GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
I do agree, we don't need a maple leaf on our logos.  Plenty of Canadian teams around that do that.  I view the Oilers and Sens that are the only ones who don't try to announce to the world 'hey look here! we're canadians!  see how patriotic we are!'

That's why I'm even MORE for the roman legion/centurion stuff.  Just tweak it.  

Hey, you, with the stars-and-stripes in your avatar, go shag some pop-flies, and leave the hockey talk to us Canucks.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Here's an interesting one:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 27 Logo310

IF/when they move to Lebreton they will definitely look at incorporating the Peace Tower into a new logo.  Saying good-bye to the Palladium would also be a good time to say good bye to the centurion.

I officially hate that Jets-esque jersey. Garbage.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Arizona's looking to trade for a goalie, as Mike Smith is going to be out 8 to 10 weeks recovering from surgery on a "core muscle".

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Arizona's looking to trade for a goalie, as Mike Smith is going to be out 8 to 10 weeks recovering from surgery on a "core muscle".  

No interest in Khudobin, apparently, who cleared waivers.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:Yeah alternate jerseys becoming permanent would be good too, and to be honest I think that's the direction they'll like head down.  But they should keep the roman legionnaire somehow, it's been there since inception.  

Personally i. Ready to walk away from the whole legionnaire thing. I dont think the team shares my view though. I thought the prime minister mascots was a bad idea also. Just step away from the whole government town aspect. It's just freaking lame. It's got no guts.

Might as well not call them the senators...

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Not a fan of that Senators Ottawa logo on the bottom.

Hmm, I think it's ok.  Has the Peace Tower and the Maple Leaf.  Are you sure it's not the name on the jersey you're objecting to?

Anyhow, that's just a google image search.  When they move I strongly believe that that will be the time to retire the centurion and incorporate the Peace Tower into the logo, somehow.

Then all those parliament building flybys in the intermissions will actually make sense.
Why must it have reference to peace tower, or the mape leaf? Why must it be so  obsessed with those things. We dont all need to have a freaking maple leaf on ourjersey. Winnipeg just did it and i thought ut was a bad idea. Would we not find it ridiculous if hakf the teams south of the border incorporated the stars and stripes in their logo?

Can we just  have something hockey related?

I do agree, we don't need a maple leaf on our logos.  Plenty of Canadian teams around that do that.  I view the Oilers and Sens that are the only ones who don't try to announce to the world 'hey look here! we're canadians!  see how patriotic we are!'

That's why I'm even MORE for the roman legion/centurion stuff.  Just tweak it.  

I actually really wasnt that exciteted aboyt "the senators" name but could appreachiate the historical relevance and approve what they were doing with trying to have some sort of historical continuity.
So ok we are stuck with a name. Can we dehemphasize everything else about ottawa/ canada? Its enough to have that name. Honestly it might be a little too retro but i would of gone with what the heritage colours we have on the jersey without any logo. Old school like the first senators did. It's just a matter of time until we have advertisement replace that anyways. Let's just hope it's something not too ridiculous like the mcdonalds senators.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"dehemphasize"? Watch it, the new PM might kick you out of caucus.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:"dehemphasize"?  Watch it, the new PM might kick you out of caucus.

Naw. He's to busy having to work us out of the damage and inaction harper caused.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:"dehemphasize"?  Watch it, the new PM might kick you out of caucus.

Naw. He's to busy having to work us out of the damage and inaction harper caused.

Overheard at the new Weed R Us: "Would you like to Superhempa-Size that, Sir?"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Huge trade ssf! Montreal and Arizona have traded some dude for some dude!!

More to come ...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Huge trade ssf!  Montreal and Arizona have traded some dude for some dude!!

More to come ...

Huge what?

Interesting that Christian Thomas, who looked to be a decent player, got scratched then dealt after this:

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2015/12/07/nathan-beaulieu-parties-the-night-away-to-celebrat/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would do it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Huge trade ssf!  Montreal and Arizona have traded some dude for some dude!!

More to come ...

Huge what?

Interesting that Christian Thomas, who looked to be a decent player, got scratched then dealt after this:

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2015/12/07/nathan-beaulieu-parties-the-night-away-to-celebrat/
What do you mean. Two player getting drunk with a day off the next day? Nonsense.

This is a non-issue.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

More to come ...

Huge what?

What do you mean. Two player getting drunk with a day off the next day? Nonsense.

This is a non-issue.

Tell that to "Bergie."

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

More to come ...

Huge what?

This is a non-issue.

Tell that to "Bergie."
I doubt that was the reason for such a move. If it is then there is much more to the story than what we are seeing in a video. But that video and when it was taken is far from being an issue.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It was discussed on TSN690, for sure it was an issue.

By the way, Kassian comes out of rehab and is immediately waived. Remember, this is the same organization which discouraged the triple-low-five post-game celebrations.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It was discussed on TSN690, for sure it was an issue.  

By the way, Kassian comes out of rehab and is immediately waived.  Remember, this is the same organization which discouraged the triple-low-five post-game celebrations.

Really? That's your litmus test? Vertigo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:It was discussed on TSN690, for sure it was an issue.  

By the way, Kassian comes out of rehab and is immediately waived.  Remember, this is the same organization which discouraged the triple-low-five post-game celebrations.

Really? That's your litmus test? Vertigo

They had former players on the panel.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bottom line is if he played well the next game, it would not be a big problem. But the fact that the video came out *and* he didn't exactly play well, makes it a problem. We live in a different age, the advice was to party in your own home and have a smart policy about smartphones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum