GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Canucks @ Sens - Sunday, Dec 7th, 7pm, CityTV

+7
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
wprager
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Kinda stinks, but neither Cowen or BoroCop should come out of the lineup instead of Phillips, but you know Philly won't be a healthy scratch when Methot is ready to return.

Also, WTF Methot?

Methot should have taken that contract he was being offered, because at this point he's not going to get anything remotely approaching that. There are just way too many rumors (not just NEELY; I've heard them discussing this on pre-game shows, even though they won't quite come out and say it point blank). He misses the first 24 games, practices with the team forever, and after one game he's out again. I don't think he bring anything unique to the table to make other GMs overlook these red flags.

Oh, and I believe that the last offer the Sens had on the table is no-longer on the table.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If he's using this as a bargaining tactic, Bryan Murray isn't going to resign him.

If he's legitimately been injured this whole time, we shouldn't bother signing him.

I don't see how any of this casts a favourable light on him getting any sort of long-term deal. I'm not even sure if he'll get a solid free agent contract as teams are a little more wary now of injury-prone guys.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Kinda stinks, but neither Cowen or BoroCop should come out of the lineup instead of Phillips, but you know Philly won't be a healthy scratch when Methot is ready to return.

Also, WTF Methot?

Phillips is going to be a problem until he is either sat out or he retires, he just can't keep up night in and night out anymore.

As for Methot... well he won't play through any pain right now and if his back is indeed as bad as he is making it out to be there is no way they should be committing to him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:

Also, WTF Methot?

Methot should have taken that contract he was being offered, because at this point he's not going to get anything remotely approaching that.  There are just way too many rumors (not just NEELY; I've heard them discussing this on pre-game shows, even though they won't quite come out and say it point blank).  He misses the first 24 games, practices with the team forever, and after one game he's out again.  I don't think he bring anything unique to the table to make other GMs overlook these red flags.  

Oh, and I believe that the last offer the Sens had on the table is no-longer on the table.

THANK YOU for at least pointing out the fact I am not completely full of BS.  People HATE what I write sometimes especially on the rumours that can't be proven other than hearing or seeing it for yourself but I have never lied about what I know and a lot of the time it comes out eventually whether it was Emery, Spezza, McGratton, or whoever else. Little sick of people saying "that's BS" when my track record about the off ice stuff is pretty solid.

Methot is about the last player they should be giving term and money to and while he might fill the hole they are looking to fill he is 100% the wrong guy to be doing it.  He's holding out right now in the only way he can because he doesn't like what's going on with business.  Sucks for him because it's going to end up costing him.

Last edited by NEELY on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:If he's using this as a bargaining tactic, Bryan Murray isn't going to resign him.

If he's legitimately been injured this whole time, we shouldn't bother signing him.  

I don't see how any of this casts a favourable light on him getting any sort of long-term deal.  I'm not even sure if he'll get a solid free agent contract as teams are a little more wary now of injury-prone guys.

The Prags said, I am not the only one who is saying this... I am just the first person to bring it up here based on who said what to me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

P-Mac said the Neil fight was what turned the game around for them...energized the bench.

Neil = WIN

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Neil does his job perfectly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:P-Mac said the Neil fight was what turned the game around for them...energized the bench.

Neil = WIN

Who knew?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:P-Mac said the Neil fight was what turned the game around for them...energized the bench.

Neil = WIN

Who knew?

Not many people considering how much flak he takes here and all over the rest of the internet. Usually from the same ignorant morons that criticize Legwand on the PP.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Don't think Neil gets a lot of flack around here, really. HF and other places for sure.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Neil = WIN

Who knew?

Not many people considering how much flak he takes here and all over the rest of the internet.  Usually from the same ignorant morons that criticize Legwand on the PP.

They sicken me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Neil = WIN

Who knew?

Not many people considering how much flak he takes here and all over the rest of the internet.  Usually from the same ignorant morons that criticize Legwand on the PP.

They sicken me.

THEY MAKE ME PUKE GDT: Canucks @ Sens - Sunday, Dec 7th, 7pm, CityTV - Page 10 853109

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

neil is what he is. he can't play more then a few minutes in a game or he will hurt you. His fights can energize but fighting is rare now. He probably won't be here longer than a year or two more.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:neil is what he is. he can't play more then a few minutes in a game or he will hurt you. His fights can energize but fighting is rare now. He probably won't be here longer than a year or two more.

We'd be blessed if Neil opts to play a couple more years for us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Of the old guard, he's the one most likely to stick around a few years.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Of the old guard, he's the one most likely to stick around a few years.

Hopefully we're that lucky.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One thing's for sure. That Bobby Ry must be furious with ZBad's lack of shooting. ONLY 4 goals in 3 games!!!! Shameful! Wink

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Think that's an honest knock against Zibanejad, shot like that he needs to use it. Once he gets a little more experience playing the point on the PP he's going to be a threat every single time and that will open up other guys down low and give Karlsson some more room. Can't do what he did on Saturday missing the net high and wide like that but he'll learn and he does seem to have the ability to absorb what is being asked of him.. IE coachable which is just about the greatest asset any athlete can have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum