension. There's no justification for what he did, it was clear intent to injure.

Hammond will play next game, a couple new faces on the blue line, and victory will be ours.

How about BoroCop?  What a Cussing stud.

What did Boro do to be called a stud? Wouldn't be surprised if he's out tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro gave a crap. No one touched Marchand after the submarine no one looked at whoever it was that hot him into the boards from behind. Then he challenged Chara.

Stud? No, but he certainly highlighted a glaring need in that lineup for a few people who give a Diddle.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Boro gave a crap. No one touched Marchand after the submarine no one looked at whoever it was that hot him into the boards from behind. Then he challenged Chara.

Stud? No, but he certainly highlighted a glaring need in that lineup for a few people who give a Diddle.

Naw that's complete Dung to say other people done give a Diddle. It's just a matter of talent, that's all. Ottawa is banged up and missing three of their most talented wingers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chiasson needs to be doing more. Same with Pageau. Same with Cowen and a few others.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pageau used to lead the team in hits as well as hits per game played. He is not 7th. *7th*!!! That's a huge drop off. I realize he's playing with scrubs so his offense has suffered, but why is he not hitting like he was earlier?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Chiasson needs to be doing more. Same with Pageau. Same with Cowen and a few others.

Ya, I agree. Chiasson isn't even warranting a new contract at this point. Maybe as a four liner but even then.
I'm not seeing why Prince isn't pushed up to the third line. At least there would be a bit more skill with him and pageau. Then you have a much rougher 4rth line.
We are in need of some skilled wingers again, I don't know what puempel did in the A or last time in the N but I don't know how much it would hurt us to have him up here.
I'm starting to challenge some of the line-up decisions Cameron is making.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chiasson is getting ES/PP/PK time. He's on the ice in all situations. You'd think he's done something to deserve it. 4 PP goals last night. Our PK sucks. And was it something like 0-5 on the PP? Our PP sucks. And he hasn't scored an ES goal since last year -- he had 8 last year so should be around 4 now (and he thought he was pretty weak last season). With a big body like that, if you don't score there's other things you can do, and he's simply not doing them. Under 2 hits per game, under a half a blocked shot per game (UNDER A HALF!!!) If you're not scoring, hit, block shots, do SOMETHING!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

At this point I'd rather see Greening in place of Chiasson.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also I'm not seeing the utility of smith on that second pairing. He's more of a scoring threat when playing in the bottom two lines. Saw too many badly executed plays last night.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The ref was right there....and no call. It's just like the Zibanejad hit that went unpenalized but resulted in a suspension

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015 - Page 4 Marchand-4

Marchand also speared turris but got only 2 mins for slashing. i know the sens sucked last night but the refs weren't any better.

I feel bad for Boro, the guy takes a cheap shot like that and gets shaken up...then comes back to play a gritty style, gets into a fight with chara, keeps taking hit after hit, and then wants to fight another bruin who's picking on Dizzy. Props to him, that's pure heart.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:At this point I'd rather see Greening in place of Chiasson.  

At this point, I'd rather see Greening in place of Cowen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:At this point I'd rather see Greening in place of Chiasson.  

At this point, I'd rather see Greening in place of Cowen.

At this point, I'd rather see The Nutcracker in place of Cowen.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BoroCop is pure win.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum