GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015

+5
tim1_2
LeCaptain
spader
SensHulk
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015 Large GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015 Large

The injury-riddled senators meet the injury-riddled Bruins for the second game of a home-and-home series that started late Sunday afternoon in Ottawa.  While they were thoroughly outplayed in the various stats columns (by a tired Bruins team, who playediess than 24 hours previously) the Sens managed to score a 3-1 victory thanks to Anderson's solid goaltending and Stone's clutch/lucky goals.  His first one was a bank shot from behind the goal line, off the skate of the defenseman; his second one was an empty-net backhander that sealed the win.  In-between Zibanejad buried the rebound on e Ryan shot, after a nifty little play at center ice by Hoffman.  

Near the end of the second period Ryan and Krejci both turned the same way and accidentally banged shoulders at center ice.  Both seemed to ask each other if they were OK but as Krejci skated away he must have felt something.  Next thing you know he's not on the ice for the third, and sounds like he's going to miss a bit of time (he's been placed on the IR).  Kanata native Ryan Spooner will get the chance to center the top line.  Also joining Krejci on the sidelines is Torey Krug -- he is listed as day-to-day but Julien has already said he will not play Sunday.  And, of course, Chris Kelly is still out with that broken femur.

On the Sens' side of the sick ward, MacArthur and Michalek are still out (Michalek has been skating but I haven't heard of any timeline for his return).  Joining the, are Lazar (day-to-day) and Ceci (week-to-week).  Ryan is skating through a broken index finger, Turris is Wolverine but is also banged up (you can see his wrist is still taped from back in November and I'd be surprised if he's not wearing a brace on his Gumby-knee).

After this game the Sens return home to host the New Jersey Devils, and Cameron has already said that the goalies will split the duties in the back-to-back games.  I'd be really surprised if Anderson didn't get the start against the Bruins, given how he played last night.  A win tonight will vault the Sens past the Bruins.  The Sens are also just 1 point back of Detroit, who are playing their second game in two nights on the road.  Lastly, the Sens are 2 points back of the Panthers, who are playing Montreal.  Montreal is playing their second game in two nights, so a win by the Panthers is the likely outcome.  In this case a Sens win could bring them within 2 pointa of the Division Lead.  However if Montreal wins in regulation, then a Sens regulation or overtime win would propel them ahead of the Panthers and into second place in the Division (don't ask me what happens if the Sens win in the shootout -- the rules for head-to-head points hinges on playing an equal number of home games, and if the number is not equal you throw out the results of the first extra home game; both games so far have been in Florida but if you throw out the first one -- a Sens win, then the Panthers hold the tie breaker with a SO win in the second game; except that there is no rule for when the home game difference is 2).  Meh, whatever, it's not important yet.
GO SENS GO!!!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's crazy, we're not even half way through the season and the standings race is in full swing.

I don't think we're winning tonight, only thing I'd hope for is an OT loss. Home and home rarely is a sweep, let alone when it's the bruins as your opponents. Plus, Cowen is still in the lineup.

Hope they can keep it close and competitive. Anderson is finally bringing that GAA down, would be a shame to see him get roughed up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Breaking News! Hammond to start. Craig Anderson is in Finland behind the Swiss bench. I assume Driedger has been recalled to backup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:It's crazy, we're not even half way through the season and the standings race is in full swing.  

I don't think we're winning tonight, only thing I'd hope for is an OT loss.  Home and home rarely is a sweep, let alone when it's the bruins as your opponents.  Plus, Cowen is still in the lineup.  

Hope they can keep it close and competitive.  Anderson is finally bringing that GAA down, would be a shame to see him get roughed up.

They are missing Krejci and Krug, and their home record is sub-500. Also, I assume the Bruins traveled home after the game while the Sens slept in their beds, had an 11AM open practice then traveled during the afternoon, arriving at their hotels in time for some supper and an nice, easy evening. I think this game can be had, but they'll have to play better than Sunday night.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Breaking News! Hammond to start.  Craig Anderson is in Finland behind the Swiss bench.  I assume Driedger has been recalled to backup.

What? I don't get the joke. Does the Swiss coach look like him or something?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Breaking News! Hammond to start.  Craig Anderson is in Finland behind the Swiss bench.  I assume Driedger has been recalled to backup.

What? I don't get the joke. Does the Swiss coach look like him or something?

Guess you weren't watching the game. The Swiss were up 2-0 and even after the Canucks tied it up they had quite a few golden opportunities to re-take the lead. Their forecheck was relentless and their goalie was very good. But Blackburn was also fantastic on several glorious chances and, of course, in the SO.

And, yes, he looks like he could be Andy's younger brother.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is the only picture I can find of him on short notice (he's the guy on the left Smile )

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015 Glen-Hanlon-presser_Standard

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Aha! From the article accompanying that picture (Hanlon being named Team Switzerland coach) I find out his name is John Fust, so now I've got lots of pictures:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=john+fust&tbm=isch&imgil=eHa_7y3I4JcLxM%253A%253BRN2xAjDS7LsotM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.20min.ch%25252Fsport%25252Fdossier%25252Ftimeout%25252Fstory%25252F26145897&source=iu&pf=m&fir=eHa_7y3I4JcLxM%253A%252CRN2xAjDS7LsotM%252C_&biw=1600&bih=763&usg=__rdRDn9J16fq5AmYzkGgwQyN5-AA%3D&ved=0ahUKEwixncvwkYLKAhVBqx4KHWn1DcYQyjcIQA&ei=AwyDVvGPKMHWeunqt7AM#imgrc=eHa_7y3I4JcLxM%3A&usg=__rdRDn9J16fq5AmYzkGgwQyN5-AA%3D

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here, guess who this is:

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015 Captur12

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I literally thought to myself 'why is prags photoshopping anderson's helmet onto....anderson?'

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Is that Lex Luthor?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:Is that Lex Luthor?

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015 Superman_gene-hackman-lex-luthor

Probably not.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shoulda started Hammond.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is strange.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Is that Lex Luthor?

GAME DAY #37: Senators @ Bruins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Dec 29 2015 Superman_gene-hackman-lex-luthor

Probably not.

That is Gene Hackman portraying Lex Luthor who, as LeCaptain correctly stated, is in that picture you posted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum