GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
tim1_2
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Naw they don't want to get rid of Kreider and don't really need a centre there. Kreideris putting it together and AV really likes him.

But Spezza, Michalek, Anderson, and Conacher should all be dealt. Call up Hoffman and Da Costa and see what they can do once those two are gone.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Da Costa-Zibanejad
Greening-Grant-Condra
Kassian (lol just for the rest of the year)-Smith-Neil
I agree with giving Da Costa another shot.  There is no risk in giving him 30 games at the end of the year to see if he can actually make it.  Conacher is probably a throw in, in some trade where a team needs a body coming back.  Guy isn't an NHL player.

As for the Rangers not needing a center who can score... right now they can't score and coming closer to the deadline they may bite on someone.  NYR grabbing Spezza is 100% a typical NYR move.
can that work on NY and their cap? i'm not sure NY would do that but i'd be willing to believe sathers might explore the option. they will probably like to dump someone on us and looking at what they are shopping that's probably Delzotto. moving forward past this season that might make sense. Kreider is who you want but i'm not sure that's who they counter with. they'd try brassard but you have to counter with stepan, Del zotto and a 1st. not my ideal deal but at this point i'd be happy to be rid of spezza and stepan allows us to not bring up dacosta and maybe keep our turris line as our first and use a stepan, zib, hoffman line.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If they Sens trade Spezza to NYR they are taking a winger back for sure and that will probably be Karl Hagelin IMO. Moving Spezza would have to be a hockey trade, not a trade where you are getting picks and prospects back in hope of them turning out.

The Sens need a winger, the Sens need a D man, and the Sens could use a 1st round pick to save face this season.

Del Zotto, Hagelin/Kreider, and a 1st rounder would be decent value for Spezza at this point. Deadline time NYR can fit that under their cap no problem.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can't deal SPezza's PPG without getting the equivalent PPG back.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:You can't deal SPezza's PPG without getting the equivalent PPG back.
This... just this!

You sir will not be beat today.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If they Sens trade Spezza to NYR they are taking a winger back for sure and that will probably be Karl Hagelin IMO.  Moving Spezza would have to be a hockey trade, not a trade where you are getting picks and prospects back in hope of them turning out.

The Sens need a winger, the Sens need a D man, and the Sens could use a 1st round pick to save face this season.

Del Zotto, Hagelin/Kreider, and a 1st rounder would be decent value for Spezza at this point.  Deadline time NYR can fit that under their cap no problem.
I know that's what you want back but i'm not sure that's what they want to send back... they want to upgrade on C and by doing that they'll want to send a C back to us. Del Zotto paired with a very sound Dman might be able a good fit on the 2nd pairing next year. that would leave us still trying to trade or sign for a R handed Dman in the off season... there's a few out there. with Ceci coming close maybe next year that opens up maybe few trade scenario maybe for wier+ if you have to for a righty

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wow they sent down Boroweicki and Grant, lol. This is a desperation move and nothing short of it because Hoffman coming up will not spark the Sens... That said perhaps this free's up a roster spot for a D man coming in via trade.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gets them out of a losing environment and into a top team in Bingo.

Grant was good but I don't mind sending him down to pot some more goals and points to get his confidence up.

I think they liked what they saw from Corvo.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Wow they sent down Boroweicki and Grant, lol.  This is a desperation move and nothing short of it because Hoffman coming up will not spark the Sens... That said perhaps this free's up a roster spot for a D man coming in via trade.
Showcasing?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Grant was playing well defensively but no offense.  Boro makes this team a lot worse going down.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Also, Grant and BoroCop don't need waivers to go up and down. Limited moves available...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think it makes it worse. He wasn't doing a ton either.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, there really is no reason to have 8 d men on the roster, no question. That said Boroweicki has out played Cowen, Wiercioch, Gryba... kind of unfair but he's on a 1 way next year and won't be going anywhere.

Grant, meh, that won't hurt anything in Ottawa (obviously) and he isn't a cure all that's for sure. Good player, might be an every day NHLer at some point... he will help Bingo though no question.

Anyways, you just hope this leads to a trade for a guy like Del Zotto or something.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh is Hoffman coming up?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Pretty quiet in here after that season killing loss.  
Quiet?!?! Like a FOX!!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:I don't think it makes it worse. He wasn't doing a ton either.
Disagree. Better than everyone except Methot, Karlsson and maybe Phillips. Twice as good as Cowen.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:I don't think it makes it worse. He wasn't doing a ton either.
I mean when you are losing you are losing, doesn't matter if you lose 20 in a row 2-1... it's still a 20 game losing streak so Borowiecki leaving doesn't really hurt per say. I think everyone can agree that he did bring something the team sorely lacked throughout the lineup and that was some jam and attitude, problem is no one in the lineup cared and it obviously wasn't contagious.

Until the vets are moved out they are basically reshuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Like who cares haha

NEELY

Mod
Mod

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/12/01/ottawa-senators-jason-spezza-know-he-has-to-shoot-more

Oh man, it's starting to pick up steam man lol. That train is headed right for the city of ugly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cussing A its Hoffman time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum