GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #13: Jets @ Sens - 7:30pm EST - Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015

+5
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also am I the only one that feels that maybe puempel should be the one playing the top 6 and not Prince? I mean I understand they are trying to get Prince going but puempel is the one that seems to me that is getting the better chance. Even last game he seemed to create some good chance paired on that awful 4rth Line.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:We need a more convincing win. There hasn't been many this season which to me means we are scraping by. The jets are a very decent team and a convincing win(on home ice) would do wonders I would say into giving this team some confidence is sorely lacks.

I would play Wiercioch 40 minutes if I had to for him to put up some points and get some confidence going. Murray has given you the D to work with, so you better get them going somehow.

Wiercioch ended the season last year so well, I want to see him get some goals and get some confidence going.

Also - for the love of goodness, the wingers must get back deeper into the zone to help the Ds breakouts.

And finally...free Pageau. Put Pageau on the top line and let Lazar C the 3rd line. Pageau's too good to be Cussing around with Chiasson and Michalek - both of whom have what...4 points between them?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Also am I the only one that feels that maybe puempel should be the one playing the top 6 and not Prince? I mean I understand they are trying to get Prince going but puempel is the one that seems to me that is getting the better chance. Even last game he seemed to create some good chance paired on that awful 4rth Line.

I understand both sides. Cameron is trying to see what player fits with Ryan and Z, but yes, Puempel should probably get a look there once in a while. At the VERY least he should see some time with Pageau on line 3.

I don't understand Cameron's fetish for Chiasson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chiasson was pretty good last game. He doesn't have a fetish for Chiasson, he's just working with what he has. We're pretty thin on the wings.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Chiasson was pretty good last game.  He doesn't have a fetish for Chiasson, he's just working with what he has.  We're pretty thin on the wings.

I dunno...Chiasson was good last game, no problems with that, but you have Puempel behind him who was legitimately good last year in his brief stint.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We need a more convincing win. There hasn't been many this season which to me means we are scraping by. The jets are a very decent team and a convincing win(on home ice) would do wonders I would say into giving this team some confidence is sorely lacks.

I would play Wiercioch 40 minutes if I had to for him to put up some points and get some confidence going.  Murray has given you the D to work with, so you better get them going somehow.

Wiercioch ended the season last year so well, I want to see him get some goals and get some confidence going.

Also - for the love of goodness, the wingers must get back deeper into the zone to help the Ds breakouts.

And finally...free Pageau.  Put Pageau on the top line and let Lazar C the 3rd line.  Pageau's too good to be Cussing around with Chiasson and Michalek - both of whom have what...4 points between them?
lazar should be sent to bingo. he doesn't hurt the team but i don't see him making any of those 2 lines better. the kid needs to develop his offense. it's not really coming along here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

I would play Wiercioch 40 minutes if I had to for him to put up some points and get some confidence going.  Murray has given you the D to work with, so you better get them going somehow.

And finally...free Pageau.  Put Pageau on the top line and let Lazar C the 3rd line.  Pageau's too good to be Cussing around with Chiasson and Michalek - both of whom have what...4 points between them?

I'd rather put Wiercioch on the 3rd pairing before giving him 40 minutes. He's not like a $7M player who's done it before many times and you want to kick start him. Wweircioch has had a half a good season, he still needs to earn his ice time. Cowen has played better, so reward him.

As for Pageau, agree completely. I don't think playing center (face offs and dishing out the puck) is what he excels in on that line -- don't think that line will suffer with Lazar in his place. Pageau has 4 goals (two shorties) and no assists; I'm pretty sure he'd have a couple assists if he got promoted to the top line instead of Lazar. I don't understand that move at all -- putting Lazar on the top line. Boggles the mind.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, if there is a fetish, it's for Lazar.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yes, if there is a fetish, it's for Lazar.

D-Cam likes 'em young.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Yes, if there is a fetish, it's for Lazar.

D-Cam likes 'em young.

'n' hungry!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And this Lazar chap once ate a McDonald's burger. Right off the ice! Now that's hunger!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I'd rather put Wiercioch on the 3rd pairing before giving him 40 minutes.  He's not like a $7M player who's done it before many times and you want to kick start him.  Wweircioch has had a half a good season, he still needs to earn his ice time.  Cowen has played better, so reward him.

As for Pageau, agree completely.  I don't think playing center (face offs and dishing out the puck) is what he excels in on that line -- don't think that line will suffer with Lazar in his place.  Pageau has 4 goals (two shorties) and no assists; I'm pretty sure he'd have a couple assists if he got promoted to the top line instead of Lazar.  I don't understand that move at all -- putting Lazar on the top line.  Boggles the mind.

Cameron wants a net drive/presence at all times so Turris and Hoffman have more room. Pageau could do that, but not as well as Lazar, Chiasson or Stone can. Or maybe he could...I'd love to find out personally

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Always nice to see The Alfie.

Is it crazy that TSN has two play by play crews doing the game? One for the Jets region and one for the Sens region? Now that's service.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ZBad and Bobby R having very nice games against a tough opponent.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen just took a big old dump on that Jets goal. He literally just fell down.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a game by Lazar

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:What a game by Lazar

Good call, SpezD. Oh wait, Ev?!?!?

LeCaptain