GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #39: Senators @ Blackhawks - 7:00 pm - Sunday, Jan 3 2016

+7
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, this can't really be pinned on Cameron. There's way too much panic going on in here. The team's in slump, it happens. Look at what Montreal's been going through.

I don't think Karlsson should keep playing 30+, but if anyone can handle it, he can.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:How is chiasson making  a lot of money? He's actually looked good ad a third liner over the last tow months imo. Using his size effectively

Effort is there, barely. Third liners are expected to contribute offensively. He's a staple on our PK and our PK is really, really bad. A guy like this, making more than league minimum, is making a lot of money for nothing. When things aren't going well offensively you are expected to contribute in other ways. For a big guy who plays a regular shift on the PK his shot blocks and hits are very low. He needs to crash the net, take extra whacks, do SOMETHING.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, this can't really be pinned on Cameron. There's way too much panic going on in here. The team's in  slump, it happens. Look at what Montreal's been going through.

I don't think Karlsson should keep playing 30+, but if anyone can handle it, he can.

The coach has to be better, just like the players. He doesn't and shouldn't get a free pass. There is no excuse in playing Smith (zero EV points in 15 games) on the top line. Using Boro as a forward was what, exactly? A smart coaching move or a sign of desperation? Or a feeble attempt to humiliate a player? I think Cameron lucked into some injuries (Smith, Neil, Phillips) and a hot goaltender last year and everyone thought it was his coaching. He's making the same boneheaded mistakes MacLean started making.

I'm beginning to think this could be Murray insisting on certain players being played.

Or something in the water at the CTC.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:What happens to these coaches?  What goes on in their brain?  I don't understand.  It's going to cost you your job dimwit!
Nothing happens to the coaches, look at the roster.  

Again, why not try to use a player who has some skill with the skilled players? I just don't get it. Smith excelled in his role as a third liner, why thrust him into a top line role? Prince has skill, give it a prolonged look.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prince hasn't warranted enough to become a 1st love winger. The fact is it doesn't really matter who plays. With turris and stone if they're on their game and healthy

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:How is chiasson making  a lot of money? He's actually looked good ad a third liner over the last tow months imo. Using his size effectively

Effort is there, barely.  Third liners are expected to contribute offensively.  He's a staple on our PK and our PK is really, really bad.  A guy like this, making more than league minimum, is making a lot of money for nothing.  When things aren't going well offensively you are expected to contribute in other ways.  For a big guy who plays a regular shift on the PK his shot blocks and hits are very low.  He needs to crash the net, take extra whacks, do SOMETHING.

Hits is not an important stat especially on the PK. You're expecting too much out of a guy who makes a million

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Prince hasn't warranted enough to become a 1st love winger. The fact is it doesn't really matter who plays. With turris and stone if they're on their game and healthy

See, that's where we disagree, I think it makes a load of difference. Especially on the third line where Pageau is being held back by glaringly average players on his wings. At least McCormick has a nice mix of grit and skill. I wish Puempel or dzingel was on his other side so something might actually happen from time to time there 5 on 5.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And who can say if prince can play top line? He's been tried there for what...6 shfts?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, this can't really be pinned on Cameron. There's way too much panic going on in here. The team's in  slump, it happens. Look at what Montreal's been going through.

The coach has to be better, just like the players.  He doesn't and shouldn't get a free pass.  There is no excuse in playing Smith (zero EV points in 15 games) on the top line.  Using Boro as a forward was what, exactly?  A smart coaching move or a sign of desperation?  Or a feeble attempt to humiliate a player?  I think Cameron lucked into some injuries (Smith, Neil, Phillips) and a hot goaltender last year and everyone thought it was his coaching.  He's making the same boneheaded mistakes MacLean started making.

I'm beginning to think this could be Murray insisting on certain players being played.

Or something in the water at the CTC.
Cameron using Boro as a forward and running Smith out with the first line should tell you he has no options. Pageau is a staple as the third line centre so his options are Neil, McCormick, Chiaisson, Lazar or Prince.

Prince wouldn't even be in Ottawa if Murray had the balls to send him to Bingo.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:What happens to these coaches?  What goes on in their brain?  I don't understand.  It's going to cost you your job dimwit!
Nothing happens to the coaches, look at the roster.  

Again, why not try to use a player who has some skill with the skilled players?  I just don't get it.  Smith excelled in his role as a third liner, why thrust him into a top line role?  Prince has skill, give it a prolonged look.  
Prince is a huge liability on the ice. He should be waived.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

This is all on Murray, you can't have Neil, Chiaisson, Cowen, Smith, Weircioch and Boro all on the roster. Zero quickness in that group.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:This is all on Murray, you can't have Neil, Chiaisson, Cowen, Smith, Weircioch and Boro all on the roster.  Zero quickness in that group.  

Chiasson, Smith and Neil are pretty quick.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

missed the game, but looking at the highlights, it didn't look like they got dominated like they usually do (got outshot 30-26). SOme good saves from crawford but it's clear we need people who can bury some chances (think chiasson and mccormick had some real closeup chances they didn't bury)

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:This is all on Murray, you can't have Neil, Chiaisson, Cowen, Smith, Weircioch and Boro all on the roster.  Zero quickness in that group.  

What????

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

What????

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I Cussing hate that Hoffman isn't on PP 1. Hate it. It's stupid.

I further hate that Smith is there on line 1 ES and someone like prince isnt. Diddle I'm still really annoyed.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:

You could literally put any forward prospect in chiassons place and you wouldn't miss a beat. No offence chiasson he'll be remembered as.  Useless.

I can't believe Chiasson is the best deal we could get for Spezza ... We'll see how Nick Paul turns out but man ...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Ev wrote:

What????

Chiasson is pretty quick IMO. Smith is a good skater as well. I legit don't see the issues there. Neil, whatever he's almost done anyway, but he can still get up and go.

Smith has been skating very well this seasno.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum