GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #39: Senators @ Blackhawks - 7:00 pm - Sunday, Jan 3 2016

+7
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #39: Senators @ Blackhawks - 7:00 pm - Sunday, Jan 3 2016

GAME DAY #39: Senators @ Blackhawks - 7:00 pm - Sunday, Jan 3 2016 Large GAME DAY #39: Senators @ Blackhawks - 7:00 pm - Sunday, Jan 3 2016 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #39: Senators @ Blackhawks - 7:00 pm - Sunday, Jan 3 2016 Large

The Senators begin the new year like they did at the start of 2015 -- out of a playoff spot with mounting injuries.  The losses of MacArthur and Michael combined with poor defensive play from anyone not name Erik have put the Senators at the bottom of the league in giving up shots on goal.  On too many nights Anderson's heroics have not been enough to counter the league's worst defense.  

Elsewhere in the East, the Panthers recent run (8 in a row and counting) has Florida atop the Atlantic, while the Leafs' improved play has them within five points of Ottawa, with a game in hand.

Joining the Sens in the recent slump are the Canadiens, who have earned just six points in their last ten games (the Senators have seven).  The recent return to action by Brendan Gallagher gave the team enough spark to humiliate the Bruins in the Winter Classic, but until Price returns this team is not out of the woods.

Similarly for the Sens, they have really missed MacArthur and Michalek, as Cameron appears to be allergic to playing rookies or players who aren't known for their defense.  While Prince has the fourth best points per sixty on the team, it's Smith getting top line minutes and Chiasson with the PP time. Similarly the team's leading goal scorer is not on the first PP unit.

Tonight the Sens face the reigning Champs for the second time this season. The first game ended in OT on Mike Hoffman's second goal of the game.  I'm sure the Blackhawks remember that game and will want a certain measure of revenge. It won't be easy and the first step would be to reduce the number of shots and scoring chances.

GO SENS GO!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

An easy W if there ever was one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

'W' for "whupping"?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The only team we care about (Eastern Conference standings) that didn't win last night was the Flyers. Detroit, Florida, Tampa, Jersey, Toronto and Pittsburgh all got 2 points.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.silversevensens.com/2016/1/3/10703302/shane-prince-unappreciated-while-over-performing

Prince is actually second on the team in EV points per sixty. Only Hoffman produces more offense at even strength (and I believe he is or was second in the league not too long ago). And given that Hoffman plays with Ryan/Zibanejad whereas Prince plays with Neil and whoever (Dziurzynski?) it really makes you wonder how Smith (zero EV points in 14 games) is on the top line and getting PP minutes.

Zero EV points in 14 games! Chiasson has not had an EV goal since last season. Yet he gets 2nd unit PP minutes. Gotta wonder the thinking process, here. It's like the old days of "The extra man is on the ice, and it's Chris Neil!"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Drouin has asked for a trade out of Tampa. His agent, Alan Walsh (who has apparently blocked me on twitter) has spilled the beans (I take it the request is not something new, this is just a new tactic).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Drouin has asked for a trade out of Tampa.  His agent, Alan Walsh (who has apparently blocked me on twitter) has spilled the beans (I take it the request is not something new, this is just a new tactic).

www.gmhockey.com/t6282p480-general-hockey-talk-injuries-signings-factoids-other-news-from-around-the-league

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:http://www.silversevensens.com/2016/1/3/10703302/shane-prince-unappreciated-while-over-performing

Prince  is actually second on the team in EV points per sixty.  Only Hoffman produces more offense at even strength (and I believe he is or was second in the league not too long ago).  And given that Hoffman plays with Ryan/Zibanejad whereas Prince plays with Neil and whoever (Dziurzynski?) it really makes you wonder how Smith (zero EV points in 14 games) is on the top line and getting PP minutes.  

Zero EV points in 14 games!  Chiasson has not had an EV goal since last season.  Yet he gets 2nd unit PP minutes.  Gotta wonder the thinking process, here.  It's like the old days of "The extra man is on the ice, and it's Chris Neil!"

Yes! I was saying this a week ago. I don't see why smith is still on that line. He was producing while on the fourth line benefiting from different opportunities but he's not really suited to be a scoring winger. I don't know what Cameron is thinking but it seems we can never have a coach that does not defy logic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not crazy about that goal. He was cheating to his left and tried looking around that way. If he had looked around the other way he would have at least seen the windup.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Where has all our offence gone?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Where has all our offence gone?

PP is killing the team right now.
Also, I think the team is trying to cut on the shots against so playing less risky which leads to less offensive opportunities.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Where has all our offence gone?

PP is killing the team right now.
Also, I think the team is trying to cut on the shots against so playing less risky which leads to less offensive opportunities.
Well 29 shots against Andy tonight might be down but we are gonna have to get shots through also. This is terrible

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Starting to dislike Cameron. Smith with Turris and Ryan is ridiculous. Hoffman not on PP 1 is ridiculous. Chiasson getting more than 6 or 7 minutes is stupid.

I was a fan, but that's quickly fading.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman has been garbage. I really hope we don't commit to him longterm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I was Cameron chiasson would have a seat and I'd try prince then Puempel there until I found what I wanted. What ridiculousness this Smith thing is and even more ridiculous this chiasson failure is. Diddle!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum