GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, 4th rounder is OK for Toronto in that deal. Matthias was a free signing anyway, I think

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, Pittsburgh won (Lehner lit up for 4 goals) and the Wings got a loser point. Tampa won but at least it was in regulation (over the Canes). Ottawa 6 points out of a playoff spot; 8 points out of 3rd in the Division. It's like running on a treadmill.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, 4th rounder is OK for Toronto in that deal.  Matthias was a free signing anyway, I think  

Ya, he was signed in FA. I liked the signing at the time. I thought he'd be ok for the Leafs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, 4th rounder is OK for Toronto in that deal.  Matthias was a free signing anyway, I think  

Ya, he was signed in FA. I liked the signing at the time. I thought he'd be ok for the Leafs.
Meh. I think this is a guy that everyone thought would be traded at the deadline. But leafs fans were hoping for better returns. What are the chances they pick someone good with a fourth. Hope it's lost on them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs host the Predators tonight. Preds lit them up 5-1 first time they met, back just before Christmas. Therrien is clearly on the ropes. He's gone full-Paddock saying his rotation is now "win and you're in". This is eerily reminiscent of that 15-2 start the Sens had, isn't it. The only difference is that Bergevin has given Therrien his vote of confidence (which, surprisingly, most analysts think is true -- that Therrien's jobs is safe) while Murray only said "Winning makes everything safe" when asked if Paddock's job was safe.

Preds aren't exactly rolling along, but if they beat the Habs at Bell Center, is Therrien going to survive? After the Preds game they travel to Washington then come back to host the Leafs next HNIC. After that they go on their West Coast tour. I don't think Therrien survives beyond that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doug Wilson is a fool. 2 2nds for polak and spaling? OK then

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Doug Wilson is a fool.  2 2nds for polak and spaling?  OK then

Didn't he also clear cap space by "moving" Torres?

Anyhow, does this make anyone hope we could get a 2nd for Wiercioch?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt that, at least Polak is decent. Torres won't even move, he'll stay in sj ahl team

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Doug Wilson is a fool.  2 2nds for polak and spaling?  OK then

A 2nd in a future draft or a 3rd in this one would be my guess.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Replacing that 2017 2nd would be nice. Maybe we can have both! Replace the missing 3rd this year and the 2nd next year.

Make it happen, and so on.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Replacing that 2017 2nd would be nice. Maybe we can have both! Replace the missing 3rd this year and the 2nd next year.

that's a lot of hopes and dreams waiting to be crushed if we think patty will get us that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll say a 4th rounder for Patty because of his enormous...qualifying offer this summer of 2.9 million.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I'll say a 4th rounder for Patty because of his enormous...qualifying offer this summer of 2.9 million.
He could and maybe should be viewed as a rental.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:I'll say a 4th rounder for Patty because of his enormous...qualifying offer this summer of 2.9 million.

PW is making $2.7M this year (on an AAV of $2M):

QUALIFYING OFFERS

How will qualifying offers work?

Players earning $660,000 or less will be entitled to qualifying offers (QO) at 110% of their prior year's salary; players earning more than $660,000 and up to $1 million will be entitled to QOs at 105% of prior year's salary; players earning more than $1 million will be entitled to QO at 100% of their prior year's salary.

So according to this the QO must be $2.7M.  I know, it's still high.  Even if the QO was based on AAV (which it should be) it would still be a little high at $2M.

I forgot about  qualifying offers.  GMs should keep a note *not* to back-end load contracts if the player is still RFA at the end of the term.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds reasonable. The thing is, who wants Patty W? Gotta be someone desperate for some D depth....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Sounds reasonable. The thing is, who wants Patty W?  Gotta be someone desperate for some D depth....

Perhaps a team that thinks he can be of value going forward? I'm really not sure.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

that's a lot of hopes and dreams waiting to be crushed if we think patty will get us that.

Oh, no. I don't think he'd get that. I just want the Sens to get those picks back somehow. I think he could be worth a second, but we'll see what he gets (if they ever end up moving him).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Sounds reasonable. The thing is, who wants Patty W?  Gotta be someone desperate for some D depth....

Perhaps a team that thinks he can be of value going forward?  I'm really not sure.

I've said in the past to try him as a forward Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum