GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 58]

31Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:15 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Taking Hall is a risk since he's a bit of a headcase and an injury risk. No way in hell I trade Lazar AND Lehner AND Cowen.  In fact, I don't even think I'd trade Lehner straight up for Hall.

Would rather move Anderson, no question.

32Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:If Methot is re-signed I have no problem with it, but I think it also depends on what they think of Englund at this point because for now Cowen can be replaced but in about 2-3 years I think he's gonna be a top 3 guy.

I think it depends on more than Englund... think it would depend on what they see in Claeson and Boroweicki going forward as well, not sure where Wiercioch fits in either.

I wonder if the organization views Claeson as a potential top 4 D man.

33Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:01 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Taking Hall is a risk since he's a bit of a headcase and an injury risk. No way in hell I trade Lazar AND Lehner AND Cowen.  In fact, I don't even think I'd trade Lehner straight up for Hall.

Wow let's not exaggerate here

I am not exaggerating. I have stated here many times I think Lehner will be a top 5 goalie in this league for 10+ years. That's more valuable to me than injury-prone Hall.

34Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boro will become as good as Cowen - as I don't see an offensive upside to Cowen. I'm dead serious too, I view Boro as a legit 2nd pairing guy with Ceci in the near future. If they move Cowen, it's because of Boro IMO.

And that's not even to mention Claesson and Englund. They could move Cowen...if they sign Methot - in a package for a LEGIT top line LW.

35Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They can't move Cowen unless Methot is signed, simple as that.

36Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits to be honest.  If that's the case and he wants to retire only having played as an Ottawa Senator and that's the kind of respect he has for the city and organization, choosing a team and community over the chance to win a Stanley Cup, how can you not respect that yourself?  It should be appreciated and celebrated.  

Now, if he wants to keep playing as an Ottawa Senator despite the writing on the wall for him and the organization then that's something I can't get on board with.  That's playing for a pay cheque and only a pay cheque, it helps no one.  If he wants to keep playing hockey he should be asking for a trade to a contender.

Like I said before his 1179th, I was going to cheer him on, and then cheer even louder if announced his retirement after the game.

37Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:10 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I can't believe how undervalued Taylor Hall is in here. I will stop commenting on this.
If any of the pieces you guys don't wanna part with here are as good as you think they are, we'd be a way better team already.

Last edited by LeCaptain on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

38Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Evander Kane just showed that you can be traded whilst injured, so that won't fly.

I believe you can't be waived when on the IR.

39Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Wouldn't include Cowen either... Wiercioch sure, Gryba sure, Cowen no.  You fill a hole to open up a bigger one?  Maybe if Methot is resigned you can throw Cowen in there but that's it.

You don't think Petry can fill the hole?

40Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:14 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That's a lot of RH D men... and Petry is an UFA isn't he?

41Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:That's a lot of RH D men... and Petry is an UFA isn't he?

Crap, didn't realize Petry was a rightie. I thought the trade would be same for same. Correction, I assumed.

42Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:They can't move Cowen unless Methot is signed, simple as that.

They can do just about anything they want right now. You can deal Methot and Cowen, plug those holes with AHLers and/or guys who should be in Jr., and essentially take a significant step back to take a giant leap forward in 2 or 3 years, maybe. Patience, friend. Patience.

43Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Meh. Detroit will overpay for him because they have played with nothing but LHD for most of the season and have likely not won a single game as a result. Ericsson to Sens, E7.

44Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Boro will become as good as Cowen - as I don't see an offensive upside to Cowen.  I'm dead serious too, I view Boro as a legit 2nd pairing guy with Ceci in the near future.  If they move Cowen, it's because of Boro IMO.

And that's not even to mention Claesson and Englund.  They could move Cowen...if they sign Methot - in a package for a LEGIT top line LW.

Boro wouldn't even make all 29 other teams in the league at this point.

45Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Boro will become as good as Cowen - as I don't see an offensive upside to Cowen.  I'm dead serious too, I view Boro as a legit 2nd pairing guy with Ceci in the near future.  If they move Cowen, it's because of Boro IMO.

And that's not even to mention Claesson and Englund.  They could move Cowen...if they sign Methot - in a package for a LEGIT top line LW.
I seriously question that. i still think cowen will be better than he is now and i really doubt Boro could reach the same level. in a perfect world Boro is on the bottom pairing and very effective in that position. Boro Gryba is nice bottom pairing to have. you really want to watch out when they are on the ice.

46Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Meh. Detroit will overpay for him because they have played with nothing but LHD for most of the season and have likely not won a single game as a result. Ericsson to Sens, E7.

Petry is a really good frigging D man too... that's a diamond in a giant pile of crap waiting for a chance to play on a decent team.

47Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Petry is a really good frigging D man too... that's a diamond in a giant pile of crap waiting for a chance to play on a decent team.  

Probably doesn't hurt that he's from Michigan.

48Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That will be a great signing for the Wings if it actually happens and there's no reason to think it won't. He may even end up there before the deadline if they are serious about making a push. A 2nd for Petry is a pretty good deal, IMO. Detroit would resign him no problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum