GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers

+7
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
tim1_2
rooneypoo
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 am

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:http://www6.hockeystreams.com
Take the 6 months package if you want. Much cheaper.
I'm serious. This is what people should get.

Is this that somewhat legit site run by Natives?

I'll look into this myself if no one else knows. I think the access to AHL games makes this attractive as well.
My friend has been using it for over two years now. He's had no problem so far. I've been waiting to see how it goes and well those two years have proven me that it's worth the shot. And yes, AHL games also.

I've used hockeystreams.com and it's been great. Great feeds and access to NHL and AHL.

Is it decent quality? Or do I need to give it a test run to try it out myself, say for a day?

The quality was great, basically HD with no lag either. I purchased the 6 month package to try it out, for $70 it was well worth it. You just don’t know if and when they may be shut down.

47Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I just subscribed to the hockeystreams.com 6 months package and I'm well impressed with the quality, the high quality stream lags a bit but that's because I don't have a great internet connection but mid quality is amazing none the less. I highly recommend it for the price. Let's get this season going!

48Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All hail hockeystreams.com!!!!

49Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:So I just subscribed to the hockeystreams.com 6 months package and I'm well impressed with the quality, the high quality stream lags a bit but that's because I don't have a great internet connection but mid quality is amazing none the less. I highly recommend it for the price. Let's get this season going!

Are you streaming it via wifi? I play HD stuff from Netflix all the time and I don't consider my connection to be anywhere near "great". But before we switched to Bell the cable router was upstairs so we used the TV's wifi capabilities. Now the Bell router is right behind the TV so we hooked it up via ethernet cable and the difference is substantial.

If I were to get this service I'd be pretty much restricted to wifi (as I don't think there is a native LG SmartTV app to stream this). Speaking of which, wouldn't it be nice if the HTML processor detected the media stream and re-routed it to the built-in player? Then you could browse to the URL using the crappy built-in browser on your smart tv, but then it would just stream directly to the video decoder (instead of whatever plugin the browser is using, and then the browser's rendering process).

50Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My experience has always been that using wifi for trying to stream HD stuff is not a great idea. Wired network connections are a million times for reliable and much quicker too.

51Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So I just subscribed to the hockeystreams.com 6 months package and I'm well impressed with the quality, the high quality stream lags a bit but that's because I don't have a great internet connection but mid quality is amazing none the less. I highly recommend it for the price. Let's get this season going!

Are you streaming it via wifi? I play HD stuff from Netflix all the time and I don't consider my connection to be anywhere near "great".  But before we switched to Bell the cable router was upstairs so we used the TV's wifi capabilities.  Now the Bell router is right behind the TV so we hooked it up via ethernet cable and the difference is substantial.

If I were to get this service I'd be pretty much restricted to wifi (as I don't think there is a native LG SmartTV app to stream this).  Speaking of which, wouldn't it be nice if the HTML processor detected the media stream and re-routed it to the built-in player?  Then you could browse to the URL using the crappy built-in browser on your smart tv, but then it would just stream directly to the video decoder (instead of whatever plugin the browser is using, and then the browser's rendering process).
Interesting, I do wifi it. I'll try to cable hook it up to the router to see if it still lags. I mean medium quality is amazing compared to the free streams I find usually but the full quality is unbelievable. I'll try tonight.

52Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:My experience has always been that using wifi for trying to stream HD stuff is not a great idea.  Wired network connections are a million times for reliable and much quicker too.  
Ya I'll try that tonight. I'm just excited that I'm getting all the games this year!!! Now if school or a woman don't get in the way of my watching I'll be just fine.

53Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:11 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I'm going to try it for a week for the pre-season and see how it goes. If it works, I'm down. Anything to not pay Rogers $900 a year for the privilege of watching 82 Sens games.

54Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:40 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

all right I'm also on board with getting rid of cable. I've been trying unblock.us for a week and it works great, but does anyone who has used unblock.us know if I need to update DNS' or change regions in order to get all sens games through Game Center? I'm in the states but some of the sens games on nhl network get blacked out for me, so I'm wondering if it takes care of that or not.

55Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:all right I'm also on board with getting rid of cable.  I've been trying unblock.us for a week and it works great, but does anyone who has used unblock.us know if I need to update DNS' or change regions in order to get all sens games through Game Center?  I'm in the states but some of the sens games on nhl network get blacked out for me, so I'm wondering if it takes care of that or not.

Why would you need to "unblock" the "us" if you live in the US?

Is there a bigger FU to Rogers than moving to the States?!?!?! "Probably not."

56Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:09 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:all right I'm also on board with getting rid of cable.  I've been trying unblock.us for a week and it works great, but does anyone who has used unblock.us know if I need to update DNS' or change regions in order to get all sens games through Game Center?  I'm in the states but some of the sens games on nhl network get blacked out for me, so I'm wondering if it takes care of that or not.

Why would you need to "unblock" the "us" if you live in the US?

Is there a bigger FU to Rogers than moving to the States?!?!?! "Probably not."

lol because I still get blocked for nhl network games. I want to watch 82 sens games, not 78.... Sarcasm

You are correct, it is a big F.U. to rogers but I do miss TSN

57Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, HockeyStreams.com has extensive instructions for various platforms. I guess it's been a while since I've used by ChromeCast with anything other than some early apps for streaming. Now you use Google Chrome with the ChromeCast extension and then I guess you use that to "cast" your browser display to the ChromeCast dongle.

That uses WiFi, though, so maybe not ideal for watching a game. But if you don't have 24" monitor or better to watch it on your PC that may still be the best option.

58Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

For a PS4 you can stream directly to the PS4 browser!  Just navigate to http://m.hockeystreams.com and log in to your account.  

Interesting, what prevents you from doing that on, say, a PS3? The PS3 instructions, it sounds like you stream on your PC which then forwards to the PS3 which outputs to the TV. Odd, wouldn't you just get a cable to go directly from your PC to the TV? Surely any modern PC would have a graphics card capable of HDMI or component output.

59Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, finally, there is a Samsung Smart TV app for HockeyStreams.
http://www5.hockeystreams.com/assist/categories/9/general+homebrew/7349/Samsung+Smart+TV+HockeyStreams+App

Too bad my Smart TV is an LG.

60Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Oh, finally, there is a Samsung Smart TV app for HockeyStreams.
http://www5.hockeystreams.com/assist/categories/9/general+homebrew/7349/Samsung+Smart+TV+HockeyStreams+App

A real shame.

61Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Oh, finally, there is a Samsung Smart TV app for HockeyStreams.  

A real shame.
I am not tech savy. I'm not even sure what is my TV. Might be a Samsung maybe a Panasonic, maybe an LG. But I'll have a look at it tonight.

I'm just 0syched that I can now watch nhl and AHL without having to try 20 different streams that are pixel ates for less than 100$ per year.
Love it.

62Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can watch the games on ipad from school too when I'm supposed to study. Amazing how much the distractions keep piling on.

63Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers - Page 4 Empty Re: Bypassing Cable; or, FU Rogers Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I can watch the games on ipad from school too when I'm supposed to study. Amazing how much the distractions keep piling on.

What are you studying at the tender age of 39?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum