GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #36: Bruins @ Senators - 5:00 pm - Sunday, Dec 27 2015

+4
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #36: Bruins @ Senators - 5:00 pm - Sunday, Dec 27 2015
(note the start time)
GAME DAY #36: Bruins @ Senators - 5:00 pm - Sunday, Dec 27 2015 Large GAME DAY #36: Bruins @ Senators - 5:00 pm - Sunday, Dec 27 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #36: Bruins @ Senators - 5:00 pm - Sunday, Dec 27 2015 Large
As we approach the mid-point of the season the Senators find themselves in a suddenly wide-open Atlantic Division.  Mired in a season-long six game losing streak (and 1 win in the last 10) Montreal slipped into second place when Detroit beat the Preadators last night.  Both teams have 43 points but Detroit holds 2 games in hand.  Boston is just 1 point back and have a game in hand on Detroit.  A loser point for the Bruins tonight would leap frog them over Montreal (games played tie-breaker) and Detroit (goal differential) into first, and put the Sens within 1 point of the division lead.  Just 4 points separate the top six teams in the Atlantic.  Buffalo is another 5 points back but are flirting with a .500 record (defined as having the same number of points as games played).  And if you think Toronto is way out of it, they are just 3 back of Buffalo with 2 games in hand.  Both of these teams have a winning percentage over their last 10 games, and a five game winning streak could move them into the conversation.

The Senators have a number of players either on the IR or playing hurt.  Phillips likely will not play again, only his salary is preventing him from retiring.  MacArthur (31 games) and Michalek (11 games) are two regulars who have missed significant time; both could be use in the top-six when healthy.  Lazar missed 3 games in October with a concussion and now is out with a leg injury (I don't believe he's been placed on the IR so I'll assume day-to-day for now).  McCormick has been recalled from Bingo.  Ceci *has been* placed on the IR, and will be eligible to return on the 29th.  Ryan aggravated his broken finger and did not finish the game against the Panthers but looks like he'll play tonight.

The Bruins played last night, losing 6-3 (two empty net goals at the end) to the Sabres.  They will be a tired team, but also an angry team (right, Pierre?)  Hopefully they are more tired than they are angry as the Sens (five rookies and three sophomores in their lineup, I believe) will likely need the help.

GO SENS GO!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not surprised we're at this point in the standings with the lazy and listless efforts this team has put out from time to time. Every game counts, let's see if they realize that starting tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Outshot 2x by a team that played out of town the night before (outshot in all three periods) and who lost their top forward after the second. Yet although Anderson made some nice saves, I find it hard to say he single-handedly won the game. There were a lot of very scary moments when both the Sens' defenders *and* Anderson were way out of position on rebounds. With a little rebound control half of those chances go away. I'd say they were lucky to win tonight, and Anderson was lucky to get the W (and came damn close to getting a shutout).

Both teams came into the game riding 2 game losing streaks. Bruins were steamed after losing a 2-goal lead in the third at home. They won't be any happier Tuesday night. Maybe Krejci is hurt enough to miss a game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Atlantic Division leading Florida Panthers. Facepalm

Last edited by wprager on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beauty win, even though we had a crap 2nd. Massive win, obviously.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm really starting to enjoy Wideman's game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me too. But we the same time, hating Cowens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Me too.  But we the same time, hating Cowens.  

And yet Wideman had 3+ minutes less ice time than Cowbun (lowest total among Sens D).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen had a good game imo

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Typical Ottawa victory. Nice work, Matrix !

That was a big W. Next!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Cowen had a good game imo

Will disagree there. Good moments but too many whiffs, he was the single cause of a few odd-man breaks for the Bruins.

Sens looked like they were still in xmas mode. Lucky to win but bruins were just bad at finishing and despite being outpaced and outzoned by the bruins, their shots weren't too dangerous either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He has no idea what to do when the puck's on his stick. Turnover machine and in dangerous places.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

Will disagree there.  Good moments but too many whiffs, he was the single cause of a few odd-man breaks for the Bruins.  

Sens looked like they were still in xmas mode.  Lucky to win but bruins were just bad at finishing and despite being outpaced and outzoned by the bruins, their shots weren't too dangerous either.
Sens have been in xmas mode since November. Outpaced AGAIN by a "tired" team. Disgraceful.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Will disagree there.  Good moments but too many whiffs, he was the single cause of a few odd-man breaks for the Bruins.  

Sens looked like they were still in xmas mode.  Lucky to win but bruins were just bad at finishing and despite being outpaced and outzoned by the bruins, their shots weren't too dangerous either.
Sens have been in xmas mode since November. Outpaced AGAIN by a "tired" team. Disgraceful.

I concur. The excuses don't ever end. I don't know what it is but this team needs to wake the Diddle up and find that extra gear already. Look quite slow and lethargic.

Last good game I remember them playing was against the sharks. Been fairly boring since then.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They may not be firing on all cylinders, but at least they're staying in the race. If they find a way to put things together in the next month or so then the division is ours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum