GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #35: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Dec 22 2015

+5
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, just had a look at The lignes and pairings. Looks rough... I wouldnt put any money on The game...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DDP losing his crap on the Florida feed. I really don't miss Potvi one bit

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice job bouncing back from yet another loss so far. Well done.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another game where the goaltending is overrated. Florida doesn't score goals. Anderson was good but not the only reason they got a point

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

These injuries are killing us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know why he didn't try Dzingel with Turris or zbad. It's just an odd decision, give him some skill to work with.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thanks for the point, Matrix !

The good news is that pretty much everyone else important to the Sens playoff chase lost (except Florida obviously), so that loser point is better than nothing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The break comes at the perfect time for us.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Another game where the goaltending is overrated. Florida doesn't score goals. Anderson was good but not the only reason they got a point

Typical Anderson, couldn't stop a beachball in the shootout.

Yes, I'm joking, sort of. He got them the single point because they did not play well enough to win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Thanks for the point, Matrix !

The good news is that pretty much everyone else important to the Sens playoff chase lost (except Florida obviously), so that loser point is better than nothing.

Yep, just 3 points back of the Habs and still with a game in hand.

Boston has *3* games in hand and are just a point back. There's going to be some chunks of coal in some red-white-blue stockings.

GAME DAY #35: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Dec 22 2015 - Page 2 Captur12

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Another game where the goaltending is overrated. Florida doesn't score goals. Anderson was good but not the only reason they got a point

Yes, I'm joking, sort of.  He got them the single point because they did not play well enough to win.

My point is people always overrate goalies just because the face high shots. They say things like if it wasn't for Anderson it would be 5-0. You could say that about any goalie. That's their job, to save the game and stop pucks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yes, I'm joking, sort of.  He got them the single point because they did not play well enough to win.

My point is people always overrate goalies just because the face high shots. They say things like if it wasn't for Anderson it would be 5-0. You could say that about any goalie. That's their job, to save the game and stop pucks.

Yes, agreed.

Came so close, though. If that pass from Stone to Karlsson with seconds left in OT is not in his skates that's a regulation win and they leapfrog over Florida into the first wildcard spot, 2 points back of Montreal, 1 back of Boston and tied in points with Detroit/Florida.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Didn't deserve even a point in that game, so glad to at least get that. I wanna rip into the team but I think the injuries are catching up. More importantly, I think fatigue has caught up. Since Dec 1st, sens have been playing a game every 2nd night, so max break in between has always just been a day. I think it was 12 games in 22 days. Lots of travel + injuries and I think you get what we saw last night.

Hopefully they rest up and bring their A-game for this sunday's matchup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Didn't deserve even a point in that game, so glad to at least get that.  I wanna rip into the team but I think the injuries are catching up.  More importantly, I think fatigue has caught up.  Since Dec 1st, sens have been playing a game every 2nd night, so max break in between has always just been a day.  I think it was 12 games in 22 days.  Lots of travel + injuries and I think you get what we saw last night.  

Hopefully they rest up and bring their A-game for this sunday's matchup.  

The East is really weird this year. You had Montreal and the Rangers tearing everyone a new one early on, then both of them tanked the last 15 or so games to the point that Washington is well ahead of the Rangers and the Habs are only 1 up on Boston but have played 3 games more. With the Habs it's been injuries -- Price and Gallagher. No idea what the heck happened to the Rangers.

Then there's Boston, we all expected them to continue getting worse and they did, at first. Then Rask started playing well and here they are, just 1 point back with 3 games in hand. But those 3 extra games in the second half means they'll be playing a more condensed schedule. Can Chara keep it up?

Tampa and Florida didn't start off too well but Florida has really come on strong of late, and with Tampa it's just a matter of time to get over injuries and cold streaks. Detroit has run both hot and cold, no idea which way they go in the new year.

And then there's Ottawa. Not as bad as the Leafs, Sabres and a few others, not as good as they need to be, though. They could well be passed by the Devils, Bolts, Flyers and end up in the dreaded 10-12 in the East -- no chance at the lottery and missing the playoffs by 3-4 points.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's scary cuz sabres and leafs are also improving. Can't take your foot off the gas at all.

I thought last friday's victory over the sharks was one of the best games they had played lately, certainly the best one in december. Alas, it wasn't the turning point I was hoping for as they collectively shat the bed in tampa (refs also helped) and then were completely outgunned last night.

At least their home record has improved. Gotta play well at home.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum