GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #13: Jets @ Sens - 7:30pm EST - Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015

+5
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a game by Lazar

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:What a game by Lazar

Good call, SpezD. Oh wait, Ev?!?!?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Love our forwards, hate the defense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zibanejad was a monster tonight too

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Always nice to see The Alfie.

Is it crazy that TSN has two play by play crews doing the game?  One for the Jets region and one for the Sens region?  Now that's service.

Did I mention that my Rogers situation got resolved by them giving me a free year of Gamecenter?

Either way, I had the french feed, cause apparently they were playing it here (I don't have cable). Lots of crews working tonight.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:Love our forwards, hate the defense.

I asked my computer screen why Wiercioch was on the ice at one point. He had like 6 touches in one shift, and each time the Jets had the puck immediately after.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
Cameron wants a net drive/presence at all times so Turris and Hoffman have more room.  Pageau could do that, but not as well as Lazar, Chiasson or Stone can.  Or maybe he could...I'd love to find out personally

JGP can definitely produce a better net drive and net presence than Lazar has demonstrated. Gotta disagree there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'll take the two points, buy the Jets outplayed then by a wide margin in the third. Hard to believe they were the ones playing on back-to-back nights. Maybe Cameron's practices are more tiring than games? That's how they went on that streak, last year. They stopped having full practices.

Both goalies played very well, but what was it on the Byfuglien goal? Just another perfect shot?

Bobby is 4 for 5 in shootouts this season. Silfverberg (and a few others) are tied for second with 2 (Silf is 2 for 2).

Very good game by Ryan and Zibanejad. Ryan's had a few in a row like that, hopefully it's been rubbing off on ZBAad.

I love it how they bring up Karlsson's rough start, then say how he had a similar bad start last year before finishing the second half at a point per game pace. He's got 12 points in 13 games right now. The goals will come. I don't disagree about him having a rough start, though. He needs to be better.

I was skipping a lot of the breaks between plays so I missed most of the faceoffs. How did they do there?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Both goalies played very well, but what was it on the Byfuglien goal?  Just another perfect shot?

This is Cussing hilarious. Matrix is the reason why we won (again), and you take it upon yourself to question one of the goals he let in. The shot by Byfuglien was well-place and a rocket too...the only way to stop it is if it hits you, and it was too well-placed to do that.

Give your head a shake, Walter. Craig Anderson is the reason why we won this game, and the game against the Habs too. He's been incredible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hutchison was also incredible. Could easily have been more than a 2-0 lead. As for Anderson, yes, he was great in the third and in OT, and that sliding poke check was probably replayed on a few highlight reels. But I'm pretty sure that Byfuglien shot is one he'd love to try again. It was from fairly far out, it was not an in-zone giveaway (i.e. he saw him coming from the other blue line), there was no screen. Was there a tip? Not sure, just re-watched it and Methot stuck out his stick but I could not tell if he touched the puck. Anderson was out at the top of the crease but moving back, so he wasn't coming out aggressively to cut the angle.

I don't know, I guess if he makes a toe save we'd be saying "Nice save" but, really, I don't think it would have been one of those "ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!" saves. So, yeah, unless it was tipped, I think he'd like to have that one back.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Hutchison was also incredible.  Could easily have been more than a 2-0 lead.  As for Anderson, yes, he was great in the third and in OT, and that sliding poke check was probably replayed on a few highlight reels.  But I'm pretty sure that Byfuglien shot is one he'd love to try again.  It was from fairly far out, it was not an in-zone giveaway (i.e. he saw him coming from the other blue line), there was no screen.  Was there a tip?  Not sure, just re-watched it and Methot stuck out his stick but I could not tell if he touched the puck.  Anderson was out at the top of the crease but moving back, so he wasn't coming out aggressively to cut the angle.  

I don't know, I guess if he makes a toe save we'd be saying "Nice save" but, really, I don't think it would have been one of those "ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!" saves.  So, yeah, unless it was tipped, I think he'd like to have that one back.

This is Cussing ridiculous.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, what's ridiculous is they played a tired team, built a 2-0 lead and then still ended up without a ROW. The shots on goal were pretty even through 2, then they were outshot 14-7 in the third and something like 7-3 in OT. Anderson was the #1 star and no one is denying it. If I was Cameron I'd tell then that they should be a little embarrassed about either their fitness level or killer instinct.

On to Carolina, where we haven't won since half of us wore diapers. Hopefully we won't have to wait till half of us are back in diapers before we win there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

just enjoy the game and stop being so critical lol (not just wprager, everybody).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Keep in mind that Winnipeg is a pretty damn good team, Walter.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:just enjoy the game and stop being so critical lol (not just wprager, everybody).

That's part of the enjoyment Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Cameron wants a net drive/presence at all times so Turris and Hoffman have more room.  Pageau could do that, but not as well as Lazar, Chiasson or Stone can.  Or maybe he could...I'd love to find out personally

JGP can definitely produce a better net drive and net presence than Lazar has demonstrated. Gotta disagree there.

I dunno...Lazar knows his role on that line and gets to the net with authority. Pageau is fantastic, but he's a little small to be as effective. Pageau is better at everything else though right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How good has Hoffman turned out to be? Just awesome to watch that kid display speed and skill

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, Michael Hoffman is a quality ice hockey player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum