GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Wow.  Terrific account of the John Scott ordeal...from the man himself

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

Funny, I just came here to post that. It's great.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hard to believe the NHL tried to guilt him into not going to the All Star Game by asking him if his kids would be proud of him. What an embarassment.

The whole thing started as an online joke, but it spiralled into something awesome and the NHL should have embraced it. I will be tuning in specifically to watch John Scott in 3 on 3, whereas I otherwise likely wouldn't have watched at all.

It's sad how clueless the NHL tends to be about matters like this.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Man, that was a great article. I think everyone will try to set him up for a goal. F-U NHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Wow.  Terrific account of the John Scott ordeal...from the man himself

Funny, I just came here to post that.  It's great.
What an all star. Makes me want to actually watch the game. Imagine that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Funny, I just came here to post that.  It's great.
What an all star. Makes me want to actually watch the game. Imagine that.

I said that the way the NHL treated this guy was a douchebag move at the time and this piece supports my original position on the issue. All hail John Scott, All-Star!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the NHL was smart, it would embrace this sort of thing for the fan voting for the captains. It's brought life to an otherwise dreary affair that is routinely skipped by guys like Toews, Ovechkin, etc, that want nothing to do with it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:If the NHL was smart, it would embrace this sort of thing for the fan voting for the captains.  It's brought life to an otherwise dreary affair that is routinely skipped by guys like Toews, Ovechkin, etc, that want nothing to do with it.

They're smart at making money. Aaaaaand that's all I got.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You gotta hope that A he gets some actual playing time on the ice and B he actually scores a goal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:So wideman says this wasn't intentional.....yeah right.  suspend his arse

Needs an update but:

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Wideman will be suspended for sure. I think the minimum is 10 games for abuse of an official.

Such a weird thing to do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Wideman will be suspended for sure.  I think the minimum is 10 games for abuse of an official.  

Such a weird thing to do.

He should have said right away that he got dinged in the head (his head ping-ponged off the glass) and was disoriented and could not see well. They keep harping how if he was disoriented he should not have finished the game. Damn right! If the concussion spotters did their job he would have had the mandatory 10 minutes in the dark room. But the hit on the linesman and playing through concussion symptoms are separate issues. It's not like they've ever suspended a guy for saying "Nah, I'm fine, I'm FINE!".

All that aside, the video doesn't support what he is claiming.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tumbleweed

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's all star break for GMH posters too...but there's no shortage of discussion

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:It's all star break for GMH posters too...but there's no shortage of discussion

Yeah, there actually is a shortage of things to discuss from a Senators perspective. We've done the whole "what to do to make the team better" discussion to death.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:It's all star break for GMH posters too...but there's no shortage of discussion

Yeah, there actually is a shortage of things to discuss from a Senators perspective.  We've done the whole "what to do to make the team better" discussion to death.  

Meh, definitely from what makes the team better. But the whole lebreton discussion could go on for some time. Some government ppl suggesting that both bids be combined to get best of both worlds.

in the general hockey thread, there's plenty to discuss. Dennis Wideman, John Scott, the all-star celebrities that nobody can identify, drouin/stamkos and other trade bait....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, I'm going over to the Le Breton thread, then.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So all the John Scott stuff was pretty great at the ASG. I admit, I watched the entire thing, mainly because of him. As James Gordon on Twitter said, "What a nice moment that the NHL fell as backwards into."

I said all along that the NHL would've been smart to embrace this from the get-go. And they should keep the voting for the captains the exact same for future years, but they just won't be able to help themselves from f'ing things up. They had this fun story this year, and hated every second of it, to the point that they banished a guy to the AHL to try and shaft him.

Keep the fan voting...fans can try to sabotage other teams by voting on goons, fans can get behind a really great story, etc etc. It's great fan engagement, and they're going to yank it away.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

They'll keep the fan voting, but regardless of how good the john scott story was, that type of story won't happen again, even if another goon gets voted in, people won't get as behind him as they did with John Scott. It's best for NHL to tastefully take care to prevent a situation like this again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum