GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers

+7
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
tim1_2
rooneypoo
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

31Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:27 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:With Gamecentre, if a game is in progress, can you start it from the beginning without having to start it live and then rewind?  I pretty much start every game late on my PVR...if I have to start a game live and then rewind, that pretty much defeats the purpose.

Yes.
But when the live game is over, you're gonna have to wait like 1-2 hours before being able to re-watch it.

Yeah, but let's say a game starts at 7pm.  I start watching at 8:30pm.  Is there an option to start the game from the beginning, without potentially having the score spoiled for me?

Didnt I say yes? Smile

You have the option to remove the scores on NHL.com or on the PS3/4.
I haven't tried the other devices but I assume it's also possible.

Yeah, I just wasn't entirely certain you understood what I was asking or if you were just telling me what my options were once the game was totally over.

I may have to finally pull the plug on Rogers. $90ish per month is just mental.

32Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With Steven and Chris off the air I probably don't need cable either.

33Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:37 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:With Steven and Chris off the air I probably don't need cable either.

You could've got that over the air, you fool! You've been throwing your money away!

34Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:With Steven and Chris off the air I probably don't need cable either.

You could've got that over the air, you fool!  You've been throwing your money away!

Pfft. Now you tell me.

35Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I think your proposed plan should work fine, although I can't speak from experience, as I've never used anything to alter my IP address.  

Quick question for anyone that might know: Once you subscribe to Game Centre, is there any way to cancel your subscription and get some money back?  

Just take the 5 payments of $20 option and you can cancel in between.

Interesting.  So Game Centre is only $100 for Americans?

$100 at 76 cents on the dollar is $132 and climbing. Heard someone say they read a report saying it's dropping as far as 50.

Also, I used UnblockUS but then switched to ProxyDNS.co -- they charge $3/month if you pay 6-12 months at a time.

36Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:I have been with Unblock US and Gamecenter Live for 2 seasons now. No complaints.
I make 5 payments of $20 US dollar for NHL GCL by the way, not $200. You have to sign up on NHL.com with a US IP address to get that price.

Every time I try to access the registration page for NHL Game Centre, I'm automatically re-directed to a Rogers page... I'm guessing that's happening because the system is recognized my IP as Canadian. So how do I achieve the first thing -- i.e, trick NHL.com into thinking I've got a US IP address?

Do you already have Unblock-us?

No, not yet. I bought the Apple TV thing yesterday -- to me, it's important to be able to access the app on my TV really easily -- so that's step one for me. I take it once I set up the Unblock Us thing, I'm good to go?

One other question: to register for NHL Game Centre, you have to provide a mailing address (or at least, you're prompted to provide one)... What did you do there, just make one up randomly?

You need unblock-US first. Adjust your location to US on the u unblock-US website then purchase NHL Game center through iTunes.

Not sure about the address thing but I'm sure the unblock-US site will have your answer in FAQs.

- Unknown Author

37Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I think your proposed plan should work fine, although I can't speak from experience, as I've never used anything to alter my IP address.  

Quick question for anyone that might know: Once you subscribe to Game Centre, is there any way to cancel your subscription and get some money back?  

Just take the 5 payments of $20 option and you can cancel in between.

Interesting.  So Game Centre is only $100 for Americans?

$100 at 76 cents on the dollar is $132 and climbing.  Heard someone say they read a report saying it's dropping as far as 50.

Also, I used UnblockUS but then switched to ProxyDNS.co -- they charge $3/month if you pay 6-12 months at a time.  
We won't be dropping to 50cents. That's lunacy. The exchange rates with the U.S. Are on a roughly 10 year cycle.
I'll tell you one thing though. Once we come back on the cycle and near the even point I'll be putting my money into some 5 year US bonds. The exchange alone makes it a great return. Wish I would have put it into GM when they were begging for bailouts. That would of been smart money. Damn.

38Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:31 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:http://www6.hockeystreams.com
Take the 6 months package if you want. Much cheaper.
I'm serious. This is what people should get.

Is this that somewhat legit site run by Natives?

I'll look into this myself if no one else knows. I think the access to AHL games makes this attractive as well.

CONFIRMED!!!!

39Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:02 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'll look into this myself if no one else knows. I think the access to AHL games makes this attractive as well.
My friend has been using it for over two years now. He's had no problem so far. I've been waiting to see how it goes and well those two years have proven me that it's worth the shot. And yes, AHL games also.

I've used hockeystreams.com and it's been great. Great feeds and access to NHL and AHL.

40Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:49 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

My friend has been using it for over two years now. He's had no problem so far. I've been waiting to see how it goes and well those two years have proven me that it's worth the shot. And yes, AHL games also.

I've used hockeystreams.com and it's been great. Great feeds and access to NHL and AHL.

For the Sens games, I assume you can get the TSN feed?

41Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Off the web? Good question. Surely you don't mean the TSN TV feed, available on cable, since this is the "Bypassing Cable..." thread.

42Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:30 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Is it decent quality? Or do I need to give it a test run to try it out myself, say for a day?

43Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Off the web? Good question. Surely you don't mean the TSN TV feed, available on cable, since this is the "Bypassing Cable..." thread.

Yeah, I'm wondering where the feed comes from for this shady hockeystreams site?

44Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:47 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Is it decent quality? Or do I need to give it a test run to try it out myself, say for a day?

Allegedly it's pretty much HD.

45Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:08 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm in Toronto so I don't get the Sens feed.

46Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The quality was great, basically HD with no lag either. I purchased the 6 month package to try it out, for $70 it was well worth it. You just don’t know if and when they may be shut down.

47Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I just subscribed to the hockeystreams.com 6 months package and I'm well impressed with the quality, the high quality stream lags a bit but that's because I don't have a great internet connection but mid quality is amazing none the less. I highly recommend it for the price. Let's get this season going!

48Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All hail hockeystreams.com!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum