GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #36: Bruins @ Senators - 5:00 pm - Sunday, Dec 27 2015

+4
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:Cowen had a good game imo

Will disagree there.  Good moments but too many whiffs, he was the single cause of a few odd-man breaks for the Bruins.  

Sens looked like they were still in xmas mode.  Lucky to win but bruins were just bad at finishing and despite being outpaced and outzoned by the bruins, their shots weren't too dangerous either.
Sens have been in xmas mode since November. Outpaced AGAIN by a "tired" team. Disgraceful.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:Cowen had a good game imo

Will disagree there.  Good moments but too many whiffs, he was the single cause of a few odd-man breaks for the Bruins.  

Sens looked like they were still in xmas mode.  Lucky to win but bruins were just bad at finishing and despite being outpaced and outzoned by the bruins, their shots weren't too dangerous either.
Sens have been in xmas mode since November. Outpaced AGAIN by a "tired" team. Disgraceful.

I concur. The excuses don't ever end. I don't know what it is but this team needs to wake the Diddle up and find that extra gear already. Look quite slow and lethargic.

Last good game I remember them playing was against the sharks. Been fairly boring since then.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They may not be firing on all cylinders, but at least they're staying in the race. If they find a way to put things together in the next month or so then the division is ours.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:They may not be firing on all cylinders, but at least they're staying in the race.  If they find a way to put things together in the next month or so then the division is ours.

Yeah and hopefully we'll get Mac or at least michalek back soon.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Typical Ottawa victory. Nice work, Matrix !

That was a big W. Next!

He's been their most important player on a lot of nights. He gets very little media attention, but Anderson is a top goalie.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Injuries. improvement on The top 4D not Being addressed... All problems.

I understand there are very little trades of importance being made but I doubt it's impossible. If we upped the price we'd be willing to pay I'm sure we could make one happen. I don't advocate overpayment often but I think we are in a situation where it might be advantageous to do so. As long as it's not giving up core players.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Early in the season someone kept saying how this is a young tab and they will make mistakes and will be inconsistent. Since then they've lost two veteran players (Mac and Mich). Additionally, Cowen, Wiercioch and Ceci have not taken that "next step" and in a couple cases have actually taken a step back.

And yet they are 3 points out of first with two games in hand.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Early in the season someone kept saying how this is a young tab and they will make mistakes and will be inconsistent.  Since then they've lost two veteran players (Mac and Mich). Additionally, Cowen, Wiercioch and Ceci have not taken that "next step" and in a couple cases have actually taken a step back.

Well some of us look past the points and how they got the points. Too many looser points, too many games they were lucky to win. For a team to be really successful and that can maintain their success, they need to be able to rely on more than a few players to win games. Right now there are too many weak links in the chain.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Early in the season someone kept saying how this is a young tab and they will make mistakes and will be inconsistent.  Since then they've lost two veteran players (Mac and Mich). Additionally, Cowen, Wiercioch and Ceci have not taken that "next step" and in a couple cases have actually taken a step back.

Well some of us look past the points and how they got the points. Too many looser points, too many games they were lucky to win. For a team to be really successful and that can maintain their success, they need to be able to rely on more than a few players to win games. Right now there are too many weak links in the chain.

Detroit has 7 loser points, the Sens have 6. Flyers also have 7 but are 5 points back of Ottawa. Leafs also have 7 loser points.

So Ottawa doesn't have the most, not by a stretch; in fact, a team ahead of them in the standings has more (and no-one here would categorize the Red Wings as a loser team or being "lucky" to be in third). Having a lot of loser points still does not guarantee you a playoff spot -- you've got to get a few 2-point games, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum