GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ET voice: Elliott...

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:14 minors handed out in the second. Habs had 5 powerplays (7 in total on the game so far); Blues have had *one*.  

Early dividends for the John Scott favour to the NHL.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:14 minors handed out in the second. Habs had 5 powerplays (7 in total on the game so far); Blues have had *one*.  

Early dividends for the John Scott favour to the NHL.

Me and my buddies were joking about that as we watched it.

Really, shouldn't the NHL just give Scott a special pass and let him go to the ASG anyway? That'll avoid all the scrutiny and negative press they're getting, plus make them look like they care about what their fans think.

Anyway, Habs and Leafs lose, Sens win, all is right in the universe today.

Plus that football game last night was insane.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's the way the Leafs lost, though. An unassisted goal with 47 seconds left in regulation. And it wasn't so much a giveaway, either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston 3rd in the Atlantic with 51 points, Philly at 46. A total of 9 teams within 5 points. Insane. And then Washington loses to Buffalo. Anyone else thinking they may have peaked a little too early? They can't sustain that level of winning for 100 games, can they? Shouldn't have any problems in the first round, but after that, who knows.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oilers. Talbot. 3 yr extension. About $4.2M per. That's the same as Anderson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Oilers. Talbot. 3 yr extension. About $4.2M per. That's the same as Anderson.

He's younger, so there's that. But we always knew we had a pretty good deal with Anderson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If there's one thing Murray can do, it's resigning guys to good contracts. Errr...except for Greening. And Cowen I guess, although that looked OK at the time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Steve Downie on waivers. I'd pick him up in a heartbeat

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Steve Downie on waivers. I'd pick him up in a heartbeat

Tough break for The Downer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:If there's one thing Murray can do, it's resigning guys to good contracts. Errr...except for Greening.  And Cowen I guess, although that looked OK at the time.

And Michalek. And Phillips. And, some would argue, Smith.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Umm, so, yesterday's game features Turris/Lazar/Smith on the first PP unit. Although Turris has struggled mightily, he's still our top center and winning a faceoff is important. I do not understand why Smith is out there, though. He belongs on the 4th line, which typically has no business being on the PP unless it's a blowout.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would trade Cowen for Bickell.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I would trade Cowen for Bickell.

Chicago would have to retain IMO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

They would never do that, considering Cowens salary is slightly higher. If anything, when we deal him, we should retain salary to sweeten the pot. One of our "assets" is our cap space. But that's only an asset if we use it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

They would never do that, considering Cowens salary is slightly higher. If anything, when we deal him, we should retain salary to sweeten the pot. One of our "assets" is our cap space. But that's only an asset if we use it.

Cowen is apparently a cheap buyout so under the right circumstances a team could "try before they buy" and send us a useful player they might want to dump for cap reasons. We'll see but all hope is not lost with respect to trading "Cows" Cowen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was about to say that -- the BlackHawks could buy him out for less than it would take to buy out Bickell. I just don't see where we could use Bickell. He's not -- I repeat, NOT -- a top-six player, regardless of whether he used to be one in the past or not.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Speaking of the Blackhawks, they did us a solid by beating Montreal in regulation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum