GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
22_4_ever
The Silfer Server
asq2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hoags
spader
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
SDH89
dennycrane
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
NEELY
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/penguins-for-now-have-just-one-pick-among-the-first-112-draft-selections/65968/

Ottawa has 'keen interest' in James Neal.

Can't imagine what we'd give up for him?

No idea. I used to really like him, but he's become the king of all dirty players. I assume we'd have to give up a lot of prospects and at one good roster player.

Don't see how it makes sense.

That said, I could see Ottawa making a huge trade aside from the Spezza deal. It's about that time where we have a lot of young tweeners and no real top line guys other than Ryan and Turris. It might be time to look at making a heck of a big trade to land a decent sized winger.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I could totally get behind this if it meant not giving up our future. Picks I don't mind right now. We need a few wingers that can do the job. Depending on what spezza lands us that could be a solid deal to add to our team. Another guy capable of scoring 30 goals each year

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of former Ottawa players, Dominik Hasek has been inducted into the HHoF. Congratulations to the Adductorator.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Neal has gone from underrated to overrated in very quick order.  Not sure what the Sens would be willing to part with for Neal either.

Question is, what would the Pens add to Neal to acquire Statspadzza?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I mean...it couldn't get worse than Spezza not giving a crap about any system.  That was the craziest Dung I've ever seen.  System?  What system?  I just wanna score goals!

ok this is kind of ridiculous lol. It's good that he's leaving but let's not just go all hyperbolic.

I still like Spezza and probably always will, but that was a terrible showing as captain.

That was a terrible showing by the team. Melnyk, Murray, MacLean, Spezza, Anderson, Neillips, Lehner, Greening, Condra, Michalek, Smith and, yes, even Karlsson. Name me one player (besides the top line and call-ups) that played to the level that was expected of them.

I think this is the absolute worst time to give the reins to Karlsson because there is a good chance it will get worse before it gets better. Half the season might be spent undoing all the wrongs of the last 12 months. Moving Spezza is hardly even the beginning.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Not only that but guys like backes will not put up with lazy play.  As quennville said, his leaders don't need to be told what to do, they show up and work hard and demand the same from everyone else.

That's a bunch of hyperbole. You take a look at Quenneville and then look me in the eye and tell me he's never had to yell at his players at practice or during intermissions. Little sound bits are nice but that's all they are.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Not only that but guys like backes will not put up with lazy play.  As quennville said, his leaders don't need to be told what to do, they show up and work hard and demand the same from everyone else.

That's a bunch of hyperbole.  You take a look at Quenneville and then look me in the eye and tell me he's never had to yell at his players at practice or during intermissions.  Little sound bits are nice but that's all they are.

Yelling in practice vs yelling at your leaders are different things.  I don't believe Quinville has ever had to mention anything about the system, work ethic, or anything else to Toews or Keith.  Simple put Chicago wins because of their leadership and guys playing the right way, same with the Kings and Bruins.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:

That's a bunch of hyperbole.  You take a look at Quenneville and then look me in the eye and tell me he's never had to yell at his players at practice or during intermissions.  Little sound bits are nice but that's all they are.

Yelling in practice vs yelling at your leaders are different things.  I don't believe Quinville has ever had to mention anything about the system, work ethic, or anything else to Toews or Keith.  Simple put Chicago wins because of their leadership and guys playing the right way, same with the Kings and Bruins.

I don't believe in the perfect player. Every one has warts.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:

I don't believe in the perfect player
. Every one has warts.
so?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i could see the pitts being interested in methot. they're losing orpik and niskanen. i would say they might be interested in cowen or weir but they have a bunch of NHL d-man prospect waiting to make the jump so they might want someone with more experience to make that jump. I asume they'd be asking for Pumpel or stone also, probably whatever 1st comes in in the spezza trade. they also have lots of forwards leaving although they might be interested in a guy like greening his price tag would be too high for the budget they have.
hard to tell if what a final deal could be but there's for sure a deal there.
plus is rutherford. he's got a relationship with BM.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All James Neal does is score goals. Sign me up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

He may have to motivate them during intermissions from time to time, but that's sports. You could have the best team in the world and face the worst team in the world and still look silly from time to time.

This has everything to do with Spezza and it's not hyperbole. Coaches lean on their captains to relay their messages and make sure the system is run to perfection. If the captain doesn't bother buying into the system, why the heck would some of the other players bother? If the captain is not only buying in, but making sure other players aren't cheating in practice and in games, the team suddenly becomes a well oiled machine.

Your captains should come to the rink completely prepared to work and to show other players that this is what it takes to win. What Spezza did is focus on himself and rehabbing his back - that's fine, but you shouldn't be captain when it's clear the effort isn't there on the ice. You want people to follow that lead? That's not really how it works.

I've said before and I'll say again that anyone can lead in a locker room, but when you have a captain that doesn't prepare and doesn't execute, the wheels fall off pretty quick.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:All James Neal does is score goals. Sign me up.

macarthur turris ryan
neil stastny oshie

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

macarthur turris ryan
neil stastny oshie

First of all...you don't want Chris Neil on the LW of line 2, do you?  Sarcasm 

2nd, you're setting yourself up for disappointment again.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:18. There's a lot of linkage between Spezza and St. Louis, which makes a ton of sense. I asked four execs to name the one trade they think will happen, and Spezza to St. Louis got three votes. (This, of course, means it won't occur. Eric Staal would also look great in a Blues jersey, if Carolina wanted to do that.) Anyway, the key name being mentioned in return is Patrik Berglund, who needs a new contract after making $3.2M last season. There are differing opinions on him. He's bounced a bit from centre to wing and has this weird career history of strong production in odd-numbered seasons (eg. 2012-2013, which is a good omen for next year) but lower totals in even ones (2013-14).

Berglund has a severe shoulder injury. I don't want the Sens to do a trade for him. He may need surgery and if that is the case he may not even be ready to start the season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
Ev wrote:18. There's a lot of linkage between Spezza and St. Louis, which makes a ton of sense. I asked four execs to name the one trade they think will happen, and Spezza to St. Louis got three votes. (This, of course, means it won't occur. Eric Staal would also look great in a Blues jersey, if Carolina wanted to do that.) Anyway, the key name being mentioned in return is Patrik Berglund, who needs a new contract after making $3.2M last season. There are differing opinions on him. He's bounced a bit from centre to wing and has this weird career history of strong production in odd-numbered seasons (eg. 2012-2013, which is a good omen for next year) but lower totals in even ones (2013-14).

Berglund has a severe shoulder injury.  I don't want the Sens to do a trade for him.  He may need surgery and if that is the case he may not even be ready to start the season.

Yeah, I read it might be a 4 month recovery somewhere, that's not optimum at all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Might be time to change the avatar if it's gonna be 4 months of recovery time.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

macarthur turris ryan
neil stastny oshie

First of all...you don't want Chris Neil on the LW of line 2, do you?  Sarcasm 

2nd, you're setting yourself up for disappointment again.

I'm not saying it would happen, but i'd back a move to make it happen. an d why wouldn't it if they are trying to move him?

you have to imagine they are expecting a similiar deal then what Bobby Rye got. a good NHL player, a good prospect and a 1st rounder?
Pitts is loosing big time on defense this summer. methot at 3 mill, pumpel and the 1st we'll hopefully get in the spezza trade? maybe add another mid prospect or hoffman to that list if you must.

i don't see how it's impossible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum