GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:You guys really think Ottawa could hold an AHL franchise on top of the sens? Somehow I really doubt that. If we could it would be really good in terms of working both teams together and implementing systems and having an easier time building that relationship but I freaking doubt it. Really doubt you'd get enough people for games. It was once proposed that Cornwall would be better and it might(I'm not sure if the population is large enough' SSF?)

I don't think many cities manage to do it. Chicago, philly... Toronto. All fairly big cities with much MUCH larger populations.

About the same as Binghamton and there's more money here than people think.

I really like the rink too.

We'll file it under "dare to dream" until I win the lottery.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Taken in the aforementioned Buffalo Narrows, and further proof that W P Rager is wrong again:

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 38 2014-09-09-dorothy-caisse-e1410262828375

I'm familiar with that precise location. I get sandwiches about 100 yards from there.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:You guys really think Ottawa could hold an AHL franchise on top of the sens? Somehow I really doubt that. If we could it would be really good in terms of working both teams together and implementing systems and having an easier time building that relationship but I freaking doubt it. Really doubt you'd get enough people for games. It was once proposed that Cornwall would be better and it might(I'm not sure if the population is large enough' SSF?)

I don't think many cities manage to do it. Chicago, philly... Toronto. All fairly big cities with much MUCH larger populations.

Why not? Binghamton is a Dung hole and they have kept the team there for years. In fact i think Ottawa people would love to watch the sens prospects

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa can't support yet another team. Plus an AHL team in a 19,000 seat arena?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no way the AHL team is moving here. We have enough trouble supporting the NHL team.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Here's a link to an article at NHL.com which tries to explain that Karlsson is not only an offensive defenseman and is still a Norris trophy candidate.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=793148&navid=nhl:topheads

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What forward position does dzingel play?  I thought it was C, but he's listed as F.  21 points in 24 games on a useless Bingo team and is now right around 200 pounds, so theoretically he could hold his own.  

I'd like to see this kind of call up for line 3.  A creative player that can put some pressure on other teams with Pageau, instead of the offense coming solely from the top 2 lines and sometimes Pageau

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Why not? Binghamton is a Dung hole and they have kept the team there for years. In fact i think Ottawa people would love to watch the sens prospects
Exactly, it's a Dung hole. So they don't have anything else than to support the sens. You either have to be small enough without much competition or big enough to support more than one team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:Here's a link to an article at NHL.com which tries to explain that Karlsson is not only an offensive defenseman and is still a Norris trophy candidate.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=793148&navid=nhl:topheads

How on earth did that make it to NHL.com. It's a pretty poor article. Did Keith Yandle lose the Norris to Karlsson by a hair? Why even talk about that guy. Talk more about Doughty, Letang, Weber, etc. Talk about how the player's +/- relates or compares to the team's goal differential (e.g. Karlsson is +5 on a team that is +3 in goal differential; Doughty is +9 on a +12 team). Talk about his takeaways relative to giveaways. Talk about his tattoos. Just don't talk about Keith effin' Yandle.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zack Smith got fined $2,000 for diving.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Zack Smith got fined $2,000 for diving.

Laugh1

Nice work, NHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is this the play?  Stamkos got 2 for holding on Smith:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is like photo-radar. You think you got away with it and then you get it in the mail.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wrong Smith. That's "Zach" Smith not our Zack Smith.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Wrong Smith.  That's "Zach" Smith not our Zack Smith.

That's a relief.

GO SENS GO!!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Wrong Smith.  That's "Zach" Smith not our Zack Smith.

That's a relief.

GO SENS GO!!!!

Zack is probably relieved as well, especially considering it's Christmas time! That would've been quite the hit on the ol' Visa!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So how does that explain this?
http://www.thescore.com/news/913238

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So how does that explain this?
http://www.thescore.com/news/913238

The mystery deepens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum