GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Round Leaf on waivers. Headed back to Hockey Country?!?!?!??!???!!!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Habs win in a shootout. Lynch mob puts some of their torches out, but most of them are still camping outside of Therrien's house. A few have gone over to Bergevin's, since he came out in defense of his coach.

Looting will be suspended for the time being.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So, Montreal is back atop the Division standings but they play Florida tomorrow. After losing six in a row what are the chances they win back to back games?

Detroit lost in regulation so they are still just one point up on Ottawa. A win tomorrow would vault the Sens over the Bruins and Red Wings. A regulation loss by Florida and the Sens would pass them as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is the goal that tied it up with under 6 to go. Wiese puts it in as Bishop makes the "save" a couple inches inside the goal line.  Was initially called off and reviewed at the next break.  But I'm not sure why Tampa didn't complain about the goalie interference.  Wiese skates out from behind the net into the crease, and elbows Bishop in the head on the way by.  I realize there is no "crease violation" rule in the NHL but you shouldn't be allowed to skate through the crease and bump into the goalie if the puck is still behind the net.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Kassian to the Oilers (or at least their farm team) for Scrivens, who was buried in the minors.  Oilers retain 24% of his salary.  

A little surprising since no one ever makes trades.

Once again, scrub for scub.  Perhaps sometime there'll be a meaningful trade?

More to come...

Scrub for scub? What does that mean? Was there some sort of transaction or exchange?

My sources say no. There couldn't have been. That sort of thing is impossible these days. Nod

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Round Leaf on waivers. Headed back to Hockey Country?!?!?!??!???!!!

Cleared.

Sam Gagner now on waivers.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ScoGo also waived.

more to come

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Given the injuries, the Sens aren't doing too badly:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 35 CW8ZH-cW8AA0aui

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Winter Clasic was a pretty big dud. Boston didn't show up at all. Anyway, it provided a nice backdrop for my afternoon hangover nap.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cam Fowler out 4-6 weeks.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Drouin asked for a trade out of Tampa. His agent, weasely Alan Walsh, went public with this.

Posting here because Walter is da man!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Drouin asked for a trade out of Tampa. His agent, weasely Alan Walsh, went public with this.

That's an interesting player to look at. Hasn't arrived yet so the cost won't be ridiculous. Still, I wonder what would it cost us?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Drouin asked for a trade out of Tampa. His agent, weasely Alan Walsh, went public with this.

That's an interesting player to look at. Hasn't arrived yet so the cost won't be ridiculous. Still, I wonder what would it cost us?

I'm not sure Murray will be interested, as there's apparently some character issues.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Turris had the same issues so I would say Marya would be interested if they like his skills

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ya, like ev said. It seems like it's about playing time like turris. He plays LW which would be quite an upgrade on z smith.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Ya, like ev said. It seems like it's about playing time like turris. He plays LW which would be quite an upgrade on z smith.

Cowen and a 2nd?
Cowen + Lazar ?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen untradeable? How about Lecavalier AND Luke Schenn.

But nobody makes trades anymore, right? Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Ya, like ev said. It seems like it's about playing time like turris. He plays LW which would be quite an upgrade on z smith.

Cowen and a 2nd?  
Cowen + Lazar ?

Well... I doubt the price would be that low. I'm thinking yes with lazar but if you add Cowen you might have to add a pick low end 2nd rounder. But they'd ask for a first for sure.

I read somewhere today that they would much rather trade him out west. And not at all within the division. Unless it's by far the best deal on the table.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum