GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sabres @ Sens

+13
Hoags
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Ev
NEELY
Hobiesens
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Yes, Borowiecki was freaking great relatively speaking with the play of cowen, gryba being terrible. If you're gonna call up claesson because he makes sense as a lefty, well then boro is a lefty AND has plenty of experience at the NHL level. Saying it now, dumb move to call up ceci as a replacement for methot.

Hopefully I'm eating crow by the end of the night and sens find a way to win. And kassian may be useless, but sens record with him in the lineup is 7-2-5. Whatever it is, it's not bad.

47GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How will they NOT win this game?

Even if the D sucks.

48GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:03 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love BoroCop. I think Kassian should get more ice time (especially playing against goonie mcgoonerson John Scott), but I can't really complain about Pageau getting in the lineup, and Ceci getting a shot after putting up fantastic AHL numbers.

My only gripe is Claesson also has good numbers (leads the AHL in +/-), and would've been more lineup friendly since he's a lefty.

I'm not sure having BoroCop in the lineup over Ceci gives us a better shot at winning, to be honest, and we won't really know until we see how Ceci performs.

49GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Miller confirmed: https://twitter.com/HockeyScanner/status/411175527350038528

50GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:The one thing I don't get is calling up another righty.  That's why I say Claesson would've made more sense - he's left handed.
I don't think the player's handed-ness ever factors in here with call-ups for D. It's usually based on performance and earning the chance. Ceci has impressed. They need a D. Up he goes.

51GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:33 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The one thing I don't get is calling up another righty.  That's why I say Claesson would've made more sense - he's left handed.
I don't think the player's handed-ness ever factors in here with call-ups for D. It's usually based on performance and earning the chance. Ceci has impressed. They need a D. Up he goes.

Yeah, and I like Ceci too. Just seemed like an ideal situation for Claesson, but maybe the Murrays just don't think he's quite there yet. Regardless, I'm excited to see Ceci. Nice for him to get the callup for a home game too.

52GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Slater:

"For Sabres, Ryan Miller expected to start. Cody Hodgson out w/ lower body injury so Leino in. Weber in for McNabb."

https://twitter.com/dslatertv/status/411186340651229184

53GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Ceci - Phillips pairing tonight.

Phillips sure commands quite the salary for a babysitter.

54GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Woah.

Methot out with flu.

Ceci called up and will be in tonight.

Pagau in.

Anderson starts.

GO SENS GO!!!

Wonder why they started Andy when Lehner vs Miller was so good.

Remember Game 1?

55GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Yes, Borowiecki was freaking great relatively speaking with the play of cowen, gryba being terrible.  If you're gonna call up claesson because he makes sense as a lefty, well then boro is a lefty AND has plenty of experience at the NHL level.  Saying it now, dumb move to call up ceci as a replacement for methot.

Hopefully I'm eating crow by the end of the night and sens find a way to win.  And kassian may be useless, but sens record with him in the lineup is 7-2-5.  Whatever it is, it's not bad.

What about Ceci as a replacement for Cowen?

56GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Yeah, and I like Ceci too.  Just seemed like an ideal situation for Claesson, but maybe the Murrays just don't think he's quite there yet.  Regardless, I'm excited to see Ceci.  Nice for him to get the callup for a home game too.

Maybe Claesson's +/- is a bit like Preissing's used to be. Is he playing top minutes or on the second or third pairing?

57GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Via Slater:

"For Sabres, Ryan Miller expected to start. Cody Hodgson out w/ lower body injury so Leino in. Weber in for McNabb."

https://twitter.com/dslatertv/status/411186340651229184

There was talk of Leino getting bought out. Not sure if that translates to him playing for keeps or not caring.

58GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bring on the clapbomb.

59GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:29 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Pageau is up because they needed a centre with Zibby going to top 6..

Ceci, offensively should do okay tonight. But his defense needed a lot of work.. Let's see how Richardson did with him.

Sens know what they have with Boro.. Now time to see how Ceci is progressing..

That defense is really inexperienced with Karlsson - Wiercioch on the top pairing?? If Methot isn't back for the LA game... Mtl's 6-0 loss to them will look good..

60GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

#Clapbomb from Ceci tonight.

61GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's probably just a reward for his play so far by getting him a few extra bucks too.

wprager wrote:

So did Alfie, but we told him to take a walk.

GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 164414

62GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:41 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I told him no such thing.

63GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Page 4 Empty Re: GDT: Sabres @ Sens Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:It's probably just a reward for his play so far by getting him a few extra bucks too.

wprager wrote:

So did Alfie, but we told him to take a walk.

At those rates, no wonder my wife and I always eat in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum