GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sabres @ Sens

+13
Hoags
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
NEELY
Hobiesens
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:19 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Yeah he should have been sent down, he wasn't doing anything. He needed to regain the confidence and play a lot of minutes.

Next up will be Stone #clapbomb

Michalek
Greening
Conacher
Cowen
Condra

They weren't doing much, either.

What do you think the difference there is? Come on...

17GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:22 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Pageau, Pageau-Pageau-Pageau!
Paaa-geau, Paaa-geau!

Rumour is he's been recalled.  But nothing confirmed yet.

Would be nice if it's true, but given that the only current source if HF Boards....

Oh, yeah?

Hobiesens wrote:Pageau called up....

Ottawa Senators        ✔ @Senators

News Release: #Sens recall forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau from Binghamton (AHL): http://ottsens.com/1hOILvV

I have divining powers, I can even tell which HFBoards rumours are true. I know all. I see all. Unfortunately I also smell all.

18GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:24 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Yeah he should have been sent down, he wasn't doing anything. He needed to regain the confidence and play a lot of minutes.

Like I said it was more of a team problem then a Pageau problem and the best place for him was certainly Bingo. I didn't think he played himself off the team by any stretch.

19GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Michalek
Greening
Conacher
Cowen
Condra

What do you think the difference there is?  Come on...

They were trying to send a message (Pageau and Zibanejad) using the means at their disposal -- specifically, guys on 2-way contracts who didn't need to clear waivers. It backfired on them because the message received was "You will get sent down when you are clearly not the worst, just because you are on a 2-way and don't have to clear waivers, so if you are on a one-way or if you are not waiver-exempt, don't worry, you're here for life."

20GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Michalek
Greening
Conacher
Cowen
Condra

They were trying to send a message (Pageau and Zibanejad) using the means at their disposal -- specifically, guys on 2-way contracts who didn't need to clear waivers.  It backfired on them because the message received was "You will get sent down when you are clearly not the worst, just because you are on a 2-way and don't have to clear waivers, so if you are on a one-way or if you are not waiver-exempt, don't worry, you're here for life."

Yeah, that's the bed you make for yourself sometimes. The only busts in the bunch is Michalek and Conacher anyway. Greening, Cowen, Condra deserved a fair bit of rope. Plus, you have to play Michalek, you need to hope he can get some mojo back and help Spez out a bit. Conacher...you need to play him too - your boss acquired him and probably wouldn't be thrilled if you sat him all year, nor are you waiving him (yet).

21GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Michalek
Greening
Conacher
Cowen
Condra

They were trying to send a message (Pageau and Zibanejad) using the means at their disposal -- specifically, guys on 2-way contracts who didn't need to clear waivers.  It backfired on them because the message received was "You will get sent down when you are clearly not the worst, just because you are on a 2-way and don't have to clear waivers, so if you are on a one-way or if you are not waiver-exempt, don't worry, you're here for life."

Yeah, that's the bed you make for yourself sometimes.  The only busts in the bunch is Michalek and Conacher anyway.  Greening, Cowen, Condra deserved a fair bit of rope.  Plus, you have to play Michalek, you need to hope he can get some mojo back and help Spez out a bit.  Conacher...you need to play him too - your boss acquired him and probably wouldn't be thrilled if you sat him all year, nor are you waiving him (yet).

I'm guessing he'll be sitting for Pageau tonight. Unless they decide they can live go without Kassian.

22GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:42 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Conacher was with Turris and Ryan at practice

Pageau with Greening and Neil

23GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ceci recalled too

24GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Ceci recalled too

Wow, that's a surprise.

25GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Michalek
Greening
Conacher
Cowen
Condra

Yeah, that's the bed you make for yourself sometimes.  The only busts in the bunch is Michalek and Conacher anyway.  Greening, Cowen, Condra deserved a fair bit of rope.  Plus, you have to play Michalek, you need to hope he can get some mojo back and help Spez out a bit.  Conacher...you need to play him too - your boss acquired him and probably wouldn't be thrilled if you sat him all year, nor are you waiving him (yet).

I'm guessing he'll be sitting for Pageau tonight. Unless they decide they can live go without Kassian.

I would imagine it's Kassian sitting, but I would think in the future it'll be Conacher and Kassian battling it out for playing time. I don't see the point in continuously slotting Conacher in there if he's not doing anything, but it's clearly not our call.

26GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle, it's because Methot is injured that they called up Ceci.

27GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The press better be wearing their face shields today with CeCi coming to town...

28GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would've rather seen Claesson recalled (AHL leader in +/- at +17), but am excited to see Ceci all the same. Buy tickets, should be a good game tonight!

29GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hate the ceci call up. Borowiecki would have been the more appropriate choice to replace methot.

30GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:12 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's Buffalo. It'll be OK lol

31GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:13 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Calling it now - Ceci won't be back to Bingo

32GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who's gonna play with EK?

33GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I would've rather seen Claesson recalled (AHL leader in +/- at +17), but am excited to see Ceci all the same.  Buy tickets, should be a good game tonight!

Claeson is super close but there is absolutely no need to rush him... will be an NHLer though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum