GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:wut

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/former-nhl-player-ian-white-charged-with-weapons-offences-police-1.398044

Tough break for Whitey.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Friedman suggests a 3-way deal might be the only way Hamonic gets a quick trade. I suggest Ceci to the isles, harmonic to Edmonton and a top 6 forward to Ottawa. Thank you.

FRIEDMAN???

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:Moot point since he wants to go to western canada.  That said, sens should kick the tires to see if they can make it a 3 way deal (don't see too many of those anymore).  

Well said, Michallica.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ceci isnt moved out unless you can replace him on the right side.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Friedman suggests a 3-way deal might be the only way Hamonic gets a quick trade. I suggest Ceci to the isles, harmonic to Edmonton and a top 6 forward to Ottawa. Thank you.

FRIEDMAN???

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:Moot point since he wants to go to western canada.  That said, sens should kick the tires to see if they can make it a 3 way deal (don't see too many of those anymore).  

Well said, Michallica.

Indeede. My bade.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Ceci isnt moved out unless you can replace him on the right side.

Again, Wideman and Kostka are as good or better so no worries.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Ceci isnt moved out unless you can replace him on the right side.

I know your hate on for ceci but i disagree. I think Ceci is a decent number 4 guy and will only get better with age. Wideman is alright hut could he actually become a more reliable second pairing guy is unknown at the moment. Big ? On what Kostka can actually do.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ceci is logging big minutes and is steady defensively. The only thing missing is offense now - and that may or may not come with Karlsson doing the full 2 minutes on PP.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Ceci is logging big minutes and is steady defensively. The only thing missing is offense now - and that may or may not come with Karlsson doing the full 2 minutes on PP.
His defensive game is prone to a few mistakes. I think the problem is that hes casted into a number 3 spot which at this point hes more of a complementary 4. A number 3 guy would be what we need. A volchekov type of player when he was in his prime. Rock solid that could protect the rear and throw some solid hits at anyone who got cocky.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I know your hate on for ceci but i disagree. I think Ceci is a decent number 4 guy and will only get better with age. Wideman is alright hut could he actually become a more reliable second pairing guy is unknown at the moment. Big ? On what Kostka can actually do.

I don't hate Ceci at all. I think he was rushed into the league and isn't a legit Top 4 NHL D-Man. Pretty straightforward. And I think he may have already plateaued. I'll wait for you all to agree with me when I'm right, yet again.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 852933671

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

but he's from ottawa! born and raised, grew up cheering for the sens and his favorite player growing up was one daniel alfredsson. You want to trade THAT one guy we finally got in our system???

I'm quasi-sarcastic. Writing that out actually made me realize how neat it really is to have ceci on the team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I don't hate Ceci at all. I think he was rushed into the league and isn't a legit Top 4 NHL D-Man. Pretty straightforward. And I think he may have already plateaued. I'll wait for you all to agree with me when I'm right, yet again.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 852933671

He's 21 years old, what do you mean he's plateaued? Laugh1 I hope to Dung he hasn't plateaued, let's put it that way.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He's 21 years old, what do you mean he's plateaued? Laugh1  I hope to Dung he hasn't plateaued, let's put it that way.
21 year old dman at that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Ceci is logging big minutes and is steady defensively. The only thing missing is offense now - and that may or may not come with Karlsson doing the full 2 minutes on PP.

Stats tell a different story, though. He is -4, which is second worst (Wiercioch is -5) and he sits at the very bottom in shot attempt differential at even strength (-88, meaning the opposition has 88 more shot attempts at our net while he's on, than we have shot attempts at theirs). Wiercioch is at -25, by comparison. Karlsson is at +9 and is the only one one the team (among D-men) who is positive.

Overall, without looking at stats of any sort, I thought Ceci has not been as good this season as he was last. I didn't think his play had dropped off a lot, but he certainly had not progressed as hoped. Bu the stats (not the ones I cited but other ones I'd read about) show that there actually has been a non-trivial drop off in his level of play.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Stats tell a different story, though.  He is -4, which is second worst (Wiercioch is -5) and he sits at the very bottom in shot attempt differential at even strength (-88, meaning the opposition has 88 more shot attempts at our net while he's on, than we have shot attempts at theirs).  Wiercioch is at -25, by comparison.  Karlsson is at +9 and is the only one one the team (among D-men) who is positive.  

Overall, without looking at stats of any sort, I thought Ceci has not been as good this season as he was last.  I didn't think his play had dropped off a lot, but he certainly had not progressed as hoped.  Bu the stats (not the ones I cited but other ones I'd read about) show that there actually has been a non-trivial drop off in his level of play.

Sophomore slump?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not a sophomore.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Walter, be quiet and make a GDT.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gallagher with a fractured hand. it's about freaking time they start seeing some more injuries.
wonder if price will re-injure himself.
the habs started pretty hot, i'm hoping they can cool off so that we can overtake them before the end of the year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gallagher blocked a Johnny Boychuk shot with his hand. Broke two fingers and requires surgery. Gone six weeks. Don Cherry keeps showing the proper shot-blocking technique, but kids today ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum