GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #35: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Dec 22 2015

+5
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #35: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Dec 22 2015

GAME DAY #35: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Dec 22 2015 Large GAME DAY #35: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Dec 22 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #35: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Dec 22 2015 Large

In the Eleventh Game of Christmas my True Sens gave to me,
Eleven ??? could have used him out there
Ten back a-skating
Nine blocked shots
Eight shots in the second (but they scored on *four* of 'em)
Seven and 20 shots (in the first period alone)
Six Give-aways
FIVE POWER PLAAAAAYS!
Four first period PIMs,
Another three for Karlsson
Two Hoffman goals
And a loss to that team from Philly.

OK, thankfully this is the last of the Twelve Games of Christmas. In retrospect, since the GDTs are (usually) put up before the game I should have been one ahead each time (the first stanza appeared in the GDT for the *second* Game of Christmas). Bah! Maybe next time.

Meanwhile, the Sens are still just 4 points back of the Division Leading Habs with a game in hand, but they are also just 2 points ahead of *three* teams battling them for the final wildcard spot. Tampa, Jersey and Philly are all at 37 points, having played the same 34 games as the Sens; Pittsburgh is 4 back but have a game in hand. The Pennsylvania teams do not play until after the break, and the Lightning and Devils play Vancouver and Detroit, respectively, so there is still a good chance the Sens go into the break in a playoff spot. A regulation or overtime win over the Panthers tonight would vault Ottawa into the 1st wildcard spot (a SO win means the Panthers would be ahead on goal differential).

Florida is hot. Not just the weather, the Panthers are on a 4 game winning streak and 7-3 overall in their last 10. In 3 of those 4 games they scored 5 goals, and in the other Luongo posted a 2-0 shutout.

The Sens, not so much. They are 5-5-0 in their last 10 and find themselves with three teams just 2 points away from knocking them out of a playoff position.

Last time the two teams met the Sens overcame a 2-1 deficit, scoring 3 goals in the third period (including Pageau's shorty into an empty net) for a come-from-behind-twice 4-2 win. Hoffman provided the winning marker and the twitter commotion as he was benched for much of the third period, and replaced on the top line with Borowiecki.

Bobby Rayn aggravated his broken finger and Ryan Dzingel has been recalled. Ceci only played 5 minutes in the last game before coming out with an upper body injury. If he can't play then Cowen will draw back in, and we'd be back to a Cowen-Boro bottom pairing. Not sure what is worse -- Boro on the top line, or Boro on the right side killing penalties with Cowen. Dzingel is a RHS, can he play defense?

Facepalm

GO SENS GO!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My Christmas assessment of the team is that we're doing OK. We're missing two of our veteran players who also happen to be LWs, in MacArthur and Michalek. Other guys are banged up too. Our D has been been pretty sketchy, but goaltending has been rock solid.

We're right in the middle of the playoff fight which is where we should remain for the balance of the season. What doesn't help is that other teams are heating up, and the standings are so bunched up.

Tonight's game against Florida is big, as will be pretty much every divisional matchup from here on. We own the Panthers, and our guys are going to be pretty desperate for a win. I'd love to see Dzingel draw in on one of the top two lines, but that doesn't seem to be Cameron's style.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

oh dear god I think cowen is back in the lineup

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:oh dear god I think cowen is back in the lineup

Paired with Wiercioch no less.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Man outside of columbus and edmonton, the sens have allowed the most goals in the league. Yeah we definitely need more capable Dmen.

Florida is coming in hot and scoring lots of goals. Don't like our chances, we could be out of a playoff spot by the end of the night.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Coach Cameron:

Ryan Dzingel will make his NHL debut tonight. Cowen is back in and Ryan and Ceci are out with injuries.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Borowiecki will play with Wiercioch, Cowen on the bottom pairing. Season saved.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:oh dear god I think cowen is back in the lineup

Paired with Wiercioch no less.

Boro is the only one who's played the right side, so he'll be on the 3nd pairing. And the former projected top-three pick will be on the bottom pairing with an AHL callup keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't screw up too badly. Facepalm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Borowiecki will play with Wiercioch, Cowen on the bottom pairing.  Season saved.

Seems solid.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Borowiecki will play with Wiercioch, Cowen on the bottom pairing.  Season saved.

Seems solid.

"You are my density."

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dzingle bells Dzingle bells Dzingle all the way!

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We win if: Hoffman, turris and stone come to score

We lose if: they don't, cowen sees more than 8 minutes.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, just had a look at The lignes and pairings. Looks rough... I wouldnt put any money on The game...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DDP losing his crap on the Florida feed. I really don't miss Potvi one bit

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice job bouncing back from yet another loss so far. Well done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum