GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
22_4_ever
The Silfer Server
asq2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hoags
spader
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
SDH89
dennycrane
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
NEELY
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt he sits as well. Too many prospects and tweeners, need to offer them up to someone at or near the cap for a good player. Plus, our top 9 isn't good enough yet.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I doubt he sits as well.  Too many prospects and tweeners, need to offer them up to someone at or near the cap for a good player. Plus, our top 9 isn't good enough yet.  

I don't know, last year Murray thought that Cowen + Wiercioch9on his offside) with 1.5 years of NHL experience between them was a legit 2nd pairing.

This year this lineup might be it because they will "work harder" than last year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I doubt he sits as well.  Too many prospects and tweeners, need to offer them up to someone at or near the cap for a good player. Plus, our top 9 isn't good enough yet.  

I don't know, last year Murray thought that Cowen + Wiercioch9on his offside) with 1.5 years of NHL experience between them was a legit 2nd pairing.

This year this lineup might be it because they will "work harder" than last year.

There is a difference though, this year all 4 lines will be coming back hard. Don't see any floaters on this roster.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#peskysens

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

How are you guys feeling about the signing of MacArthur & Ryan?

I would assume some of the contracts yesterday are now going to be the benchmarks to get them signed?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i wouldn't sign Macarthur if he wants over 4.5-5. Ridiculous.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

4.5 x 5 would probably be fair for MacArthur. Term is probably more important in his case.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like him but people have overrated him big time based on his hard work etc. The same people who say that hard working players don't matter, only talent, but i digress.

He has to show another season of that for me to commit. He has never had a long term deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:i wouldn't sign Macarthur if he wants over 4.5-5. Ridiculous.

Uh, yes you sign him for 4.5.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alright, but I'm seeing people (doom and gloom) think he will command 6, which I would not do personally.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Alright, but I'm seeing people (doom and gloom) think he will command 6, which I would not do personally.

How many guys got 6 yesterday? 2?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Alright, but I'm seeing people (doom and gloom) think he will command 6, which I would not do personally.

How many guys got 6 yesterday?  2?  

yeah it's just idiots being dramatic as usual.

People think because Bolland got 5.5 or Vrbata got 5, that Ryan should get 8-9.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If Ryan and MacArthur each get a 25% raise they earn approx. 6.5 and 4.3 respectively. This is about where I see them coming in.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:If Ryan and MacArthur each get a 25% raise they earn approx. 6.5 and 4.3 respectively. This is about where I see them coming in.

With Ottawa? "Probably not."

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:i wouldn't sign Macarthur if he wants over 4.5-5. Ridiculous.

Uh, yes you sign him for 4.5.

That's probably pretty close to market value.

Fulcrum

Fulcrum
Rookie
Rookie

I don't think that pricetag is ridiculous. MacArthur was a big deal for us last year. I would go as far as to say he should be our next captain over any previously mentioned guys.....he lead by example all season.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:If Ryan and MacArthur each get a 25% raise they earn approx. 6.5 and 4.3 respectively. This is about where I see them coming in.

We'll see but I think MacArthur will indeed take a little more term vs money.  Fact is his type of game will translate well going into his 30's as it is just hard work and hockey sense, nothing fancy about the way he plays.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, like the idea of Legwand as well... need some experience in that room.  Not sure the price tag or if the spot in general is open...

Right now it looks like this up front

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/Zibanejad/Chaisson
Hoffman/trade,ufa(Lazar?)/Stone
Greening/Smith/Neil
Pageau/Condra

Plain as day... they need another forward, probably 2 going into the season.  Depending on who the snag via trade I think it's a pretty good idea to nab a 3rd line center like Legwand if they can't get it back in a deal.

Last edited by NEELY on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum