GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #13: Jets @ Sens - 7:30pm EST - Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015

+5
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Cameron wants a net drive/presence at all times so Turris and Hoffman have more room.  Pageau could do that, but not as well as Lazar, Chiasson or Stone can.  Or maybe he could...I'd love to find out personally

JGP can definitely produce a better net drive and net presence than Lazar has demonstrated. Gotta disagree there.

I dunno...Lazar knows his role on that line and gets to the net with authority. Pageau is fantastic, but he's a little small to be as effective. Pageau is better at everything else though right now.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How good has Hoffman turned out to be? Just awesome to watch that kid display speed and skill

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, Michael Hoffman is a quality ice hockey player.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't know why you guys are saying it wasn't that great of a game, sure we dropped the ball a bit in the third but all and all this was probably one of the less disjointed effort we put together. You could really see the team coming together and completing plays as opposed to constantly being broken by the opposition. This is a good Winnipeg team we faced, I'm very happy with the result. Bobby Ray showed up in a big way and Zib finally played the type of game we need him to play.
A much better effort.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I don't know why you guys are saying it wasn't that great of a game

The only person that said that is W.P. Rager, for the record.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ryan and Zibanejad actually look pretty good when we don't face a trap team. They suck on cycles but are awesome in transition.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I don't know why you guys are saying it wasn't that great of a game

The Sens had a 2-0 lead on a team that played the night before and endured a 4 hours bus ride after their game. They should have piled it on in the third and run up the score, as opposed to winning in the shootout. The Jets had 21 shots on goal in the last 25 minutes. 7 shots on goal in OT! The Sens were damn close to losing this game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

The Sens had a 2-0 lead on a team that played the night before and endured a 4 hours bus ride after their game.  They should have piled it on in the third and run up the score, as opposed to winning in the shootout.  The Jets had 21 shots on goal in the last 25 minutes.  7 shots on goal in OT!  The Sens were damn close to losing this game.

Again, no point in arguing with you. We got 2 points.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

The Sens had a 2-0 lead on a team that played the night before and endured a 4 hours bus ride after their game.  They should have piled it on in the third and run up the score, as opposed to winning in the shootout.  The Jets had 21 shots on goal in the last 25 minutes.  7 shots on goal in OT!  The Sens were damn close to losing this game.

Yes but they still played a much better game as a team than we have in the passed. The jets are pretty lights out these days doesn't mean that it makes us a worse team. Sure the game wasn't perfect but I saw a huge difference than before. Had we had played like before it would of been a loss earlier on.
There are major improvements. Most notably from Zib.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Jets were blown out by Montreal and were tied 2-2 with the woeful Leafs until about 2 minutes to go in the game. So, while they play in the toughest Division (arguably) in hockey they have not been all that great on this Eastern swing.

I agree that we got 2 points and that's huge. I agree that Andy has had 2 strong games in a row. I agree that Ryan and Zibanejad were great last night and that's a huge thing for this team.

The D is still weak. Cowen did not have his best game. Weircioch was soft and slow, again. Karlsson made some bad mistakes (one resulted in Buff's goal). I like the way Ceci has been playing recently, and I don't have anything negative to say about Methot (other than he needs a haircut) -- great hip check last night. But the rest of the D need to improve.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

If you think Karlsson made a mistake on the Buff goal then you may need to watch it over again. That was all on Mika.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No one is saying the team is playing perfect or else our record would show very differently.
Wier is an enigma at this point. Too many ups and downs. Seems like a player that has to feel lots of confidence to get going. Don't know if that's what we need on this team. If we could address that problem with another economy pairing left D then we could be better. Don't know if BM can see that though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Baby steps. Last night was good, but there's still a lot to work on. Jets are a quality team though and we matched them step for step.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yes but they still played a much better game as a team than we have in the passed. The jets are pretty lights out these days doesn't mean that it makes us a worse team. Sure the game wasn't perfect but I saw a huge difference than before. Had we had played like before it would of been a loss earlier on.

And Ryan.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's zero point arguing/debating/whatever with W.P. Rager. He's dead-set on focussing on the negatives and placing blame where it doesn't belong.

I certainly agree that our D needs to be better, but I think we've been saying this for years. We're a young team and are just going to be inconsistent, and that's that. Hopefully, we eventually make a move or two to bolster the young lineup, but there's no rush on that front since the team is collecting points.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

And Ryan.
Well ryan didn't have his coming out party last night, he had been a lot better do a few games. Last night was by a mile zibs best game of the season.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I for one can't wait to face the lowly hurricanes! Should be interesting to say the least!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:If you think Karlsson made a mistake on the Buff goal then you may need to watch it over again.  That was all on Mika.  

Sorry, you're right, that was an ill-conceived pass, but Karlsson was gambling, for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum