GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
22_4_ever
The Silfer Server
asq2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hoags
spader
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
SDH89
dennycrane
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
NEELY
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I mean...it couldn't get worse than Spezza not giving a crap about any system. That was the craziest Dung I've ever seen. System? What system? I just wanna score goals!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I mean...it couldn't get worse than Spezza not giving a crap about any system.  That was the craziest Dung I've ever seen.  System?  What system?  I just wanna score goals!

ok this is kind of ridiculous lol. It's good that he's leaving but let's not just go all hyperbolic.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Honestly sick of talking about Spezza in any way other than what he will bring back in a trade.  Crappy captain and career underachiever.

As for Karlsson, he works hard, he's as skilled as anyone in the world, he talks with maturity and confidence in the media, and he carries himself in a very professional way.  Yah, off the ice he will have to smarten up a bit but that will come with time and on the ice he has smartened up and stopped the diving for the most part.  He has drive, he has determination, and he has a will to always get better and that should be obvious to most.  He's meant to be an NHL captain and leader and if it comes soon then so be it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I mean...it couldn't get worse than Spezza not giving a crap about any system.  That was the craziest Dung I've ever seen.  System?  What system?  I just wanna score goals!

ok this is kind of ridiculous lol. It's good that he's leaving but let's not just go all hyperbolic.

I still like Spezza and probably always will, but that was a terrible showing as captain.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If anyone truly feels he cannot play in a system, you will never, ever see him play for Hitchcock.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's the entire point of all this. He's not a player to lead a team, he's a guy you bring in when you have good leadership but not enough offense.

If he was a great leader and captain and he showed it on and off ice we would be trading him. It's pretty much that simple.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:If anyone truly feels he cannot play in a system, you will never, ever see him play for Hitchcock.

Fitting into a system is a lot different than leading it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not only that but guys like backes will not put up with lazy play. As quennville said, his leaders don't need to be told what to do, they show up and work hard and demand the same from everyone else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

18. There's a lot of linkage between Spezza and St. Louis, which makes a ton of sense. I asked four execs to name the one trade they think will happen, and Spezza to St. Louis got three votes. (This, of course, means it won't occur. Eric Staal would also look great in a Blues jersey, if Carolina wanted to do that.) Anyway, the key name being mentioned in return is Patrik Berglund, who needs a new contract after making $3.2M last season. There are differing opinions on him. He's bounced a bit from centre to wing and has this weird career history of strong production in odd-numbered seasons (eg. 2012-2013, which is a good omen for next year) but lower totals in even ones (2013-14).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Spezza is a follower with world class talent.  There is nothing wrong with that but in Ottawa he was just about as poor a fit as possible for a young team looking to their vets to help them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I see Spezza killing it in Anaheim personally. He's got all the talent needed and now he got a wake up call on being a leader. If he goes there itll be a match made I heaven. Stlouis is way more of a question mark.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

More info on the Hoffman signing:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=723467

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/penguins-for-now-have-just-one-pick-among-the-first-112-draft-selections/65968/

Ottawa has 'keen interest' in James Neal.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/penguins-for-now-have-just-one-pick-among-the-first-112-draft-selections/65968/

Can't imagine what we'd give up for him?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Neal has gone from underrated to overrated in very quick order.  Not sure what the Sens would be willing to part with for Neal either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/penguins-for-now-have-just-one-pick-among-the-first-112-draft-selections/65968/

Can't imagine what we'd give up for him?

No idea. I used to really like him, but he's become the king of all dirty players. I assume we'd have to give up a lot of prospects and at one good roster player.

Don't see how it makes sense.

That said, I could see Ottawa making a huge trade aside from the Spezza deal. It's about that time where we have a lot of young tweeners and no real top line guys other than Ryan and Turris. It might be time to look at making a heck of a big trade to land a decent sized winger.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I could totally get behind this if it meant not giving up our future. Picks I don't mind right now. We need a few wingers that can do the job. Depending on what spezza lands us that could be a solid deal to add to our team. Another guy capable of scoring 30 goals each year

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of former Ottawa players, Dominik Hasek has been inducted into the HHoF. Congratulations to the Adductorator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum