GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
tim1_2
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I'm sure you have seen the previous two videos by these Sens fans... but here is the latest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzxj1eCcb4g

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:I'm sure you have seen the previous two videos by these Sens fans... but here is the latest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzxj1eCcb4g
omg that was painful to hear... urghhh such bad music

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

What are yuou talking about, the Backstreet boys are awesome Naughty 

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Read a comment on Hockeybuzz that said HNIC is reporting Tim Murray is a candidate for the GM job in Buffalo.

I hope not... he is suppose to follow Bryan..

But then again maybe he wants to run a team that doesn't have a budget like the Sens do.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Murrays have built a foundation, but they are probably not the ones to bring us to the promised land.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

One day Doug Wilson will.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

so 39 games into his Ottawa Senator career Cory Conacher now has 4 goals and 10 points. Guy works hard no question but I think it's pretty safe to say he is barely an NHL player at this point and even that's a stretch. Like everything else in Ottawa this year things have to play out but that's a guy you could trade and the team wouldn't miss a beat.

Moving onto Spezza... guy isn't going to make it to next year. Fans have already turned on him and I think last night was just the beginning of the chanting and booing at him. If he was out there doing something other than taking up space on the ice right now he might get more rope but he's been pretty bad. Not to mention that fact that he's coming in after Aflie which was something that didn't really have a chance of working out on that fact alone. The longer this season goes and the more loses that pile up things are going to get worse. Trade him when the right offer comes along because there is no way the Sens win a cup with Spezza and if winning the cup isn't the goal then what's the point? Can people honestly tell me the Sens have a chance at winning a cup with him? If the answer is no then there is no point in having him in Ottawa, you can finish last with anyone.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

At the end of the day I think 1 thing has become very apparent and obvious, the Sens are 100% Karlsson's team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:so 39 games into his Ottawa Senator career Cory Conacher now has 4 goals and 10 points.  Guy works hard no question but I think it's pretty safe to say he is barely an NHL player at this point and even that's a stretch.  Like everything else in Ottawa this year things have to play out but that's a guy you could trade and the team wouldn't miss a beat.

Moving onto Spezza... guy isn't going to make it to next year.  Fans have already turned on him and I think last night was just the beginning of the chanting and booing at him.  If he was out there doing something other than taking up space on the ice right now he might get more rope but he's been pretty bad.  Not to mention that fact that he's coming in after Aflie which was something that didn't really have a chance of working out on that fact alone.  The longer this season goes and the more loses that pile up things are going to get worse.  Trade him when the right offer comes along because there is no way the Sens win a cup with Spezza and if winning the cup isn't the goal then what's the point?  Can people honestly tell me the Sens have a chance at winning a cup with him?  If the answer is no then there is no point in having him in Ottawa, you can finish last with anyone.
The answer is no, they won't win with him most likely. He still has trade value and especially at the deadline when teams are desperate and would probably overpay to get their hands on a supposed #1 center to maybe slide in at #2.
Will it happen? I freaking doubt it. That's a hard convo to start up with management trying to move your captain. Are the Murray's capable of doing it? Maybe... I truly wish they are able to stay as GM and asst with us to a cup, at this point it's more about can Melnyk provide us to one.
All these years of drafting to fall short of providing the final pieces. I'll freaking hate him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The time to move Spezza will for sure be at the deadline. Once again you look no further than the Rangers for the team that just screams for Jason Spezza. They want and need a center so desperatly to play with Nash right now it isn't even funny.

Can you get Kreider out of NYR? My guess is no but that's the player you go for if you want a decent return. Maybe you can snag a combo of Hagelin and Miller? Del Zotto perhaps thrown in there? The 1st rounder from NYR is 100% added in any trade as well.

At the end of the day if a trade looked like this for the Sens...

Del Zotto, Kreider, 1st

for Spezza and another body

I doubt Spezza can get that back but we'll see.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Naw they don't want to get rid of Kreider and don't really need a centre there. Kreideris putting it together and AV really likes him.

But Spezza, Michalek, Anderson, and Conacher should all be dealt. Call up Hoffman and Da Costa and see what they can do once those two are gone.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Da Costa-Zibanejad
Greening-Grant-Condra
Kassian (lol just for the rest of the year)-Smith-Neil

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Naw they don't want to get rid of Kreider and don't really need a centre there. Kreideris putting it together and AV really likes him.

But Spezza, Michalek, Anderson, and Conacher should all be dealt. Call up Hoffman and Da Costa and see what they can do once those two are gone.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Grant-Condra
I agree with giving Da Costa another shot.  There is no risk in giving him 30 games at the end of the year to see if he can actually make it.  Conacher is probably a throw in, in some trade where a team needs a body coming back. Guy isn't an NHL player.

As for the Rangers not needing a center who can score... right now they can't score and coming closer to the deadline they may bite on someone.  NYR grabbing Spezza is 100% a typical NYR move.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pretty quiet in here after that season killing loss.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle you NEELY Spezza is a a PPG player

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Diddle you NEELY Spezza is a a PPG player
Check mate... I have underestimated your debating skills.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Naw they don't want to get rid of Kreider and don't really need a centre there. Kreideris putting it together and AV really likes him.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Greening-Grant-Condra
I agree with giving Da Costa another shot.  There is no risk in giving him 30 games at the end of the year to see if he can actually make it.  Conacher is probably a throw in, in some trade where a team needs a body coming back.  Guy isn't an NHL player.

As for the Rangers not needing a center who can score... right now they can't score and coming closer to the deadline they may bite on someone.  NYR grabbing Spezza is 100% a typical NYR move.
can that work on NY and their cap? i'm not sure NY would do that but i'd be willing to believe sathers might explore the option. they will probably like to dump someone on us and looking at what they are shopping that's probably Delzotto. moving forward past this season that might make sense. Kreider is who you want but i'm not sure that's who they counter with. they'd try brassard but you have to counter with stepan, Del zotto and a 1st. not my ideal deal but at this point i'd be happy to be rid of spezza and stepan allows us to not bring up dacosta and maybe keep our turris line as our first and use a stepan, zib, hoffman line.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If they Sens trade Spezza to NYR they are taking a winger back for sure and that will probably be Karl Hagelin IMO. Moving Spezza would have to be a hockey trade, not a trade where you are getting picks and prospects back in hope of them turning out.

The Sens need a winger, the Sens need a D man, and the Sens could use a 1st round pick to save face this season.

Del Zotto, Hagelin/Kreider, and a 1st rounder would be decent value for Spezza at this point. Deadline time NYR can fit that under their cap no problem.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can't deal SPezza's PPG without getting the equivalent PPG back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum