GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Expendables - Ottawa Edition

+9
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
wprager
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

136The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 01, 2015 11:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:What I want to happen - Trade Anderson and run with Lehner and Hammond and then bring up O'Connor (I'm assuming he signs here as it's what I want to happen Smile ) if Hammond faulters or after O'Connor has had a season or 2 in Bingo.

What most likely will happen - They'll keep Anderson out of fear of what might happen to Lehner as they've shown a propensity to do that and Hammond will walk for ZIP and IF we're lucky we'll have O'Connor.  We'll go into next season with Anderson and Lehner and if we have O'Connor then they'll trade Lehner as soon as O'Connor feels he's ready for the NHL.

I don't know about any one else, but I'm about this concerned about Hammond walking.

He's 27 and this might be the only contract he gets if he flops. I wouldn't blame Hammond one bit if he went where he could find the most money. If Ottawa were to trade Anderson then Ottawa would be able to match any potential offer elsewhere.

137The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 01, 2015 12:45 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Hammond won't get a 3 year deal from anyone and if by some miracle he does get a 3 year deal worth more than 6 mil than that GM should be let go right away.

I can see MAYBE a team like the Yotes doing to just to get above the cap floor as a backup but that's really about it.

As for Hammond, we'll see how much he really wants to be here if he's offered a 1 way deal.

GMs do some pretty stupid things on July 1st.  He's got a masterton nomination, and likely wins it.  Just adding to his appeal as a feel-good locker room guy who also went an insane 20-1-3.  

Phoenix, Florida, Buffalo, Edmonton, I could see any of these teams offering hammond a 2-3 year contract.

138The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 01, 2015 12:59 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:What I want to happen - Trade Anderson and run with Lehner and Hammond and then bring up O'Connor (I'm assuming he signs here as it's what I want to happen Smile ) if Hammond faulters or after O'Connor has had a season or 2 in Bingo.

What most likely will happen - They'll keep Anderson out of fear of what might happen to Lehner as they've shown a propensity to do that and Hammond will walk for ZIP and IF we're lucky we'll have O'Connor.  We'll go into next season with Anderson and Lehner and if we have O'Connor then they'll trade Lehner as soon as O'Connor feels he's ready for the NHL.

I don't know about any one else, but I'm about this concerned about Hammond walking.

He's 27 and this might be the only contract he gets if he flops.  I wouldn't blame Hammond one bit if he went where he could find the most money.  If Ottawa were to trade Anderson then Ottawa would be able to match any potential offer elsewhere.

I just mean that keeping Anderson and Lehner are higher priorities for me. Hammond was amazing and I totally understand if he needs to cash in here... but short term, Andy is a better goalie, and long term, Lehner has the higher ceiling. I'm not ungrateful for the work he did, but those are the realities.

139The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 01, 2015 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He's 27 and this might be the only contract he gets if he flops.  I wouldn't blame Hammond one bit if he went where he could find the most money.  If Ottawa were to trade Anderson then Ottawa would be able to match any potential offer elsewhere.

I just mean that keeping Anderson and Lehner are higher priorities for me. Hammond was amazing and I totally understand if he needs to cash in here... but short term, Andy is a better goalie, and long term, Lehner has the higher ceiling. I'm not ungrateful for the work he did, but those are the realities.

Totally.

140The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 01, 2015 1:10 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Except we've seen that having Lehner and Anderson both here probably isn't the ideal situation....especially for Lehner.

141The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 01, 2015 1:59 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Except we've seen that having Lehner and Anderson both here probably isn't the ideal situation....especially for Lehner.

Again, in terms of priorities with my goalies, Hammond comes in at #3 on my list. Hence my original post.

142The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Except we've seen that having Lehner and Anderson both here probably isn't the ideal situation....especially for Lehner.

Again, in terms of priorities with my goalies, Hammond comes in at #3 on my list. Hence my original post.

Well, it would seem, that Ottawa's priority is to sign Hammond and move one of Lehner or Anderson. I hope it's Anderson that gets moved for a few reasons.

- Unknown Author

143The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 01, 2015 3:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Well, it would seem, that Ottawa's priority is to sign Hammond and move one of Lehner or Anderson.  I hope it's Anderson that gets moved for a few reasons.

Yeah, I think it'd be wise to take a shot on having Hammond as the backup. If not Hammond as the backup, someone else not named Anderson or Lehner.

144The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 15, 2015 12:06 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

It's fair to assume Greening gets moved, bought out, or very well paid to score 0.5 PPG in Btown. What about Condra? Is he gone?

145The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 15, 2015 5:59 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:It's fair to assume Greening gets moved, bought out, or very well paid to score 0.5 PPG in Btown. What about Condra? Is he gone?

Probably. Room has to be made for whoever gets picked in the 1st round.

146The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Fri May 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:It's fair to assume Greening gets moved, bought out, or very well paid to score 0.5 PPG in Btown. What about Condra? Is he gone?
management seems keen to keep him. hes a good guy to have on your 4rth line but honestly i could do without if it means giving one of your guys a chance to take that spot. condra could be the 13th forward coming out of camp.

147The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Sun May 17, 2015 7:47 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If the Sens make enough moves to clear up some roster space then why not keep Greening as the 13th, 14th forward? If you could choose a guy to play that roll it's probably Greening. That said I think he is bought out when the time comes.

148The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Sun May 17, 2015 8:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If the Sens make enough moves to clear up some roster space then why not keep Greening as the 13th, 14th forward?  If you could choose a guy to play that roll it's probably Greening.  That said I think he is bought out when the time comes.

You don't want your 13th forward making that much money

149The Expendables - Ottawa Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: The Expendables - Ottawa Edition Sun May 17, 2015 3:48 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:If the Sens make enough moves to clear up some roster space then why not keep Greening as the 13th, 14th forward?  If you could choose a guy to play that roll it's probably Greening.  That said I think he is bought out when the time comes.

You don't want your 13th forward making that much money

I'd rather someone like Robinson as a 13th forward but it all depends on what moves are made this summer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum