GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ San Jose Sharks - 10:00pm - Sat. Oct. 12, 2013.

+10
NEELY
LeCaptain
wprager
garblar
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Bramlet07
tim1_2
spader
Ev
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

4 in a row btw...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
Other points:
1. Face offs are a concern.  Pageau is sub-30% and has taken the 3rd most draws on this team.

2. Michalek needs a demotion.

3. Put 1 and 2 together, and move Pageau up to the top line.

4. #FreeMika.  That would give us Spezza, Turris, Smith, Zibanejad down the middle.  I think we could win 40-45% that way.  No way they do that for today's game, no time (unless Melnyk still has a private jet stashed away somewhere).

Before the game I said the Sharks would destroy us.  I also wondered if Lehner would give us a chance.  Was right on both accounts.  Best players deserve to pay, so Lehner *should* get the start against Anaheim.  
Should've listened to me. Right now the team is extremely vulnerable. Giving up a goal on the 1st shot is brutal (although didn't Lehner do that too?) If the Sens cal get through 5-10 minutes against Phoenix unscathed they'll start to turn this around. But there are still things to fix:
1. Get Michalek off the top line. Not Bobby. Milo!
2. Get Pageau away from Neil/Condra -- that's Smith's spot. Move Pageau up to the top line wing to replace Michalek.
3. Bring Mika back.

Pageau-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Greening-Zibanejad-Michalek
Condra-Smith-Neil

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:4 in a row btw...
3 in a row for Bobby.  Just sayin'

Welcome back, btw.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Turris is out FO leader with 104 attempts;44%. Out best is Smith with 55%, but he's only taken 54 draws. Spezza is respectable at nearly 54%. Pageau and Da Costa should not be centers.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:4 in a row btw...
3 in a row for Bobby.  Just sayin'

Welcome back, btw.
Still 4 in a row...

Thanks.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

So many conclusions drawn in here based on 3-4 games Laugh1

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Way too early to say anything. Although they Cussing suck right now, except for goaltending.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:So many conclusions drawn in here based on 3-4 games Laugh1

Don't forget we already played Buffalo. Worst team in the league ad we still allowed them 35 shots.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hell no to Zibanejad. Let him get the hunger fully back and let him produce for 20 games first. Milo and Pageau on line 3, move Greening up and start playing defence.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Hell no to Zibanejad.  Let him get the hunger fully back and let him produce for 20 games first.  Milo and Pageau on line 3, move Greening up and start playing defence.  
but for once you have to agree that prags line combos actually look pretty good

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Hell no to Zibanejad.  Let him get the hunger fully back and let him produce for 20 games first.  Milo and Pageau on line 3, move Greening up and start playing defence.  
We'll be fine once we get the heck out of the West. Calling up Z now defeats the purpose of teaching him a long term lesson. But until December at the earliest IMO unless there's an injury to a C. Besides, what has Da Costa done wrong? It's not his fault that he's playing on the fourth line.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
We'll be fine once we get the heck out of the West. Calling up Z now defeats the purpose of teaching him a long term lesson.  But until December at the earliest IMO unless there's an injury to a C.  Besides, what has Da Costa done wrong?  It's not his fault that he's playing on the fourth line.  
well i can't say ive watched much of the games so far but it seems from what i can gather that he hasn't really help produce much either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
We'll be fine once we get the heck out of the West. Calling up Z now defeats the purpose of teaching him a long term lesson.  But until December at the earliest IMO unless there's an injury to a C.  Besides, what has Da Costa done wrong?  It's not his fault that he's playing on the fourth line.  
well i can't say ive watched much of the games so far but it seems from what i can gather that he hasn't really help produce much either.
Playing with Neil and Smith can make Spezza look like a scrub though. If they're just gonna use him as a 4th liner, I would imagine someone like Grant or Robinson can be more effective.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Can't win a faceoff, can't pick up the correct man in the D zone, not creating a thing. Same for Pageau.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Can't win a faceoff, can't pick up the correct man in the D zone, not creating a thing.  Same for Pageau.
I didn't really notice him losing guys in the defensive zone, but then, then whole team just looks bewildered when bigger teams come at them with speed. Pageau has been very, very disappointing. I'd sent him down anytime now if I didn't know what he could do. He needs to sort things out.

Again though, what a terrible schedule to start. Let's re-asses after game 12 or so.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
After 3:02 there is no way Pageau is seeing anything but the pressbox or the back of the seat in front of him in the coach on the way to Bingo. I could be right but it doesn't matter, he's not seeing top line duty any time soon.

But Michalek needs to be demoted.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
After 3:02 there is no way Pageau is seeing anything but the pressbox or the back of the seat in front of him in the coach on the way to Bingo.  I could be right but it doesn't matter, he's not seeing top line duty any time soon.

But Michalek needs to be demoted.
Yeah, this is a do-or-die game for Pageau IMO. He hasn't done any of the things that made the Sens chose him to stay in the NHL - and everyone knows he can be a lot better. He either does it tonight, or I think he goes back to the AHL for a while. That's my guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum