GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #39: Senators @ Blackhawks - 7:00 pm - Sunday, Jan 3 2016

+7
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:^ I don't really want to quote that big post, but how can Prince produce unless he's given a chance?  Playing with Neil on the 4th line isn't gonna get you anything.  He needs to be looked at long and hard with the top guys - or at the very least, he needs to take Chiasson's spot on the third line and give Pageau something to work with.

I watch each and every game - and I'll probably end up subjecting myself tonight and I don't really see any issue with Price personally.  Once in a while he's caught out of position, but he's working on it - and he's definitely got offensive instincts.

He's also plus six and Neil and scraps were negative earlier in the year. Smith is plus four in more games.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:Perhaps Puempel with his 11 goals in 22 games should get a look?  I mean...we need to see if the dude can do it, right?  He looked fantastic at the end of last year, but lost his spot because of Prince, now we need someone like him and he's buried in the minors?  I don't get it, I really don't.  And that makes me dislike Chiasson even more, even though there are guys called up since.
Keep him playing big minutes until in the A. No need to bring him up until a couple of bodies are gone.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Perhaps Puempel with his 11 goals in 22 games should get a look?  I mean...we need to see if the dude can do it, right?  He looked fantastic at the end of last year, but lost his spot because of Prince, now we need someone like him and he's buried in the minors?  I don't get it, I really don't.  And that makes me dislike Chiasson even more, even though there are guys called up since.
Keep him playing big minutes until in the A.   No need to bring him up until a couple of bodies are gone.

How many top six players need to be injured before he gets another chance though?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Puempel up and slide him with turris.
Trade lazar and a pick for drouin than move a D with a prospect and a pick for a top 4 D and we are rolling.

*sigh* back to reality.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Keep him playing big minutes until in the A.   No need to bring him up until a couple of bodies are gone.

How many top six players need to be injured before he gets another chance though?

Puempel has 1 goal in 11 NHL games this year. Notwithstanding the lack of production, I don't think he looked all that good either and got a lot more rope than I thought he would.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

Puempel has 1 goal in 11 NHL games this year. Notwithstanding the lack of production, I don't think he looked all that good either and got a lot more rope than I thought he would.
So i guess thats It for him. NHL dream over.

I think you get to a point where he can get Another shot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, that Freddy Claesson's looked pretty good so far. I know it's only a couple of games and he's out there with Karlsson, but I like what he's doing. Looks like he likes to hit, too, and has a bit of an edge.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree, he's looked good.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Claesson has looked good for years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Claesson has looked good for years.

We meant in the NHL.

For some reason the shine wore off him this year. He did not do much to impress anyone at camp and got sent back to Bingo without any fanfare. But I've liked what I've seen so far and so has Dave and Bryan. The only one still on the fence about him is Jared.

GAME DAY #39: Senators @ Blackhawks - 7:00 pm - Sunday, Jan 3 2016 - Page 6 Cowen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum