GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Walter, be quiet and make a GDT.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gallagher with a fractured hand. it's about freaking time they start seeing some more injuries.
wonder if price will re-injure himself.
the habs started pretty hot, i'm hoping they can cool off so that we can overtake them before the end of the year.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Gallagher blocked a Johnny Boychuk shot with his hand. Broke two fingers and requires surgery. Gone six weeks. Don Cherry keeps showing the proper shot-blocking technique, but kids today ...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 5m5 minutes ago
Dreger: Ryan Johansen "softly in play, is how I'm going to describe it." #CBJ aren't shopping. Teams calling, and rather than getting... 1/2

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 5m5 minutes ago
Dreger: ...dismissed immediately, sense I'm getting from managers is Jarmo Kekalainen is asking what they're willing to part w/. #CBJ 2/2

Uh...me too please!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Johansen is really good and all, but we don't really need him. That said, if we're trading ZBad+ or something for an upgrade at the #2C postion, then I'd be interested. But if we're giving up a bunch, I'd rather do it for a good defenceman.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that's where our focus needs to be.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess if you're Murray, you're obliged to inquire. So you say something like "I'd give you ZBad and a 2nd, or ZBad and Wiercioch, or ZBad and Cowen" and see where it takes you.

I imagine Columbus would be way more happy to receive quality NHL youngsters (like ZBad) back rather than just prospects/picks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's a lot more than ZBad and a 2nd for RJ.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I think it's a lot more than ZBad and a 2nd for RJ.

Well, yeah, in which case we shouldn't bother.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I guess if you're Murray, you're obliged to inquire.  So you say something like "I'd give you ZBad and a 2nd, or ZBad and Wiercioch, or ZBad and Cowen" and see where it takes you.

I imagine Columbus would be way more happy to receive quality NHL youngsters (like ZBad) back rather than just prospects/picks.

I think you start off with the basics.  Roster player + prospect + pick.  Sounds like roster player will have to be Zbad. I don't know what prospect you give up but clearly it would be one of colin white or thomas chabot (if I'm columbus).  I doubt you get much traction with a wikstrand, englund, puempel, or prince.  And the pick will likely be a 2nd or 1st, depending on the prospect. That will likely get a deal done, but I doubt any of us would be too happy with it.

Cowen is starting to play better.....this might be the time to deal him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I guess if you're Murray, you're obliged to inquire.  So you say something like "I'd give you ZBad and a 2nd, or ZBad and Wiercioch, or ZBad and Cowen" and see where it takes you.

I think you start off with the basics.  Roster player + prospect + pick.  Sounds like roster player will have to be Zbad. I don't know what prospect you give up but clearly it would be one of colin white or thomas chabot (if I'm columbus).  I doubt you get much traction with a wikstrand, englund, puempel, or prince.  And the pick will likely be a 2nd or 1st, depending on the prospect.  That will likely get a deal done, but I doubt any of us would be too happy with it.  

Cowen is starting to play better.....this might be the time to deal him.

The truth is no one knows how this deal would end up. And you might feel like you gave up a lot but some players, while valuable, become expendable because of who you're getting back.

Anyway, you offer as little as possible, negotiate from there and if it gets too rich, walk away. No big deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:I think it's a lot more than ZBad and a 2nd for RJ.

Then let's wait till he's been in Fonzie's doghouse a little while longer.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Johansen is really good and all, but we don't really need him. That said, if we're trading ZBad+ or something for an upgrade at the #2C postion, then I'd be interested.  But if we're giving up a bunch, I'd rather do it for a good defenceman.

Ceci, Zib, Puempel, 1st

RyJo, Savard

Savard immediately becomes the #3 we're looking for locking down the right side of the second pairing. RyJo plays 1st or 2nd line and our 1-2 punch is the envy of the league.

Boom. Roasted.

EDIT: Considering that RyJo could likely snag a package like Ceci+Pumps+1st on his own, I reserve the right to add to my package. Savard is real good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Price out with an injury, Condon to start the third period.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Price out with an injury, Condon to start the third period.

Woohoo!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Johansen is really good and all, but we don't really need him. That said, if we're trading ZBad+ or something for an upgrade at the #2C postion, then I'd be interested.  But if we're giving up a bunch, I'd rather do it for a good defenceman.

Ceci, Zib, Puempel, 1st

RyJo, Savard

Savard immediately becomes the #3 we're looking for locking down the right side of the second pairing. RyJo plays 1st or 2nd line and our 1-2 punch is the envy of the league.

Boom. Roasted.

EDIT: Considering that RyJo could likely snag a package like Ceci+Pumps+1st on his own, I reserve the right to add to my package. Savard is real good.

Why bother swapping Ceci for savard?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Ceci, Zib, Puempel, 1st

RyJo, Savard

Boom. Roasted.

Why bother swapping Ceci for savard?

I really like Savard. Shrug

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Price out with an injury, Condon to start the third period.

Woohoo!

They still beat the Rangers 5-1. It was supposed to be a tight game between two of the best clubs in the league. With Ottawa taking care of business in Dallas and this, last night, The Habs now have sole possession of the Presidents Choice Trophy if it were to be handed out today.

Meanwhile the Sens are on a little thing called a winning streak. 4 in a row gets them a nice little 3 day-vacay in Arizona.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum