GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Talk about a crazy season for Patrick Kane with 72 points so far after what many would call a rocky summer from him. Wonder what he ends with?

Community service?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Talk about a crazy season for Patrick Kane with 72 points so far after what many would call a rocky summer from him. Wonder what he ends with?

Community service?

Hah, seriously.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Terrible game for Toronto and Montreal. To be fair I only caught the 3rd but you can tell why those two have the record that they have.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Terrible game for Toronto and Montreal. To be fair I only caught the 3rd but you can tell why those two have the record that they have.

They won in a shootout? But it was 2-0. And almost 3-0.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Friedman is reporting the Lightning have offered Stamkos an 8 year deal at 8.5 per year. I think Stamkos is house shopping in TO this weekend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:Friedman is reporting the Lightning have offered Stamkos an 8 year deal at 8.5 per year.   I think Stamkos is house shopping in TO this weekend.  

With the dollar at 68 cents the cost of living offsets the taxes. And then some.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Meh. Thats just a Lowball so they can meet halfway. I'm not sure what he signs for but I bet he stays in Tampa. Lightning can't affoard to suffer an exodus. When it comes time to have some cap casualties I think it's bishop that gets traded. Vasilevskiy will take over.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He still might want to go house shopping in the GTA because of the low $$ and because Florida is a no-tax state (which means no state income tax but plenty of residential taxes). So rent a small apartment in Florida and buy a big house in Toronto.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:Hey Prags, Lecavalier just scored. Ahhhhh!

Laugh1

Wow!  Really?  Well that completely changes the situation.  Before I was looking at 2 goals in 5 games, how those are very small numbers and, you know, he may not keep this up.  But now  he's got 3 goals in 6 games and that's a completely different story now.  You're right!  He's averaging 1 goal a game for the last 2 games and he's got 36 games left.  And if he keeps this recent pace up he'll finish with 42 goals!  He's probably going to catch Kane and win the Richard.  And then he'll un-announce his retirement and the Caps will be happy as pigs in Dung because, how doesn't love a 40-goal man for $3M per!

Hmm, Vinnie scored again, yet I did not see another "Hey Prags" post. I wonder why?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs lose 5-2 to Columbus, the worst team I the league. Anyone know what that Subban unsportsmanlike was for right after he scored?

Edit: He shoved Dubinsky, not enough to be a minor, so must have also said something likely because Dubinsky said something first.
http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/945438

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laugh1

Wow!  Really?  Well that completely changes the situation.  Before I was looking at 2 goals in 5 games, how those are very small numbers and, you know, he may not keep this up.  But now  he's got 3 goals in 6 games and that's a completely different story now.  You're right!  He's averaging 1 goal a game for the last 2 games and he's got 36 games left.  And if he keeps this recent pace up he'll finish with 42 goals!  He's probably going to catch Kane and win the Richard.  And then he'll un-announce his retirement and the Caps will be happy as pigs in Dung because, how doesn't love a 40-goal man for $3M per!

Hmm, Vinnie scored again, yet I did not see another "Hey Prags" post.  I wonder why?

Pretty sure spader has other things on his mind.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laugh1

Hmm.

Edit: Better now?

Last edited by wprager on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laugh1

Hmm.

Thanks for re-posting the "Hey Prags" post entered by spader. So, again, in response to:

wprager wrote:Hmm, Vinnie scored again, yet I did not see another "Hey Prags" post. I wonder why?

Again, since you're *still* so butt-hurt over a little jab by spader, I will remind you that he probably has other things to deal with rather than post a follow-up.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So wideman says this wasn't intentional.....yeah right. suspend his arse

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Wow. Terrific account of the John Scott ordeal...from the man himself

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Wow.  Terrific account of the John Scott ordeal...from the man himself

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

Funny, I just came here to post that. It's great.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hard to believe the NHL tried to guilt him into not going to the All Star Game by asking him if his kids would be proud of him. What an embarassment.

The whole thing started as an online joke, but it spiralled into something awesome and the NHL should have embraced it. I will be tuning in specifically to watch John Scott in 3 on 3, whereas I otherwise likely wouldn't have watched at all.

It's sad how clueless the NHL tends to be about matters like this.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Man, that was a great article. I think everyone will try to set him up for a goal. F-U NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum