GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sabres @ Sens

+13
Hoags
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
NEELY
Hobiesens
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

91GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:29 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

On the Gryba fight:

http://www.bonksmullet.com/2013/12/photoshop-battle-eric-gryba.html

92GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anyone have any doubts who the best center in Ottawa is at this point? Put anyone with Turris and his game doesn't change and he gets the same production. Guy is a legit #1 in the NHL.

93GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

More importantly, the sens have bucked the trend of winning one and losing two. That goes a long way and to earn points in 4 straight games is a big boost. 2-0-2 record moved them up like 3 spots. Imagine if they could actually put a proper winning streak together...

That said, that was an ugly game last night. I wonder if the flu bug is catching up to the sens, even Bobby Ryan who had an outstanding game last night played barely over 11 mins. If not, it's pretty sad that Craig Anderson had to bail out the sens last night against the worst team in the league.

94GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:19 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Home stretch will help here... Kings are coming off 2 wins in a row on a road trip and I suspect they might come out flat tomorrow for what amounts to an 11 am game for them. If the Sens can bounce back from that performance last night and play even with the Kings they can pull out 2 points.

95GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:How will they NOT win this game?

Even if the D sucks.

Didnt see the game but from the highlights Anderson had to steal one so...

They may have the worst record, but they are not the worst team.  They are not playing  two (or was it three?) teenagers in the lineup, they are playing for a coach that is very popular with players, and they are playing a very different type of hockey.  Plus the bar has not just been lowered but dropped to the freaking floor, so they are playing with no pressure.

How many players in Buffalo are better than Karlsson, Turris and Ryan? It shouldn`t be close.

96GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:29 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the flu bug is biting the team, the timing couldn't be worse.

That said, we've been very lucky injury-wise so far this year.

97GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:34 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:How will they NOT win this game?

Even if the D sucks.

Didnt see the game but from the highlights Anderson had to steal one so...

They may have the worst record, but they are not the worst team.  They are not playing  two (or was it three?) teenagers in the lineup, they are playing for a coach that is very popular with players, and they are playing a very different type of hockey.  Plus the bar has not just been lowered but dropped to the freaking floor, so they are playing with no pressure.

How many players in Buffalo are better than Karlsson, Turris and Ryan? It shouldn`t be close.

If the entire team has the flu and came out with 6 of 8 points in the last 4 games, can't really complain. Team is playing better and Anderson looks to be finding his game as well, it's something to build on while getting results.

98GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:39 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the issue here might be that the flu bug is just beginning.

99GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll I guess but fact of the matter is the Sens are in striking distance still, lots of divisional games left, and everyone has been a little bit better than they were a month ago. Time for moral victories are gone obviously but results are results and getting 6 of 8 over the course of a week? Can't ask for much more.

100GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:05 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ya big picture I dont have any issues. This conference is so weak, can you imagine if we beat the Leafs in regulation last saturday? We would be tied for the wild card spot.
We win one of those next 2 games, it's gonna be good for confidence.
The best part about this team is that even when we suck bad, the team morale and general feeling in the dressing room doesn't seem to be that bad. Compared to the Hartsburg days, it's not even close. The effort is always there every night. Man that year was like a Walking Dead season

101GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Ya big picture I dont have any issues. This conference is so weak, can you imagine if we beat the Leafs in regulation last saturday? We would be tied for the wild card spot.
We win one of those next 2 games, it's gonna be good for confidence.
The best part about this team is that even when we suck bad, the team morale and general feeling in the dressing room doesn't seem to be that bad. Compared to the Hartsburg days, it's not even close. The effort is always there every night. Man that year was like a Walking Dead season

Must be Spezza's leadership!

102GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:11 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza is probably pretty good in the room actually. It's his on ice body language that is pathetic.

103GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:21 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My wife often refers to me as "good in the room".

104GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:My wife often refers to me as "good in the room".
Bathroom?

Hey-O!

105GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:28 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

She didn't specify which room. I always thought she meant the living room. Like I'm good at TV and stuff.

106GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:47 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Had a feeling Phillips and Grybawful were on the PK when Ennis was allowed to just walk out in front of the net. Sure enough wasn't disappointed.

You just know your D is inconsistent/bad when a teenager comes up from the AHL for his 1st NHL game and plays better than most of them.

107GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:54 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

There was also a breakaway I saw in the highlights where a Sabre player just walked around Gryba who was standing still at the blue line...
He's just awful.

108GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:55 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:Had a feeling Phillips and Grybawful were on the PK when Ennis was allowed to just walk out in front of the net.  Sure enough wasn't disappointed.

You just know your D is inconsistent/bad when a teenager comes up from the AHL for his 1st NHL game and plays better than most of them.
He's only a teenager for 8 more days.  Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum