GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #13: Jets @ Sens - 7:30pm EST - Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015

+5
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I don't know why you guys are saying it wasn't that great of a game

The only person that said that is W.P. Rager, for the record.

The Sens had a 2-0 lead on a team that played the night before and endured a 4 hours bus ride after their game.  They should have piled it on in the third and run up the score, as opposed to winning in the shootout.  The Jets had 21 shots on goal in the last 25 minutes.  7 shots on goal in OT!  The Sens were damn close to losing this game.

Yes but they still played a much better game as a team than we have in the passed. The jets are pretty lights out these days doesn't mean that it makes us a worse team. Sure the game wasn't perfect but I saw a huge difference than before. Had we had played like before it would of been a loss earlier on.
There are major improvements. Most notably from Zib.

And Ryan.
Well ryan didn't have his coming out party last night, he had been a lot better do a few games. Last night was by a mile zibs best game of the season.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I for one can't wait to face the lowly hurricanes! Should be interesting to say the least!!!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:If you think Karlsson made a mistake on the Buff goal then you may need to watch it over again.  That was all on Mika.  

Sorry, you're right, that was an ill-conceived pass, but Karlsson was gambling, for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:There's zero point arguing/debating/whatever with W.P. Rager.  He's dead-set on focussing on the negatives and placing blame where it doesn't belong.

I certainly agree that our D needs to be better, but I think we've been saying this for years.  We're a young team and are just going to be inconsistent, and that's that.  Hopefully, we eventually make a move or two to bolster the young lineup, but there's no rush on that front since the team is collecting points.

Well that's a stinking pile of bullsh*t right there. I pointed out who played well (Andy, Ryan, Zibanejad, etc.) but being outshot in the third period and OT by a team that was playing its second game in two nights is troubling. It's no secret that the Sens are struggling at home and it has nothing to do with talent. They simply don't seem to bring the same level of urgency to their play. No idea why, but it is troubling.

It's great that we got a W but with a 2-0 lead on a tired team we should have run away with it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I for one can't wait to face the lowly hurricanes! Should be interesting to say the least!!!

I'm truly starting to hate that team. Please, please can we beat them? I can't remember last time we won in Raleigh but I remember oh so many losses. The one that hurt the most was when they played after attending Daron's funeral and Eric Staal celebrated after a goal like he had just won the Cup.

I don't know what it is about that place, but they play some of their worst hockey there. It's bound to change, though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I for one can't wait to face the lowly hurricanes! Should be interesting to say the least!!!

I'm truly starting to hate that team.  Please, please can we beat them?  I can't remember last time we won in Raleigh but I remember oh so many losses.  The one that hurt the most was when they played after attending Daron's funeral and Eric Staal celebrated after a goal like he had just won the Cup.  

I don't know what it is about that place, but they play some of their worst hockey there.  It's bound to change, though.  
You mean the last time we were there?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'm truly starting to hate that team.  Please, please can we beat them?  I can't remember last time we won in Raleigh but I remember oh so many losses.  The one that hurt the most was when they played after attending Daron's funeral and Eric Staal celebrated after a goal like he had just won the Cup.  

I don't know what it is about that place, but they play some of their worst hockey there.  It's bound to change, though.  

No, I meant before that. Exclude the magical mystery comeback tour.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is the one I hated:
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2010020261

Staal had a hattrick plus 2 assists and the Sens were blown out 7-1. Knowing what the team had just gone through that assh*le could have at least not celebrated like an idiot.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There's zero point arguing/debating/whatever with W.P. Rager.  He's dead-set on focussing on the negatives and placing blame where it doesn't belong.

I certainly agree that our D needs to be better, but I think we've been saying this for years.  We're a young team and are just going to be inconsistent, and that's that.  Hopefully, we eventually make a move or two to bolster the young lineup, but there's no rush on that front since the team is collecting points.

Well that's a stinking pile of bullsh*t right there.  I pointed out who played well (Andy, Ryan, Zibanejad, etc.) but being outshot in the third period and OT by a team that was playing its second game in two nights is troubling.  It's no secret that the Sens are struggling at home and it has nothing to do with talent.  They simply don't seem to bring the same level of urgency to their play.  No idea why, but it is troubling.

It's great that we got a W but with a 2-0 lead on a tired team we should have run away with it.  

I know why - our fans are crap and the building is dead most nights.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Well that's a stinking pile of bullsh*t right there.  I pointed out who played well (Andy, Ryan, Zibanejad, etc.) but being outshot in the third period and OT by a team that was playing its second game in two nights is troubling.  It's no secret that the Sens are struggling at home and it has nothing to do with talent.  They simply don't seem to bring the same level of urgency to their play.  No idea why, but it is troubling.

So why does it not affect the other team?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

they're on the road?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

No, I meant before that.  Exclude the magical mystery comeback tour.
Conveniently to prove your point.

The GMhockey Walter fallacy

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

I somewhat agree. Our fans are pretty silent and don't show much encouragement. It's probably because it comprises of families that are just too busy looking after their kids and people showing too much restraint.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Home or away, win or lose, those Carolina games always seems painful to watch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Our stadium has become a tomb...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Our stadium has become a tomb...

The young and hungry strategy has left the fans starving for a contender.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

they're on the road?

So why dos the rowdy crowd an away games affect the Sens positively but our quiet crowds don't affect visiting teams negatively?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

No, I meant before that.  Exclude the magical mystery comeback tour.
Conveniently to prove your point.  

The GMhockey Walter fallacy

Hey, I do my best. Point is the Sens have stunk in Raleigh. Over the last 5 or 6 years they've won twice -- once in a shootout and once in OT. And Carolina has had some terrible teams over these years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum