GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players

+9
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
SeawaySensFan
spader
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
NEELY
dennycrane
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

136DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:12 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:David Legwand's name is starting to emerge as a possible consolation prize to losers of the Vermette sweeps, or teams that simply expect that Legwand will cost less to acquire. The latest reported suitor? The New York Rangers.

They would apparently need to move salary back out to make a deal due to pending Free Agents. Of the Rangers we could realistically expect to get back which would fill a need for our beloved Senatores? Are there any?

Zuccarello would look good in a Sens jersey, and fills a need on the left wing. He's a pending UFA that the Rangers might not be able to resign...that said, I doubt they want to get rid of him before heading into the playoffs. Maybe Hagelin (pending RFA)? He also is a LW.

Shockingly, the Rags don't really have any bad contracts.

137DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Conacher didn't have the shot or the max speed of Hoffman.  Or the skill.  Or anything.

Otherwise it's a good comparison.

Let's stay on topic here. Since Ceci is apparently the new Lidstrom, does this make Karlsson expendable? If so, do you use him to try and get McDavid? Or do you hang on to a lesser player in Karlsson and sacrifice Cecidstrom for McDavid?

No but I'll tell you what, we should be finding out what it would take to pry OEL out of Phoenix to play with karlsson.

Ceci?

I Ceci what you did there old friend.

138DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:David Legwand's name is starting to emerge as a possible consolation prize to losers of the Vermette sweeps, or teams that simply expect that Legwand will cost less to acquire. The latest reported suitor? The New York Rangers.

They would apparently need to move salary back out to make a deal due to pending Free Agents. Of the Rangers we could realistically expect to get back which would fill a need for our beloved Senatores? Are there any?

Zuccarello would look good in a Sens jersey, and fills a need on the left wing.  He's a pending UFA that the Rangers might not be able to resign...that said, I doubt they want to get rid of him before heading into the playoffs.  Maybe Hagelin (pending RFA)?  He also is a LW.

Shockingly, the Rags don't really have any bad contracts.  

They have started to (have for a while) use the draft and UFA signings like Giradi and Zuccarello to build their team. Some smart trades as well... they haven't made a bad UFA signing in a long time other than Richards who they lucked out on by the compliance buyout.

139DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Always have really liked Hagelin.

140DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess he's redundant in Ottawa with Hoffman now though.

141DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:39 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see how we get Hamlin using legwand.

142DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We would add.

What about boedker? Love to get him.

143DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I don't see how we get Hamlin using legwand.

I'd sure love to see The Hammer in a Sens uni.

144DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Boedker won't be leaving the Yotes unless there is a big time overpayment for him.

Ottawa's best piece to trade right now is Methot by a mile and if there's isn't a contract in place you can pretty much bet he ends up on a team going to the playoffs or LA. The Sharks could really use him and they have some nice pieces, Bruins obviously could use him, LA there is a huge need... basically there is no shortage of teams looking to bring in a top 4 D man for a playoff run.

Phillips is the other guy teams might want to have as their #6, 7 guy for added depth and experience going into the playoffs. I have said it before but a team like NYR would be a solid fit and maybe even NYI, they could use that experience back there being so young. Phillips would simply be a depth move for a team, not a guy that will come in and play top 4 mins or even play every game.

Legwand I think is almost impossible to move at this point. Declining 4th line center with another year on his deal at 3 mil, real money 3.5 next year, the Sens are probably stuck with that.

Neil and Condra are the interesting ones. Neil would fetch a 2nd if he chooses to leave and play for the cup, I think Condra may end up moving because of a numbers game going into next year and guys that can probably replace him fairly easily already in the system like Grant. Maybe a 4th?

Greening... bought out at seasons end, don't see any other options.

I think those are the only guys that would be on the move at this point unless a real hockey deal comes along that no one was expecting.

145DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Legwand I think is almost impossible to move at this point.  Declining 4th line center with another year on his deal at 3 mil, real money 3.5 next year, the Sens are probably stuck with that.

I don't think other teams will see it that way. They will see a guy who is not declining, but has seen his icetime cut back, in spite of decent production relative to other forwards on an offense-starved team. Plus 3.5 million is Diddle all for salary in the NHL.

He'll fetch a nice return from someone.

146DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:09 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If the Sens can move Legwand for a late round pick then they will be all over it. I don't think he wants to be in Ottawa anymore than Ottawa wants him there.

147DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think they can get more than a late round pick, but we'll see.

148DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't think Boedker would be cheap, but this is the type of player we need to be looking at if Maloney is true to his word and about to blow it up.

149DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Legwand I think is almost impossible to move at this point.  Declining 4th line center with another year on his deal at 3 mil, real money 3.5 next year, the Sens are probably stuck with that.

I don't think other teams will see it that way. They will see a guy who is not declining, but has seen his icetime cut back, in spite of decent production relative to other forwards on an offense-starved team. Plus 3.5 million is Diddle all for salary in the NHL.

Agreed. Legwand is on pace for his pretty average output of somewhere between 40 to 50 pts despite being healthy scratched and having his ice time cut from his time in Nashville. He can absolutely fetch a nice return.

150DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ottawa at one point needed a Boedker but now they have a whole mess of them. Stone, Hoffman, MacArthur, Michalek, in the AHL Peumpel, Prince.

If the Sens make a move in terms of a hockey deal it will be a top line forward, not a 2nd, 3rd line guy who limited upside. I like Boedker but he is not what the Sens need.

151DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:15 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Agreed.  Legwand is on pace for his pretty average output of somewhere between 40 to 50 pts despite being healthy scratched and having his ice time cut from his time in Nashville.  He can absolutely fetch a nice return.

That extra year IMO is what will limit his value.

152DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Actually yeah, Boedker's stats aren't what I thought they'd be right now.

153DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players - Page 10 Empty Re: DEADLINE 2015: Value of Sens Players Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:20 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Martin Hanzal would be perfect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum