GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sabres @ Sens

+13
Hoags
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
NEELY
Hobiesens
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:47 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Had a feeling Phillips and Grybawful were on the PK when Ennis was allowed to just walk out in front of the net. Sure enough wasn't disappointed.

You just know your D is inconsistent/bad when a teenager comes up from the AHL for his 1st NHL game and plays better than most of them.

107GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:54 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

There was also a breakaway I saw in the highlights where a Sabre player just walked around Gryba who was standing still at the blue line...
He's just awful.

108GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:55 pm

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:Had a feeling Phillips and Grybawful were on the PK when Ennis was allowed to just walk out in front of the net.  Sure enough wasn't disappointed.

You just know your D is inconsistent/bad when a teenager comes up from the AHL for his 1st NHL game and plays better than most of them.
He's only a teenager for 8 more days.  Sarcasm

109GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:22 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Gryba (who I like) won't be in Ottawa much longer. Ceci is more than ready next year.

110GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner
Bobby Ryan on getting sub-12 minutes of ice time vs Buff. "I thought I must've kicked Mac's dog or something." Ryan had 2 pts

OK WTF is with MacLean this year????????

111GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Home stretch will help here... Kings are coming off 2 wins in a row on a road trip and I suspect they might come out flat tomorrow for what amounts to an 11 am game for them.  If the Sens can bounce back from that performance last night and play even with the Kings they can pull out 2 points.

Kings last played in the West a week ago (Dec. 8). Assuming they traveled to Montreal on the 9th, they will have had 4 four nights in the Eastern time zone. I remember a trip to Europe where I was fine the first three days and then the jet lag hit me like a ton of bricks. Going back West was a very different story. So, yeah, the Kings could very well lay an egg tomorrow. And even if they don't, if Anderson plays like he did last night the Sens will be in good shape.

112GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:10 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't tell me the Kings won't be good. One of the best coached teams in the league.

113GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LA totally dominated the Leafs last night and made them look silly. They are gonna be a very tough match. We're gonna have to catch them on an off day and hope that Matrix  is in full on BEASTMODE!!!!!

114GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Bobby Ryan on getting sub-12 minutes of ice time vs Buff. "I thought I must've kicked Mac's dog or something." Ryan had 2 pts

I don't give a Diddle about his Jack Adams trophy. If it's a choice between Ryan and Mac, it's not close.

115GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:53 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Don't tell me the Kings won't be good.  One of the best coached teams in the league.  

Kings are no different than anyone else, every team has let down games and this one would look like it could potentially be one. If they beat the Sens 6-0 I wouldn't be shocked but if they the Sens beat them fairly easily on Saturday the fact they have had a very successful road trip thus far going into an afternoon game would be the reason why.

116GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:56 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:F'ing 2pm game on Saturday.  Next Saturday too, against Phoenix.  F. That.

The Leafs and CBC control Saturday nights this season.

The Sens have exactly 3 Saturday night games at home all season. Two of those are against the Leafs... the other against the Bruins.

The Sens have a crappy schedule this season...

117GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:58 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Home stretch will help here... Kings are coming off 2 wins in a row on a road trip and I suspect they might come out flat tomorrow for what amounts to an 11 am game for them.  If the Sens can bounce back from that performance last night and play even with the Kings they can pull out 2 points.

When the Sens played them in LA in October.. they lost in OT on a PP goal. Actually 3 of the 4 LA goals were on the PP...

If the Sens can get a point tomorrow that would be awesome. Two will be some kind of a miracle..

118GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:01 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:

McLean mentioned in the post game.. that Ryan doesn't play the PK.. and maybe that's why his minutes were down...

But again... it could be the flu... Who knows...

119GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:F'ing 2pm game on Saturday.  Next Saturday too, against Phoenix.  F. That.

The Leafs and CBC control Saturday nights this season.

The Sens have exactly 3 Saturday night games at home all season.  Two of those are against the Leafs... the other against the Bruins.

The Sens have a crappy schedule this season...

From what I understand the Sens did that on purpose so that they could cash in on some local TV rights revenue. If they had their games in the evening then it's CBC that owns the rights already.

- Unknown Author

120GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Gryba (who I like) won't be in Ottawa much longer.  Ceci is more than ready next year.
well it's just a numbers game at this point. with boro, phillips, ceci, methot. karlsson, cowen and wier.... and then gryba, you have to think someone is getting moved before next september.

121GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:How will they NOT win this game?

Even if the D sucks.

Didnt see the game but from the highlights Anderson had to steal one so...

They may have the worst record, but they are not the worst team.  They are not playing  two (or was it three?) teenagers in the lineup, they are playing for a coach that is very popular with players, and they are playing a very different type of hockey.  Plus the bar has not just been lowered but dropped to the freaking floor, so they are playing with no pressure.

How many players in Buffalo are better than Karlsson, Turris and Ryan? It shouldn`t be close.

Karlsson has been playing like crap the last couple games. He might have the flu. Pierre mentioned (yesterday?) how in the game at Buffalo Phillips had more icetime than Karlsson. Something's not quite right there.

Buffalo is also playing loosey-goosey, as Grapes likes to say. No pressure on them.

122GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought Conacher has played a lot better since sitting for that game.

123GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:33 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Kings last played in the West a week ago (Dec. 8).  Assuming they traveled to Montreal on the 9th, they will have had 4 four nights in the Eastern time zone.  I remember a trip to Europe where I was fine the first three days and then the jet lag hit me like a ton of bricks.  Going back West was a very different story.  So, yeah, the Kings could very well lay an egg tomorrow. And even if they don't, if Anderson plays like he did last night the Sens will be in good shape.

"Kings could very well lay an egg tomorrow"

Nope.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum