GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 58]

46Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:That's a lot of RH D men... and Petry is an UFA isn't he?

Meh. Detroit will overpay for him because they have played with nothing but LHD for most of the season and have likely not won a single game as a result. Ericsson to Sens, E7.

Petry is a really good frigging D man too... that's a diamond in a giant pile of crap waiting for a chance to play on a decent team.

47Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:That's a lot of RH D men... and Petry is an UFA isn't he?

Meh. Detroit will overpay for him because they have played with nothing but LHD for most of the season and have likely not won a single game as a result. Ericsson to Sens, E7.

Petry is a really good frigging D man too... that's a diamond in a giant pile of crap waiting for a chance to play on a decent team.  

Probably doesn't hurt that he's from Michigan.

48Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That will be a great signing for the Wings if it actually happens and there's no reason to think it won't. He may even end up there before the deadline if they are serious about making a push. A 2nd for Petry is a pretty good deal, IMO. Detroit would resign him no problem.

49Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Compared to the other names floating around on the D market, Methot appears to be the best one potentially available. At the same time, everyone seems to be looking for a D-Man. I'm leaning towards sell high.

50Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:31 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Compared to the other names floating around on the D market, Methot appears to be the best one potentially available. At the same time, everyone seems to be looking for a D-Man. I'm leaning towards sell high.

If I was a contender, I'd be very interested in Methot...I mean, that's a guy capable of playing in a top pairing that has some snarl to his game.  I think Murray pretty much said himself he'll be signed or traded by the deadline...although most indications are pointing to a signing.

Trading him is risky in that it gives us a big hole to fill, but that's where you can get creative in the offseason taking on salary, or hope to outbid others in free agency.  LETS DO IT!

51Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Compared to the other names floating around on the D market, Methot appears to be the best one potentially available. At the same time, everyone seems to be looking for a D-Man. I'm leaning towards sell high.

If I was a contender, I'd be very interested in Methot...I mean, that's a guy capable of playing in a top pairing that has some snarl to his game.  I think Murray pretty much said himself he'll be signed or traded by the deadline...although most indications are pointing to a signing.

Trading him is risky in that it gives us a big hole to fill, but that's where you can get creative in the offseason taking on salary, or hope to outbid others in free agency.  LETS DO IT!

And our offseason is already well under way, old friend.

52Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

LeCaptain wrote:I can't believe how undervalued Taylor Hall is in here. I will stop commenting on this.
If any of the pieces you guys don't wanna part with here are as good as you think they are, we'd be a way better team already.
LOL. By your own logic if Hall were as good as you say Edmonton wouldn't pick top 3 every year.

53Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Boro will become as good as Cowen - as I don't see an offensive upside to Cowen.  I'm dead serious too, I view Boro as a legit 2nd pairing guy with Ceci in the near future.  If they move Cowen, it's because of Boro IMO.

And that's not even to mention Claesson and Englund.  They could move Cowen...if they sign Methot - in a package for a LEGIT top line LW.

Boro wouldn't even make all 29 other teams in the league at this point.
I think he would. I think the stigma is that he's not a first or second round pick, so he's not that great. But I see solid shift after shift from that kid and he's only gonna get better.

54Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm diggin' the BONANZA representation.

55Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's on you if there's no bonanza.

56Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:It's on you if there's no bonanza.

I accept all resBONANZAbility!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

57Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh!

58Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:07 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:I can't believe how undervalued Taylor Hall is in here. I will stop commenting on this.
If any of the pieces you guys don't wanna part with here are as good as you think they are, we'd be a way better team already.
LOL. By your own logic if Hall were as good as you say Edmonton wouldn't pick top 3 every year.

Let's switch Karlsson and Hall. Does that make Edmonton a playoff team?
Yeah, that's what I thought.

59Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

LeCaptain wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

Let's switch Karlsson and Hall. Does that make Edmonton a playoff team?
Yeah, that's what I thought.
My point was your logic in your original post was flawed.

60Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:01 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's the latest trade scuttlebutt ?

61Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:What's the latest trade scuttlebutt ?

Well, Dreger updated his probabilities of Leafs players being traded. More to come, I'm sure.

62Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm diggin' the BONANZA representation.

I actually tried to put a cowboy hat on top of Fett's helmet but Word was not up to the task.  Apparently there is no option to crop to a hand drawn shape, and cropping to a predefined shape is quite limited (like you can't even rotate the shape to better suit your purposes).  

I know Word is not Photoshop, but this is the first time it failed me.

EDIT: How could I doubt Word. It was just a matter of finding a better fit.

63Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:29 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm diggin' the BONANZA representation.

I actually tried to put a cowboy hat on top of Fett's helmet but Word was not up to the task.  Apparently there is no option to crop to a hand drawn shape, and cropping to a predefined shape is quite limited (like you can't even rotate the shape to better suit your purposes).  

I know Word is not Photoshop, but this is the first time it failed me.

EDIT: How could I doubt Word.  It was just a matter of finding a better fit.

If you hadn't said anything, I'd have sworn it was Little Joe Cartwright himself!!! Nice work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum